Author Topic: Bush Tapes  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
raider... you seem to be saying that you think Bush is still doing coke but busting other casual users.   Is that correct?

Would it be wrong for a former burglar to vote to increase the penalties on burglary?

oh... and 35 is not youth?  The man is allmost 60 now ... that was more than two decades ago or.... about the same length of time that you have been on the earth if you don't count the crapping your diaper years.   Are you saying that none of your opinions have changed in your lifetime?

lazs

No not still doing it. I dont think burglary should be legal. But I think drugs should be. See you keep saying things like vote and complain. I am talking enforcement and funding. I am also talking strictly about drugs and shouldnt have gotten off track about it.

35 is not youth. 35 is old enough to have known better.

yeah my opinions still change, but from the time  I knew what drugs were I knew they were bad for you and it didnt take me till 35 to quit using them. Nor would I feel the need to keep it secret to "protect" the children. It seems better to me to explain you dabbled and it was wrong and you regret it than to hide the fact you did it.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2005, 05:36:05 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
Yeah with drugs that is what I am saying. Now, murder, burglary, and lots of other stuff that is not the case.

That's right.

I forgot you were the hypocrisy rule maker.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »
I don't care about drugs.  I think they should probly be legal.  I am a former drug addict.   I have seen a lot of people hurt by drugs.   legalizing em will probly hurt a lot more but I think people should decide.

I drove around loaded.   I would vote to make it illegal and very stiff penalties for driving loaded.

Does that make me a hypocrite or someone who has experiance on the subject?

Does that disallow me from voicing any negative comments or voting for restrictions on drugs?  

I think it makes me better qualified.

I think we  should end womens suffrage for the same reasons.

lazs

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2005, 02:19:44 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
That's right.

I forgot you were the hypocrisy rule maker.

now you know :)

The difference being martlet is drug use only affects the person (unless they go do something the wouldnt have ordinarily) but murder, burglary and other things of that type are crimes against people.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 02:25:29 PM by Raider179 »

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2005, 02:23:16 PM »
I don't care about drugs.  I think they should probly be legal.  I am a former drug addict.   I have seen a lot of people hurt by drugs.   legalizing em will probly hurt a lot more but I think people should decide.

I drove around loaded.   I would vote to make it illegal and very stiff penalties for driving loaded.

Does that make me a hypocrite or someone who has experiance on the subject?

Does that disallow me from voicing any negative comments or voting for restrictions on drugs?  

I think it makes me better qualified.

I think we  should end womens suffrage for the same reasons.

lazs

I do see your point lazs I just wish he would fess up. I don't like the president deciding what information about his life he is going to reveal and what he is gonna keep secret.

As for legalization its so easy to get anything now I dont see that it could do any harm. When I was young 16 or so it was always easier to get drugs than alcohol and beer. Drug dealers dont care how old you are. I think if anything legalization will get rid of the money supply that goes to gangs and thugs and we could tax the almighty hell out of it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2005, 02:40:11 PM »
well.... I would say that he is a lot more open about it that most politicians have been in the past...  "smoked it but didn't inhale"???? what the hell is that?

I disagree that legalizing it would not cause a lot more addicts.  There really are addicts out there that have never tried drugs simply because they are law abiding for one reason or another.  Fear or morality...

Take the stigma away from it and you would add another whole group of potential addicts.   Still... not really my call.   let grown men decide how they want to destroy their lives or not.    

freedom is never free.. sometimes it is cheap but not in the case of drugs I don't think.   booze is legal and it is probly one of the worst problems this country has to deal with.  

lazs

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Bush Tapes
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2005, 04:28:38 PM »
well.... I would say that he is a lot more open about it that most politicians have been in the past...  "smoked it but didn't inhale"???? what the hell is that?

I could never figure out what was so unbelievable about that.

Surely you've seen it yourself, lazs. I know I musta seen it a hundred times. College parties, the joint gets passed around, and it winds up in the hands of someone who has never smoked anything before, and is just not interested in drugs. He feebly tugs at the thing, holds the smoke in his mouth for a few seconds then *poof* blows it out before passing the joint on.

Clinton could easily have been one of those guys.

