Author Topic: A plea to the larger squads.......  (Read 2303 times)

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
A plea to the larger squads.......
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2005, 07:56:27 AM »
Well if you don't think there is a Problem Switch to Knights for a month or 2. Not to say the KNights don't hord but we do get it more then we give it >)

Crims
479th Raiders
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2005, 11:44:47 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1

After the first mass run , everything at that base is down, so it stops activity at that base. It leaves the attacking team flying around in circles over the base doing their best standup comedy on vox until a goon arrives because there is nothing else to do. On the other hand it leaves the opposing team very little choice also.

This is exactly how I saw the last week I was playing this game. Either in a hord listening to bad comedy on vox, or then one of the loney planes flying to a 5 vs 50 situation...

I do think AH2 was a great flight sim, not a ww2 sim.

(I dont think they attacked towns next to air fields with 10 dudes running down a map room in ww2 ;)  ) j/k

Well im not paying the 15$ for now, so ofcourse I have no oppinion on MA at the moment. Its just a pitty such a good flight sim has become a "win the map by hording" contest.

And as some one says, there is not much action in DA or the other arenas.

Because the game is technically so good, and most of the players are so nice people, im sure I be back in some months or so.

I finaly got my IL2 working, after having some problems with the installation. I even got my CH pedals and Logitech j/s to work in it
:aok

Maybe I can use the saved 15$'s on buying the two sequels to IL2. If I can learn to fly the singel player stuff that is :rofl

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2005, 06:11:16 PM »
Originally posted by crims
Well if you don't think there is a Problem Switch to Knights for a month or 2. Not to say the KNights don't hord but we do get it more then we give it >)

:lol :rofl :lol :rofl :lol :rofl

Wow. I needed that.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2005, 06:14:40 PM »
I thought the Ltars were disbanded...
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2005, 09:41:22 PM »
As duly appointed nothing in particular, I'd like to point out the BoP/Bish hordes in relation to Rook hordes is miniscule at best. It would be interesting to see a Rook v Knight darbar a little more often.

HotDogMn
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: A plea to the larger squads.......
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2005, 10:04:30 PM »

C`mon guys.......what can you possibly enjoy about this?

it the perk points thing.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: A plea to the larger squads.......
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2005, 06:11:14 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
it the perk points thing.

lol I hope that`s a joke.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2005, 08:57:22 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
As duly appointed nothing in particular, I'd like to point out the BoP/Bish hordes in relation to Rook hordes is miniscule at best. It would be interesting to see a Rook v Knight darbar a little more often.

HotDogMn

I hereby appoint you Assistant Horde Coordinator.  Now go get me a beer!

shubie

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2005, 10:06:15 PM »

Here`s an example.
  For over 2 hours Bish kept a steady 2 dar bars going into 34 to no avail. Sad, but true.
  Knights spread their attack out and started multiple attacks.They took 67,40,41,42 then had attacks going to 43, 44, and 45. All this in less than an hour. Worked like a charm.Was some pretty good action going on at 44, but for the most part the 2 dar bar heros of ours moved on to do the same lame watermelon at a Rook base. Go figure.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2005, 10:31:32 PM »

Here`s an example.
  For over 2 hours Bish kept a steady 2 dar bars going into 34 to no avail. Sad, but true.
  Knights spread their attack out and started multiple attacks.They took 67,40,41,42 then had attacks going to 43, 44, and 45. All this in less than an hour. Worked like a charm.Was some pretty good action going on at 44, but for the most part the 2 dar bar heros of ours moved on to do the same lame watermelon at a Rook base. Go figure.

That's not my definition of a horde.  A horde has a purpose.  What you were seeing was a herd, or what we call a conga line.  Hordes jump on bases and capture them.  Herds mill around and eat grass.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2005, 10:39:11 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
I kinda learned those things in real life, playing organized sports and in the Army. In organized sports (with the exception of Hockey/power plays) the numbers always match and you win by individual skill and leadership (and tactics) that can't rely on having an extra 11 players on the field.

In the military it's nice to have overwhelming numbers (and superior intel and equipment), but you still rely on individual skill (training) and leadership that can function and win (hopefully) without an overwhelming numerical advantage if required.

To say there there is any special leadership skill or teamwork involved in winning by outnumbering an opponent 3 or 4 to 1 is a bit of a stretch. I mean, how hard is it to say, "let's hit 51, you bring the goon. Be sure to get the GV hanger" while your swarm beat down the handful of defenders that may actually be defending that particular base? Now, if you can take a base when opposed by greater odds -- that's an accomplishment. But the hordes never really seem to seek out anyting approaching even odds.

