Author Topic: America VS the world  (Read 2908 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2005, 10:23:05 AM »
curry is indian isnt it?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2005, 11:28:27 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
mechanic... Where did I give the US sole credit for winning WWII...  we stayed out to let you savages sort out your latest mega slaughter till it spilled over to us and then we finished it.

and.... I find it amusing that someone from the land of pudding and boiled chicken is complaining about US pizza being bland.

I didn't find one good mexican resteraunt in england either.

lazs

i didnt imply that the you said this did I?

and it was beetle who complained about your pizza i think.

curry is indian.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2005, 11:31:01 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
curry is indian.

I thought corn, potatos and Buffalo was Indian.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2005, 11:52:39 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
mechanic... Where did I give the US sole credit for winning WWII...  we stayed out to let you savages sort out your latest mega slaughter till it spilled over to us and then we finished it.

and.... I find it amusing that someone from the land of pudding and boiled chicken is complaining about US pizza being bland.

I didn't find one good mexican resteraunt in england either.

lazs

Why the hell did you search a Mexican restaurant in England when best and tastiest foreign food is Indian/Paki ?

And btw English cuisine pre-Victoria is decent and pretty on par with traditionnal cuisine

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2005, 11:54:25 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I thought corn, potatos and Buffalo was Indian.

Aren't corn and postatoes more mexican ?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2005, 11:57:13 AM »
Aztecs and Mayans are Indians...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2005, 12:04:17 PM »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
America VS the world
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2005, 01:16:17 PM »
I don't know of a decent Mexican restaurant in England, just as I didn't know of a decent Indian curry restaurant in California when I lived there. I went to one place in San Francisco and ordered the hottest dish on the menu, and it was mild/bland. (And I'm not a vindaloo man - I like madras/dhansak, but not much hotter) However, things move on and I found a pretty damned decent Indian restaurant in New York - the India Garden at 624 Amsterdam (at W90th St.) for anyone who knows that area.

Mechanic - sure, we can meet at L'Artista sometime. You can tell me what I'm missing in AH these days.

You guys know how I like to tease the yanks and get 'em all ruffled up - ;) - but it has to be said that we could not have won WW2 without them. I know that, and Churchill knew it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
America VS the world
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »
I tried curry once and it was just terrible for me.   I like fairly bland food.... not so bland as english boiled chicken bland but not so spicy as really spicy mexican food.

lazs

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2005, 11:15:04 AM »
i used to eat at this indian restaurant where the cook, jasvir, would ask...you want that "spicy", "sexy spicy", or "burn ass?"

it was very funny with his accent.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
America VS the world
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2005, 11:24:44 AM »
Here's a tip for dining in the U.S.:

If you go to an Indian Food restaurant and there's no Indians there... it's not an Indian Food restaurant.

If you go to a Korean restaurant and there's no Koreans there, it's not a Korean restaurant.

If you go to a Japanese restaurant and there's no Japanese there, it's not a Japanese restaurant.

If you go to a Mexican restaurant and you're the only anglo there... it's a good time to leave.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 11:40:15 AM by Mini D »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
America VS the world
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2005, 11:37:52 AM »
lmao @ JB88 and MiniD
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
America VS the world
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2005, 08:57:54 AM »
mini... we have tame mexicans here in Dixon... in fact... I keep a female one here around the house..  

lazs

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
America VS the world
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2005, 10:14:20 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
No, it's not about the Iraq war... but Iraq's a good example of what newguy was talking about. When those Iraqis finally go to vote for their own democratic government, what European country's soldiers other than England and Poland will be there in force to help them and protect them?

That'd be ............. none. Don't think the other non-democratic don't notice.

Someone forgot Poland.....

You are forgetting someone else, mr. Toad.

As usual you are pissing on people siding (and risking) with your boys down there.