Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #315 on: November 17, 2004, 10:41:29 PM »
Next time throw a nade in the room first.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2004, 10:43:04 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I heared some stress in his voice.

Hard to judge stress merely from the sound of a person voice as everyone reacts to it differently.

And after several days of fighting while he probably was wound up like a spring inside he probably wasnt as prone to show it verbaly
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #317 on: November 17, 2004, 10:45:20 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Next time throw a nade in the room first.

I like my idea better.

Insist the embedded reporter check it out first.

Might be interesting to see what he would have thought they should do
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #318 on: November 17, 2004, 10:48:16 PM »
Just a question - if we hate reporters so much, just what is it we are defending in Iraq?

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #319 on: November 17, 2004, 10:54:51 PM »
Faking death is a violation of the GC.

Using a house of worship to store weapons or conduct combat operations is a violation of the GC.

Fake surrenders are a violation of the GC.

All of the above were commonplace in Falluja.

Other wounded insurgents were not shot, because they were not trying to conceal the fact that they were alive.

Weapons WERE recovered in the room (video shows AK-47s being carried out by Marines).

Did the Marine over-react? Maybe. But, what he did must be viewed in context of the environment. What he did may not have been PC, but under the rules of war, it wasn't illegal either.

This Marine will not be charged and will be back in his unit within days.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #320 on: November 17, 2004, 11:06:36 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

At first glance and if you didnt know better one would think they just rolled into town, set out a spread and annouced there was a free feast going on for anyone that was interested.

But I bet they probably made good on their offer of food. Gunpowder residue or not

Oh man... I just read the Marines served ham sandwiches to the 47 starving Iraqi citizens.... This is just... inhumane.  As an American I am overcome with shame at the insensitivity of these Marines to pull this cruel, hellish stunt... Really... How in the HELL can one eat a ham sandwich without Gray Poupon?

:confused:

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #321 on: November 17, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »
>>This Marine will not be charged and will be back in his unit within days.
<<

You may be right, but I'd bet my house you're wrong. I think he will be charged. And I'll add, I don't think its all his fault. I don't think he should've been there.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2004, 03:17:41 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Oh man... I just read the Marines served ham sandwiches to the 47 starving Iraqi citizens.... This is just... inhumane.  As an American I am overcome with shame at the insensitivity of these Marines to pull this cruel, hellish stunt... Really... How in the HELL can one eat a ham sandwich without Gray Poupon?

:confused:

Oh dear god - just wait till the *****ing starts about pork and damnation of the ham sandwich possie.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2004, 03:50:17 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
The military tribunal will decide. Somehow I've got the feeling that they will prove the murderous fascists prettythangholes in this thread wrong.

Posters in this very thread are murderers? :eek:
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2004, 04:06:13 AM »
I just believe after seeing the video that there is room for debate on whether the Marine was justified in a belief that a threat existed.  

If it is reasonable to believe that a threat existed then perhaps the Marine acted appropriately.

Most acts of war appear inappropriate when witnessed from the safety of one's living room.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2004, 04:36:36 AM »
Most acts of war appear inappropriate when witnessed from the safety of one's living room.

That is worthy of a sig file!

Crumpp

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2004, 08:55:53 AM »
If you shoot prisoners that have their hands up or in plain view and make no sudeden moves then it is probly bad judgement or worse...   especialy if you have been guarding them for a while or have been observing them for a while.

if you burst into a room and see a maybe wounded guy moving and can't see what his hands are doing then you are stupid and negligent if you don't shoot.    This is not an episode of "cops".

this is not nazis shoving people in ovens or shooting bound prisoners.

shlots is just mad because we defeated hitler and proved thnat the 109 was worthless because it had no range.

lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2004, 09:44:18 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz

Well done pinhead....just goes to show that indeed we are a world apart.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2004, 09:58:40 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
oh oh..rude is posting his true feelings again. we know where that got us last time.

pre war whining by rude

well rude. You pulled up in front of Bagdad and they gave you the country. How many dead are there now anyway?

That answer is simple....more dead than there should have been. If the UN would have helped us, then this thing would be much closer to being over.

Of course, why should the UN participate in something they feel is wrong when so much much right was accomplished by oil for food?

I don't like this war anymore than anyone else does....what I despise even more are two faced politicians pretending to be allies with the US when it serves them best....then the poop hits the fan on 9/11 and we have to listen to the UN and it's history of failures around the world, dictate to us what we should and should not do.

While you might feel it's ok to talk a good game, I'm from the school of talk is cheap....there comes a time when talking brings a deminished return and a different approach is necessary.

Offline YTSSGTD

• Zinc Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2004, 10:03:48 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
That answer is simple....more dead than there should have been. If the UN would have helped us, then this thing would be much closer to being over.

Of course, why should the UN participate in something they feel is wrong when so much much right was accomplished by oil for food?

I don't like this war anymore than anyone else does....what I despise even more are two faced politicians pretending to be allies with the US when it serves them best....then the poop hits the fan on 9/11 and we have to listen to the UN and it's history of failures around the world, dictate to us what we should and should not do.

While you might feel it's ok to talk a good game, I'm from the school of talk is cheap....there comes a time when talking brings a deminished return and a different approach is necessary.

Good on ya Man.