Author Topic: USSR and Russia  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2005, 02:11:38 AM »
you were really paissed off when your Russian girl-friend rejected you on the Valentain's day.

As a sidenote, NUKE lost his $3000 retainer in the process. That makes anyone angry. :D

Bush for sale

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2005, 06:08:24 AM »
At first, let me say it again - nothing against the Russians as a people/nation nowdays :)

Now the facts, my grandba was an officer of Polish Army in 1939. Once Germans (Nazi, but still Germans) attacked, he stationed on our eastern border and wes kept there, because "we" suspected that Soviets could attack... and it happened. He fought with the Soviets (if you want to i could post the battles he fought in and so on, but that's not the point i think) by days and finally he was captured. He someways managed to prove that he's not an officer, because the officers on the Polish Army, Policemen or highly edycated people were executed at once at the place where he were captured.
Then we was took to the kind of a concentration camp 40km from moscow and spent the whole winter there, with his "summer uniform"... a lot of his companion died there from hunger and cold... but he managed to survive somehow.
Then because of the agreement with Germans he was send to the Germany and worked there on a farm with British and French prisoners. On a sied note i have to tell you that he said that he was treated really good over there. After some years he escaped and returned to Poland :)

Point is that soviets INVIDED Poland and we never wanted them on our land. Same with the 1944/45. Funny thing is that while Putin been in Poland a while back, he said that Soviet Army made my country free - now that's a bull*****... i think i don't have to explain it :rolleyes:

With all respect to the Sovier Army soldiers who died here fighting with the Germans, they died not to made us free but to concuer our land, so...
Other things are Gulags, not so different from the Nazi concentration Camps... i hope i won't hear that it's a part of making my country free? :rolleyes:

That's the history and it will be painfull as long as it will not be put in all "history" books here and there.
As boroda said once - sure, but you also invided us many times durung the centuries.
Sure Boroda - it also have to be in our hisroty books (and i believe it is.. at least they teached my this in my school.

No need to say that our Allies sold us during and after the WW2 right? ;) also something to put in the books.

Anyway, if we leave the history and politicians on a side - Russia is not evil at all... or as evil as any other countries :)

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2005, 10:03:13 AM »
Oleg Maddox is Russian...the finest coder in the history of the human race. No Russians, no IL2. I love Russians.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »
Originally posted by genozaur
Straffo, you are an uneducated frog-lover.
The 'ethnic boundary' we are talking about was recommended by the British government  and is known in history as the (Lord)' Curson line' presented to the Soviet government in the form of an ultimatum in late teens or early twenties of the XX century.

Here we are again, a frog-lover accusing the respected English gentlemen of trolling.    :rofl :aok

Thank for the compliment my nieculturny friend.

The Curzon line was and is still a stupidity
The border should be at least 400Km EAST of the Curzon line.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2005, 12:06:48 PM »
Originally posted by Zulu7
And what did our American cousins who are so big and tough do at the time?

NOTHING MUCH!

Left it to the French, who they now seem to have issues with and us plucky Brit, to deal with the situation.

Ok so then after a couple of years those pesky Japanese helped make your mind up by seriously embaressing you into a war.

And before you have a go, I do agree it was a case of better late than never of course. Your help was and still is much appreciated.

:aok thanks!

America was trying to remain neutral, the same as Sweden and Switzerland did. If Japan hadnt attacked Pearl Harbor we just might have remained neutral throughout the war.

The other side of the coin is, we probably couldnt have mobilized and sent troops to Europe in time to help save Poland.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2005, 12:20:33 PM »

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2005, 12:26:07 PM »
Heh if one coder and a videogame makes you love russians why don't you move down there and enjoy the great nation. :aok

There were thousands and thousands as foolish as you early 20th century. They were welcomed with open hands, then put to forced labour and NEVER GOT OUT.

Never trust a russian.

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2005, 12:48:07 PM »
Lets have a vote....which one of these OVERopinionated bastages (not everyone) has posted the most mind ****ing lamo pooor excuse for an intelligent response in this thread.

Please feel free to use quotes :D :D

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2005, 02:59:16 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Heh if one coder and a videogame makes you love russians why don't you move down there and enjoy the great nation. :aok

There were thousands and thousands as foolish as you early 20th century. They were welcomed with open hands, then put to forced labour and NEVER GOT OUT.

Never trust a russian.

A little harsh on Russians today heh...Sins of the Father type of deal I guess. Man you guys need to get a life.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2005, 03:08:15 PM »
Originally posted by Naudet
The polemic answer would be: The mentaly retarded and relegious extremists that were nolonger welcome in good old europe around the 15-17th century.

But hey most here will have a bit more reflective thinking than Nuke.

Just a short sidenote: By far the most aggressive state in history are the United States of America. In just over 300 years of existence they started and waged more wars alone than  evil germany & russia together.

You mean the same tards and fanatics that came back and laid waste to Germany because they refused to behave themselves.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2005, 03:14:52 PM »
No not their fault just saying that we were left to go it alone whilst you guys made up your minds. We're pretty proud that we took em on alone over here you know. I think our grandfathers earned that pride. And you might note how my last post ended before you get on your "I'm so clever, high horse!"

;)

I'm from German ancestry, my Grand Daddy was German, If it was up to me I would have declared war on England and kicked your Ass. (Again) Dude your lucky my Uncle lost the election.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2005, 03:27:24 PM »
Originally posted by FuBaR
Lets have a vote....which one of these OVERopinionated bastages (not everyone) has posted the most mind ****ing lamo pooor excuse for an intelligent response in this thread.

Please feel free to use quotes :D :D

Just seems to me as soon as the conversation goes to either ww2 atrocities or jews or eurotrash or ameribashing the threads snowball way off topic. Sometimes its funny sometimes its not. They should have some kind of O'CLUB 1 liner hall o' fame.lol

They say violence never solves anything but it stopped World War 2.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2005, 08:06:20 PM »
And what did our American cousins who are so big and tough do at the time?

NOTHING MUCH!

Left it to the French, who they now seem to have issues with and us plucky Brit, to deal with the situation.

Ok so then after a couple of years those pesky Japanese helped make your mind up by seriously embaressing you into a war.

And before you have a go, I do agree it was a case of better late than never of course. Your help was and still is much appreciated.

:aok thanks!

Might want to look at the front lines movement before and
after Dec 7, 1941.  By middle-end of 1942, things looked much
alot better for the Allies.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2005, 08:10:05 PM »
Originally posted by Naudet
The polemic answer would be: The mentaly retarded and relegious extremists that were nolonger welcome in good old europe around the 15-17th century.

But hey most here will have a bit more reflective thinking than Nuke.

Just a short sidenote: By far the most aggressive state in history are the United States of America. In just over 300 years of existence they started and waged more wars alone than  evil germany & russia together.

Coming from the biggest bully nation on the block, you're a
freaking laugh riot.   Oh yeah, it hasn't been 300 years yet, so
maybe we could tie your record.  We only need to start two
world wars to catch up.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
USSR and Russia
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2005, 08:37:32 PM »
MORE MORE MORE!!!!