Author Topic: Bush Tapes  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« on: February 19, 2005, 07:50:45 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/20/politics/20talk.html?ei=5065&en=3d3a7b4f99465096&ex=1109480400&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print&position=

that is an interesting read

But when Mr. Wead said that Mr. Bush had in the past publicly denied using cocaine, Mr. Bush replied, "I haven't denied anything."

He refused to answer reporters' questions about his past behavior, he said, even though it might cost him the election. Defending his approach, Mr. Bush said: "I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Bush Tapes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 08:05:04 PM »
Pretty interesting. It confirms my idea that Bush stands for what he believes in and doesn't let politics or anything else define who he is and what he believes.

The more I hear about Bush, the more I respect him.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Bush Tapes
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 08:12:33 PM »
"As the author of a new book about presidential childhoods, Mr. Wead could benefit from any publicity, but he said that was not a motive in disclosing the tapes."

hahahaa.... yaright. :aok
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 02:23:30 AM »
George Bush has morals.  I really like him personally for that.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 03:10:46 AM »
Basically who gives a **** if he did a few drugs back in the '70s? It's not as if everyone else wasn't...

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 03:19:14 AM »
well to me its because he along with congress fund  the "drug war". He got to make "mistakes" that other people get  to go to jail for.

Plus is some rehabed cokehead/pothead the best we can do for president? Apparently so.

But there was more to the article than that. I just thought those stuck out. Kinda gives an insider look into how he thinks.  I suggest reading it.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Bush Tapes
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 03:56:10 AM »
Originally posted by Raider179
well to me its because he along with congress fund  the "drug war". He got to make "mistakes" that other people get  to go to jail for.

Excellent point Raider.

Maybe he should institute the "president Bush get out of jail" system. All you have to do is find Jebus and you're off the hook ? :rolleyes:

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 05:47:01 AM »
"It's me versus the world." - GWB

?

:(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 05:54:05 AM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 11:11:49 AM »
well raider... I did a lot of things that I don't do anymore.  If I would have gotten caught I would have went to prison.  

Does that mean that I have no right now to say those things were wrong and that people who are caught doing them should go to prison?

a siimple example is... do you believe it is wrong to exceed the speed limit or fudge your taxes?   If you go five mph over the speed limit or lie about how much you gave to charity.... does that mean that you have no right to want someone arrested who goes 70mph in a school zone or cheats the government out of a billion dollars in taxes?

lazs

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 12:48:59 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well raider... I did a lot of things that I don't do anymore.  If I would have gotten caught I would have went to prison.  

Does that mean that I have no right now to say those things were wrong and that people who are caught doing them should go to prison?

a siimple example is... do you believe it is wrong to exceed the speed limit or fudge your taxes?   If you go five mph over the speed limit or lie about how much you gave to charity.... does that mean that you have no right to want someone arrested who goes 70mph in a school zone or cheats the government out of a billion dollars in taxes?

lazs

when did people get thrown in jail for 5 mph over? here in ga you have to be 10 over to get a ticket and 30 gets you reckless driving. As for taxes yeah you have no right to complain about a company doing the same thing as you. Its called being a HYPOCRITE.  But that being said there is a big difference between you complaining about it or wanting it, and the PRESIDENT doing it.  You have nothing you can really do about it but complain, the president and his congress do the money, make the laws so they are ultimately responsible for the "drug war". To me I find something seriously wrong with people who did something wanting to lock other people up for the same thing.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 12:54:49 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
"It's me versus the world." - GWB

?

:(

Yeah I saw that quote 88 and just thought his ego is getting out of control. He won a 2nd term by a huge majority but its all about BUSH. He likes his role in history, he likes fighting wars, and then he takes all the credit as if he is out there doing all the work. Hey Bush hows the ranch in texas? He doesnt even stay in D.C. because he is scared. One thing he lacks is humility, I have seen so many speeches where he is talking about something tragic, (soldiers deaths, civilian casulties, the world hating america) and he always grins like something is funny. I figured it was just because he remembered the prepared answer to the question and thats why he smiled but sometimes I wonder.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 03:53:20 PM »
Nothing shocking IMHO. It is nice to hear his rational for taking the stance that he took re. drug use questions. Seems reasonable to me.

Much ado about nothing aside from that.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »
It's interesting seeing him rationalise out and out lies.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 06:04:04 PM »
I don't care if he was a coke head in the past...the swift boat crew might care or think he was comitting treason by going against the war on drugs, but I don't care (hopefully his opiate receptors have recovered otherwise he would still be prone to wild mood swings).

Wow, a politician who is not upfront about his past or that different rules apply to him - knock me over with a feather.

Bush doesn't bother me, but those who think he's Jesus Christ do bother me - well scare me in a freaky sort of way.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 06:06:15 PM by TweetyBird »

storch

Bush Tapes
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 06:21:26 PM »
I know Doug Wead from his Amway days.  That he would tape stuff without W's knowledge doesn't surprise me one bit.  He is a shameless self promoter and only interested in advancing his latest agenda.  I'm surprised he didn't do it prior to the '04 election.

It is as Nuke stated, with Mr. Bush it is what you see is what you get.  Very refreshing for a 21st Century american politician.

Thanks for posting that piece.