Charon

Oh, good grief.  Then why are you ragging me?  If you actually learned anything, you wouldn't be biotching about it.

And I never said the lessons were unique or special.  Just valuable.  And in the military I was in, we operated as a team in all things--anything else could get the sub sunk.  Individual skills were important, yes--but not everybody had the same skills.  I operated the reactor.  I knew how to fire torpedos, but not as well as a torpedoman.  He couldn't operate the reactor.  In a team, everybody specializes, and backs each other up.  Can you find a parallel in AH?  If not, ask and I will 'splain it to you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 10:43:04 PM by rshubert »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2005, 10:55:05 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
That's not my definition of a horde.  A horde has a purpose.  What you were seeing was a herd, or what we call a conga line.  Hordes jump on bases and capture them.  Herds mill around and eat grass.

As usual with you , you failed to grasp the point. You have made your stand clear. We know why. So why not move along and let the adults chat.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2005, 12:28:34 AM »
And I never said the lessons were unique or special. Just valuable. And in the military I was in, we operated as a team in all things--anything else could get the sub sunk. Individual skills were important, yes--but not everybody had the same skills. I operated the reactor. I knew how to fire torpedos, but not as well as a torpedoman. He couldn't operate the reactor. In a team, everybody specializes, and backs each other up. Can you find a parallel in AH? If not, ask and I will 'splain it to you.

You can't even apply the proper definition of Conga line so I doubt you could really explain much else about this subject to me.

Were you on a boomer? That would explain a lot. Accomplish your mission while avoiding contact can get ingrained I imagine. Hell, I even thought all that teamwork was used to defeat overwhelming Soviet odds while at a numerical disadvantage. Can you guys take bases without those odds, or when at a disadvantage? That would seem to require real skill and teamwork.

Charon

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2005, 12:37:26 AM »
First of all, Jackal your not refering to yourself as an adult, are you???
  In my personal experiance with you as a former member of Merc Air I would rank you in with the 12 to 16 year old crowd. Shubes has behaved much more like an adult than you ever did with me.
 That said while I was in your squad (Great group of guys btw) I rarely saw anything get done other than flying with you on one of your (Fly to nmy base, drop ord on some strat or other, Furball and get a kill or 2 (I do have to admit you are a competent pilot) and fly back to base to land said kills.) Oh and not to forget your favorite saying  "rinse and repeat"
   But for the most part this never really acomplished much.

I have been a BOP for quite some time now and I see things get done especially on squad night when said horde forms up we start missions and alot of the time we will take the target with out porking everything other than the fitghter hangers and VH. If it looks like things are going well and a capture is imminent than those that still have enuf ord and fuel continue on to the next base while those without hang around to make shure the goon gets in safely. I have seen us take 2 to 4 bases in a row useing this method.

I think the best way to describe this stratagy would be that we of the BOP's don't play with our food, we kill it,  eat it and have a good time doing it.

:D

So why don't you go back to the kiddy table and squish those mashed taters through your fingers while the adults chow down on the steak.;)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2005, 06:22:42 AM »
Originally posted by Flayed1

In my personal experiance with you as a former member of Merc Air I would rank you in with the 12 to 16 year old crowd. Shubes has behaved much more like an adult than you ever did with me.
 That said while I was in your squad (Great group of guys btw) I rarely saw anything get done other than flying with you on one of your (Fly to nmy base, drop ord on some strat or other, Furball and get a kill or 2 (I do have to admit you are a competent pilot) and fly back to base to land said kills.)

Well looka here Granny, Ole Splayed1....... eeer Played1, whatever, is trying  it again.  OK, as far as age ranking we`ll put you somewhere around 6 and that`s being generous. Hoss I`m old enough to be YO Daddy.
  Thank the heavens for condoms though.
  Yea, I know your a little bitter there slick. I remember your great idea of the MERCs joining up and flying with the horde and your disapointment when I explained the facts to ya. I`ll tell ya again ....the MERCs are not, were not and will never be meant to be, or participate in a horde.
  I`d like to thank you though for defining the perfect sorty in your above statement. Maybe you were thinking I should hand out Milk Duds or suckers at the end of each sorty as an award for being a good L`il virtual dweeb.The idea there bub was to get you up to a certain point of competency , then progress. You never made it passed the basics and I see you are still working on them. Good luck on that.
  Stick with the steam roller, practice your Looney Toons impressions on vox, collect your"One Attaboy" certificate for doing nothing and move along.