Author Topic: A plea to the larger squads.......  (Read 2301 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
A plea to the larger squads.......
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2005, 07:49:37 AM »
do you guys really enjoy killing toolsheds and fumbling around in the air trying not to make your mouse bump your plane into the other guys?

lazs

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2005, 12:36:59 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
do you guys really enjoy killing toolsheds and fumbling around in the air trying not to make your mouse bump your plane into the other guys?

lazs

YES, yes we do.  Get that through your thick noggin, lassie.  We enjoy it.  Si.  Oui. Da, Ja, yup, yep, uh-huh, affirmative.

Do you really enjoy flying around in little circles shooting wildly at other planes flying around in little circles?

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2005, 02:10:43 PM »
shooting wildly at other planes flying around in little circles?
I wish they did most of the tme its chasing runners or you have to stick your six in thier face just to get them to engage.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1

Here`s an example.
  For over 2 hours Bish kept a steady 2 dar bars going into 34 to no avail. Sad, but true.
  Knights spread their attack out and started multiple attacks.They took 67,40,41,42 then had attacks going to 43, 44, and 45. All this in less than an hour. Worked like a charm.Was some pretty good action going on at 44, but for the most part the 2 dar bar heros of ours moved on to do the same lame watermelon at a Rook base. Go figure.

Actauly Jackal misses one big point.
The mass Knit hoard when they had about 60+ players more than the nearest side hitting 67/40/41/42, and it wasn't spread out. It was a hoard moving from one base to another with a few guys keeping other fields busy. I happened to be one the guys trying to stop them getting 39.
Assuming we're talking last night of course. If so multiple attacks my big hairy arse. Those bars don't 'show' the true numbers.

In fact it looks like 5 dar bars to 1 and bit Bish, and who's complaining about hoards lol.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 02:24:34 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2005, 02:25:34 PM »
well shubie... at least you admit it.

lazs

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2005, 03:40:22 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
As duly appointed nothing in particular, I'd like to point out the BoP/Bish hordes in relation to Rook hordes is miniscule at best. It would be interesting to see a Rook v Knight darbar a little more often.

HotDogMn

I have to agree with you. I found Crims statement rather interesting. I started out as a Rook and couldn't finds many good fights for a month. Just a whole lot of green icons. Could have been my noobiness but when I switched to Bish I found lots of fights. A lot of them we were very outnumbered.

Most evenings Bish get our arses handed to us so if we horde you and maybe win one or two then so be it. Organization isn't one of our greatest skills but it's getting better. Mostly because of squad leaders getting the non-squad players involved.

Not that hording is a good thing, but if you see one team up and defend against it. Something we Bish don't seem to be able to do some nights.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2005, 04:27:05 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Actauly Jackal misses one big point.
The mass Knit hoard when they had about 60+ players more than the nearest side hitting 67/40/41/42, and it wasn't spread out. It was a hoard moving from one base to another with a few guys keeping other fields busy. I happened to be one the guys trying to stop them getting 39.
Assuming we're talking last night of course. If so multiple attacks my big hairy arse. Those bars don't 'show' the true numbers.

In fact it looks like 5 dar bars to 1 and bit Bish, and who's complaining about hoards lol.

LMAO The obvious escapes you again.
  Can you see? They were hitting different bases at the same time as I explained. Get your colors right Lucy. It`s not default.

Like I said before, I believe you have made your stance clear on this issue. You intend to keep plowing along doing the same lame crap as before. So be it. We know why. So what keeps luring you back and seems to compell you to keep coming to this thread and squealing like a pig under a gate?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 04:45:29 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2005, 04:48:23 PM »
Lol, what escapes me.
Instead of one humungous hoard you have 3 slightly smaller ones.
Oh and you (knits) were after 39 unless I was mis-seeing my chess pieces last night.
You really should look at the pic you posted and then explain the difference between 1 big hoard, and at least 3 slightly smaller, yet still hoards.
2 dar bar heros? Look again, theres 3 full dar bars, 2 almost full dar bars, plus whatever is at 43. So that prob comes closer to 5+ full dar bars.
Against 1 1/2 maybe, nope theyre not hoards lol.

