Author Topic: Ahhh yet another idea strikes me!!!!  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Ahhh yet another idea strikes me!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 08:26:17 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
He he. Several times.  Thats not enough to make it a problem that needs to be fixed.  Crashing your plane on a target does not hurt the target.  So, why would they do it on purpose?  What if they hit the target and the clime out and away?  Is it OK then?  The resul is the same.  Oh, wait, we will call them run dweebs then.  The problem is not that they augered.  The problem is that you (not personaly  you) did not get a chance to kill them cause you were not fast enough, not high enough, or not at the right place.  Its all about the kill message.

I hit the ground dog fihting more than they do.  Should I be penalized also?

Actually I've seen most of these from a distance. So the kill was not really the issue. If the actual crash causes no damage then I've been enlightened, wasn't aware of that being the newbee dweep that I am.:D  But there is also the case where they drop ord just before they hit. As I said I wouldn't want any change put in unless it was fully vetted within the community and most agreed it was needed.

BTW, I hit the ground a lot too, and those trees, those FREEKIN' trees! I'm also a terrible jabo pilots, I need to spen some offline time and practice that.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2005, 08:34:14 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
What they need to do is harden the towns and bases, making strafing down stuff impossible, set bomb arming to 5k alt minimum. Make it so CV sink only to torpedo fire, and bombing them only disables flight ops. And when it comes to gooning, if a guy captures a town, he is awarded alot of perks, and is given an option at despawn, where he would like them..fighter, bomber or gv points.

In the CV's, yes that would make it more realistic. At Coral Sea the Yorktown took multiple bomb hits to her flight deck but was able to limp back to pearl and even was able to take action at Midway. BUT, I doubt if we'd like it if we had to sail the CV all the was back to port to get the flight deck repaired before we could continue air ops from it. Once the flight deck is destroyed, sinking it is a way to get it to respawn and back in action.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2005, 08:44:12 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Once the flight deck is destroyed, sinking it is a way to get it to respawn and back in action.

:D  Since when can the flight deck be destroyed?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2005, 08:53:47 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Actually I've seen most of these from a distance. So the kill was not really the issue. If the actual crash causes no damage then I've been enlightened, wasn't aware of that being the newbee dweep that I am.:D  But there is also the case where they drop ord just before they hit. As I said I wouldn't want any change put in unless it was fully vetted within the community and most agreed it was needed.

BTW, I hit the ground a lot too, and those trees, those FREEKIN' trees! I'm also a terrible jabo pilots, I need to spen some offline time and practice that.

I was not talking about you personally.  The plane causes no damage and the bombs need 1K to arm, so releasing right before they hit does not help either.

The differences between exploding with their bombs and RTBing are two.
1.  The guy that was not at the right position or plane (because he is cool and flies slow planes) to kill the Tiff before it dove in and was hoping to catch it on its way out, is denied the kill if he did not get close enough for the proxy.
2.  The bad guy gets to up a new plane to bring more ord over.  Given that pretty mach everything can be taken down in one or two passes, depending on your load, why would he come back?

The target is dead RTB or not.  He already won his batle.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2005, 09:36:10 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I was not talking about you personally.  The plane causes no damage and the bombs need 1K to arm, so releasing right before they hit does not help either.

Didn't take it that way. Just how I've usually seen 'em.

Offline Leayme

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »
Originally posted by Tilt
Suicide missions are as poor as suicide dive runs..........

the fact that the suicider is shot down cos he dived into a fighter swarm is as poor as the guy who slams it into the deck!

Not to take the above as if it applies to myself, but I don't involve myself in suicide runs/missions, and diving into a fighter stream is something I avoid like the plague as do many others, but you still have high performance planes loitering about, looking for an easy or easier target or someone who is occupied by enemy action or trying to drop on the target and given how some bases have a quick defensive response, you are going to be facing opposition, which means either you try to accomplish your goals, which may result in you getting shot down (but you adhere to the mission parameters) or dump your ordinance and try and fight your way free, both of which initailly put you behind the eight ball against the incoming fighter(s). (No height, no speed advantage and the time it takes for you to decide and then jettison your ordinance)

I don't want to lose perk points or be penalized, because though I tried my best I was shot down by chance or by a better pilot or several pilots.

Just another perspective.