Author Topic: An observation.  (Read 1059 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
An observation.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 03:43:11 PM »
Tinpot,

Would it not be easier on your sensabilities to take this BBS with a grain of salt? All of almost always open ourselves to what seems to be annoying you in most of our own POSTS. A thick skin helps most of the time. :)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
An observation.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2004, 04:09:20 PM »
Tinpot: You called me out, And are still doing it implying some how you are still singled out. And It is starting to be an issue because you refuse to drop it. First in this very thread I modirated a flame of you personaly, of course you have no way of know that since it was deleted. So once again you make false accusations. with this line

and myself have been on the recieving end of some pretty sharp criticsm, nay insulting remarks. None and I repeat none of which has ever been commented upon by the moderators.

And we realy are talking about somthing 1 line away from your  current post.

If I caused Hitech offense I apologise. I do not think the current system regarding landing is very good and I believe I'm entitled to say so. ( or maybe I would be if i was another player! )

The first part of that quote is fine. The 2nd part once again goes over the top, and is starting to get you in big trouble.

Finaly the item I qoted on your ogrinal thoughts were not moderated either, I only brought it up in this thread, when you went totaly over the top with the false hoods of me not taking player ideas into considerating. And then wanted people to reply politly, well if you would start to do the same, and not persist with these "flame baits" then people might start responding politly in kind. But if you continue to post with a chip on your shoulder , things will not go well for your conversations on this bbs.

HiTech

Offline muerto

• Zinc Member
An observation.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2004, 04:57:48 PM »
killnu
well, its good to know about the airfield landing thing, now ill just ditch in the water and get a ditch rather than fly for that extra 10 minutes to hit the runway and spin off. it all counts the same. thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that or you could just learn to land.  It's not that difficult.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
An observation.
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2004, 07:04:19 PM »
Yeah, that or you could just learn to land. It's not that difficult

since you must not of read the other thread i started,  you obviously dont know the point of my reply.  and it shows in your post.  next time before you hit that "submit reply" button, have a clue...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
ok
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2004, 06:03:34 AM »
:cool: I SURRENDER :cool:

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
Bye!
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2004, 06:26:23 AM »
:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
An observation.
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2004, 06:41:40 AM »
Good ... bye.

Offline muerto

• Zinc Member
An observation.
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2004, 10:42:50 AM »
since you must not of read the other thread i started, you obviously dont know the point of my reply. and it shows in your post. next time before you hit that "submit reply" button, have a clue...

What's the point of having different threads for different subjects if you're going to expect everyone to read every thread you've ever posted it to know what the h*** you're talking about.

I think you're the one without a clue.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
An observation.
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2004, 11:05:33 AM »
umm yea

have you read this thread?  there are several mentions of the other thread in this one, some by important type people, but i suppose they are clueless?!:confused:
you may move along...;)
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
An observation.
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2004, 11:14:46 AM »
1) HT reads pretty much everything on the BBS.

2) Paying your monthly AH bill gives you no more right of ownership on the game than paying your cable bill gives you for HBO.

3) As with every game, the designer(s) have their vision. You may not agree with HT/Pyro's vision for AH (I don't half the time), but it's that vision which propels development. State your case, don't take a "no" or non-reply personal, and move on. If you turn out to have been right all along and your suggestion is adopted, a subtle "I told you so" is acceptable (or if replying to HT: "I toled you soo." :D )

4) HT has been involved in flight sims for 15 years, I think Pyro started a year later. I'm working on my 18th year involved in the genre. That means some of us have been playing/developing these games since before some of the current players were even born. So a lot has already been discussed at least once in 15 years, and a lot gets dismissed because it's been tried before and failed. If this was the first game of it's kind in it's 4th year, it'd be a completely different situation. But this is a 3rd generation (or 4th if you count AW III) game with close to two decades of development and community history.

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Re: Ok
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2004, 11:15:36 AM »
Originally posted by Tinpot
However I do think that the game seems to be less about realistic WW2 combat and is more of an arcade game with WW2 aircraft.

Absolutely correct, some have a mistaken impression regarding what AH is.  This is not Microsoft Flight Simulator, never in a million years will be.  AH is indeed a game, a game based on WWII aircraft.  The operative word being "game", not "simulator".

This game does have different arenas an events that cater to different types of game (damn theres that word again) play including realistic WW2 combat but its largely empty.  Main Arena will never in a million years be about realistic WW2 combat, but then it isn't supposed to be either.

PS (that other arena is CT, it has winter maps night and all that stuff - and has for years)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 11:20:33 AM by Zanth »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: Big spade!
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2004, 12:06:24 PM »
Originally posted by Tinpot
and myself have been on the recieving end of some pretty sharp criticsm, nay insulting remarks.

None and I repeat none of which has ever been commented upon by the moderators.

Actually HT deleted my post, as it should have been.  So I'm calling BS on that.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
An observation.
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2004, 01:08:39 PM »
Sounds like a  bunch of tetchy people having a go at one poster to me! I've read these threads and for what its worth I think he called the landing system rubbish, not the whole game! Ok so maybe a bit strong but whatever happened to freedom of speech huh? We may not like it but hey it is only a virtual world there a much bigger badder real world out there. No need to get quite so upset!

Have fun people! that is what this is about isn't it?:rolleyes:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
An observation.
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2004, 01:22:29 PM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
Sounds like a  bunch of tetchy people having a go at one poster to me! I've read these threads and for what its worth I think he called the landing system rubbish, not the whole game! Ok so maybe a bit strong but whatever happened to freedom of speech huh? We may not like it but hey it is only a virtual world there a much bigger badder real world out there. No need to get quite so upset!

Have fun people! that is what this is about isn't it?:rolleyes:

Yep, new BBBS member :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
An observation.
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2004, 01:24:40 PM »
Eh?

So?

Does that mean only your opinion is valid?

Enlighten me!