Author Topic: your favorite quote  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2005, 12:47:03 PM »
Anything from Bush where he has to answer a question without assistance.

:lol

* "We will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth in defense of our great nation."

* "Actually, I--this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about--when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

* "Quotas are bad for America. It's not the way America is all about."

* "Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work."

* "Our nation must come together to unite."

* "These terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework - the groundwork - not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the - all right."

* "We will stand up for terror. We will stand up for freedom."

* "The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."

* "The prime minister brought up the Abu Garef [pause] si. situation."

* "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

* "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain we will not have an all-volunteer army."

* "We thought we were protected forever from trade policy or terrorist attacks because our oceans protected us."

* "I noticed today that the elections are on schedule for June the 30th. What we're doing is the right thing in Iraq, and history will prove it right."

* "A pee and s—free and secure Iraq in the midst of the Middle East will have enormous hist . . . uh . . . historical impact."

* "Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

* "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

* "How do you know if you don't measure if you have a system that simply suckles kids through?"

* "I don't think we need to be subliminidible about the difference between our views on prescription drugs."

* "In 1994 there were 67 schools in Texas that were rated exemplorary according to our own tests."

* "It's one thing to have justice, it's another thing to go overboard with justice."

* "The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."

* "...the illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

* "The Iraqi regime is a threat to any American, and to threats who are friends of America."

* "The point I say to you is, is that, you know, if what you're suggesting is, is that, uh, what I'm suggesting to you is that you can't name the foreign minister of Mexico, therefore, uh, you know, you're not capable of what you do, but the truth of the matter is you're is, you are, whether you can or not."

* "There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says 'Fool me once . . . shame on . . . shame on you . . . they fool me, I can't get fooled again.'"

* "They misunderestimated me."

* This is a . . . there was no malfeeance involved, this was a honest disagreement about . . . uh . . . accounting procedures."

* "We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."

* "We say to seniors, we understand how important prescription drug coverage. So prescription drugs will be an ingrinable part of the Medicare plan."

* "When we talk about war, we're really talkin' about peace."

* "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

* "The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur"

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2005, 02:32:44 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
"I drank what?"
-the last words of Socrates;)

Wait a minute..

This was what Chris Knight ( Val Kilmer ) said in the movie 'Real Genius'.

Followed shortly thereafter by..

"Ice is Nice!"
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2005, 02:39:42 PM »
Originally posted by APDrone
Wait a minute..

This was what Chris Knight ( Val Kilmer ) said in the movie 'Real Genius'.

Followed shortly thereafter by..

"Ice is Nice!"

yup,

it is a "moral impartative"

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »
"have you ever had a dream where you were standing on top of a pyramid with thousands of beautiful naked women throwing pickles at you?"

or something like that.    from real genius.

great flick.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2005, 03:24:47 PM »
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Bullet Tooth Tony
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2005, 03:29:12 PM »
mrrrrnnnnnngggghhhhh (gasp)

resisting urge to post forrest gump quote.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline wigglepog

• Zinc Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2005, 07:58:36 PM »
"It's the difference that makes the difference"

- Herbert Brun

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2005, 08:00:20 PM »
"I suppose not eating people is the first step to making friends."

-Omnipotous, devourer of worlds

From "The Tick" comics :)

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2005, 11:00:06 PM »
"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he were a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the cockiest sons of *****es I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and, generally speaking, the United States Marines I've come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have ever had the pleasure to meet."
--An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

"Teufelhunde! (Devil Dogs)"
GERMAN SOLDIERS, WW1 at BELLEAU WOOD
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
your favorite quote
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »
"Congress!  A bunch of out-of-work astronauts and c-list actors."
- Mr. Brisby, commenting on Congress's outlawing of human cloning.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
your favorite quote
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2005, 03:45:10 AM »
"The problem with the French is that they have no word for 'entrepreneur.'"
 - GWB
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2005, 04:15:01 AM »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline scout

• Zinc Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2005, 05:14:21 AM »
A quote appropriate for the Intardnet:

"Never wrestle with a pig, you'll both get dirty and the pig will like it"

Net search for coiner yielded:
- George Bernard Shaw
- Mark Twain
- old polish saying (my favorite because it sounds oldest)

I'd love to know the original coinee.

Offline scout

• Zinc Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2005, 05:20:49 AM »
More ...

"What's the use of sending a $2 million missile into a $10 tent to hit a camel in the butt?" - George W Bush

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into."   Jonathan Swift

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
Socrates (469 BC - 399 BC)

"Those who do not think about their own sins make up for it by thinking incessantly about the sins of others."
- C. S. Lewis

"Believing is easier than thinking. Hence so many more believers than thinkers." --Bruce Calvert

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)

The man is the problem. No man, no problem. - Josif Stalin.

Moral indignation is envy with a halo. - H.G. Wells

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:25:19 AM by scout »

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
your favorite quote
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2005, 05:48:37 AM »
Well,

I would have to say,

HiTech is the PUTZ!
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!