And those guys are a lot different breed than, say, a Bush Jr. type who has a coke and alcohol problem big enough to have to admit to.... right up until 35 years old.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2005, 05:48:14 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
I could never figure out what was so unbelievable about that.

Surely you've seen it yourself, lazs. I know I musta seen it a hundred times. College parties, the joint gets passed around, and it winds up in the hands of someone who has never smoked anything before, and is just not interested in drugs. He feebly tugs at the thing, holds the smoke in his mouth for a few seconds then *poof* blows it out before passing the joint on.

Clinton could easily have been one of those guys.

nope .. I can say I've never seen that type of fruit loop, just the opposite with my buds :)

If you believe slick willie on that one ... I guess you believe him when he said "I did not have sex with that women" then went on to define SEX for the rest of us ........... HAHHA HAHA HAHA !!! ROTFL !!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2005, 05:50:27 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
nope .. I can say I've never seen that type of fruit loop, just the opposite with my buds :)

If you believe slick willie on that one ... I guess you believe him when he said "I did not have sex with that women" then went on to define SEX for the rest of us ........... HAHHA HAHA HAHA !!! ROTFL !!

Did we ever really get to find out what "is" is?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2005, 05:50:38 PM »
.... I dont think burglary should be legal. But I think drugs should be.....  

Hi Raider....

Just a question....Not a flame or anything....

By this statment you make...could it be that this is an underlying reason for you havuing a problem with him funding the "War on Drugs"? It looks like IMHO mind you...that your having this deal because he did someting in his earlier years...saw the wrong in it...stopped doinig it....wants it stopped...and you have a problem with that.

:confused:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2005, 11:32:48 AM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Hi Raider....

Just a question....Not a flame or anything....

By this statment you make...could it be that this is an underlying reason for you havuing a problem with him funding the "War on Drugs"? It looks like IMHO mind you...that your having this deal because he did someting in his earlier years...saw the wrong in it...stopped doinig it....wants it stopped...and you have a problem with that.

:confused:

I want him to be honest about his past drug problem. I think it went way beyond the "smoke and didnt inhale" Clinton, and the admitted smoking Gore. Bush Not talking about it makes me think it must have been really bad. After all rich guys and coke....Seems to me he is teaching Kids its alright to lie/not tell the whole truth about things instead of taking responsibility for what you have  done. I would rather explain to kids why drugs are bad and what was bad about them, then to just try the "just say no" program again. That really worked well when Nancy Reagan tried it.

Your right Red I do have a problem with a past cokehead waging the war on drugs.

After all if bush was such a drug user and he wound up being president of the united states, why are we locking people up for using? Maybe they aren't worth locking people up over.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 11:34:39 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler

Actually if you check the facts Clinton said he misspoke and regrets the quote.

:D
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »

I disagree that legalizing it would not cause a lot more addicts.  There really are addicts out there that have never tried drugs simply because they are law abiding for one reason or another.  Fear or morality...

Take the stigma away from it and you would add another whole group of potential addicts.   Still... not really my call.   let grown men decide how they want to destroy their lives or not.    

freedom is never free.. sometimes it is cheap but not in the case of drugs I don't think.   booze is legal and it is probly one of the worst problems this country has to deal with.  

lazs

He is open about some things , not about others just like other politicians.

I agree it is doubtful clinton didnt inhale, he seems like a smoker to me.

I would think the number of people that dont use that would start is fairly small. I don't know anyone who would start using drugs that already doesnt just because it was legal. I think taking money from drug dealers would be a lot more beneficial than having to deal with some new users. Like I said we could tax it and use that money for rehabs, war on terror, homeland security, social security the list goes on and on. But instead we throw people in jail and let dealers become billionaires.

I also agree alchohol is worse than some drugs(weed) and better than others(heroin, pcp).

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2005, 12:08:37 PM »
After all if bush was such a drug user and he wound up being president of the united states, why are we locking people up for using? Maybe they aren't worth locking people up over.

Wow! What a statement! Simple, to the point, and couldn't be more true!  Cheers!

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2005, 01:24:22 PM »
Heh first time I agree with a leftie.