Bit like a Rook complaining of alt monkeys this one. (puts umbrella up)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2005, 05:02:23 PM »
Ummmmm Kev, I don`t to bust your bubble here, but who are you refering to as "you Knights"?

The upper fields were taken by hitting multiple targets at the same time as was the lower ones . The difference being all the clowns didn`t load up in one bus and all go to Happy Town (the same base) and plow everything under on the first pass, then spend time circling doing stand up comedy on vox while one or two sectors over their bases were being meticuously taken. If they had done the ole steam roller, 2, 3 or more dar bars going to one base then nobody would be defending against anything. It would totaly stop gameplay as discussed earlier. That`s the point.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 05:14:06 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2005, 01:22:13 AM »
Oh boy look I got the 6 year old worked up and he's throwing a temper tantrum!!!! :D
   Or maybe like you say your old enuf to be my daddy or maybe grand daddy because you obviously are going senile..... in that case you shouldn't be squishing mashed taters in your fingers, you should be sitting in a recliner drinking ensure.;)

Explain things to me??? you never did any such thing you simply started yelling at me forum style for the mere suggestion that we try flying on bops squad chanle because when ever I logged on there was me and maybe 1 other guy in the squad on and 2 guys in the MA can't do much.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2005, 01:27:55 AM »
Actually Jackle I'm sorry, I don't want to start a fight here.

If you in a nice way had explained the problems you had with the bops way of doing things I might still be flying as a part of Merc Air. I ejoyed flying with Jodgi, spot1, stevenb (who was usually the only other squad mate on) and even you Jackal. I think I could have learned alot from you about flying a fighter :) as you can see now I am almost a full time bomber pilot.

I'm sorry you still seem to dislike me and my way of thinking and I'm sorry for the negitive comments tward you in my posts but you got me riled up a bit by being rude in your posts to my XO and squad in general.

But If you are on at the same time I am, feel free to call on me and the B.O.P. Merlins for any bombing neads. We are a great bunch of bomber pilots and will help where neaded. And for that matter Im sure the rest of the B.O.P.'s would help you in base capture activities.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2005, 05:19:13 AM »

I have no idea what you are talking about" yelling at you". I haven`t had the transmit feature of vox since the beginning of AHII. .
 You seem to want to turn this into a BOP thing for some reason. It`s certainly not. I think if you will take the time to go back and maybe read the thread you will find that out.
  Some of the old time BOPS are the best in the game and I have flew with many on many, many occasions and had a blast. So , just because Shubie has made the statement "NO", (that took a half a page to post btw), don`t even try to go there.
  Like has been said over and over here.....if you are bound and determined to continue to use the 2,3 or more dar bar mode of hitting single bases, then so be it. Can`t nobody force you or anyone to do anything, so go forth and horde, be happy.
  On the other hand I have noticed that some actualy care about how the game plays out and are giving some other options a shot. That`s what the thread is about and is a simple request to ALL multi-wing squads .  Wait........... AHhhh that`s better. I had to add a l`il Ensure to my coffee. :D ( Jack Daniels and Ensure are basicaly the same, right?)
  Rest easy ..... I hold no ill feelings against you . As a matter of fact, I like getting my day started off with a laugh.
  What I`m looking for here is the folks that sees the problem and can do something about it. Pretty simple actualy. Give it a shot, see what happens, etc. If they don`t like it they can immediately go back to their way. No biggy.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2005, 02:54:35 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well shubie... at least you admit it.

lazs

Admit it, hell.  I'm PROUD of it.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2005, 03:11:56 PM »
So uuuhhh Jackal...
Not to be a smartazzzz or anything....yeah right :)
Did you get your point across?

:D

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2005, 07:21:05 PM »
Originally posted by Nwbie
So uuuhhh Jackal...
Not to be a smartazzzz or anything....yeah right :)
Did you get your point across?
:D

NwBie

Lawd knows Imma tryin NwBie. :D
  Kids nowadays....sheeeesh. lol