Author Topic: Bush Tapes  (Read 1444 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2005, 10:14:53 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
I want him to be honest about his past drug problem. I think it went way beyond the "smoke and didnt inhale" Clinton, and the admitted smoking Gore. Bush Not talking about it makes me think it must have been really bad. After all rich guys and coke....Seems to me he is teaching Kids its alright to lie/not tell the whole truth about things instead of taking responsibility for what you have  done. I would rather explain to kids why drugs are bad and what was bad about them, then to just try the "just say no" program again. That really worked well when Nancy Reagan tried it.

Your right Red I do have a problem with a past cokehead waging the war on drugs.

After all if bush was such a drug user and he wound up being president of the united states, why are we locking people up for using? Maybe they aren't worth locking people up over.

Ok...thanks for the reply.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2005, 11:14:46 PM »
well to me its because he along with congress fund  the "drug war". He got to make "mistakes" that other people get  to go to jail for.

Plus is some rehabed cokehead/pothead the best we can do for president? Apparently so.

But there was more to the article than that. I just thought those stuck out. Kinda gives an insider look into how he thinks.  I suggest reading it.

Take the following high school students and choose which one you would want to be the leader of your country.
Choice A: an opium addict
Choice B: an alchoholic barely getting by in school
Choice C: Good student. doesnt drink or do drugs

A = Winston Churchill
B = FDR
C = Adolph Hitler

People change...

(sorry if those facts arent EXACTLY right, going by memory of a random fact thing but the general facts are close to that)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2005, 11:20:28 PM »
well to me its because he along with congress fund  the "drug war". He got to make "mistakes" that other people get  to go to jail for.

Plus is some rehabed cokehead/pothead the best we can do for president? Apparently so.

But there was more to the article than that. I just thought those stuck out. Kinda gives an insider look into how he thinks.  I suggest reading it.

Clinton lied about just simply "toking a joint".  Ted Kenndy killed how many and got away with murder?

C'mon, this needs to be a Two-Way street.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2005, 11:27:08 PM »
Heh heh!  OLE SLICK!  He's still got a lot of people snookered!  A slicked up Hooey Long, he is!!

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2005, 12:30:44 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
Take the following high school students and choose which one you would want to be the leader of your country.
Choice A: an opium addict
Choice B: an alchoholic barely getting by in school
Choice C: Good student. doesnt drink or do drugs

A = Winston Churchill
B = FDR
C = Adolph Hitler

People change...

(sorry if those facts arent EXACTLY right, going by memory of a random fact thing but the general facts are close to that)

Better fact check you churchill stuff.

Memory or this website, or one of the others like it.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/beethovenabort.htm

FYI I couldnt find any info that said churchill did opium just these websites that happened to be the same question you asked. He did like some alcohol but that is the extent of it as far as I have seen. If I am wrong please link to it.

You forgot George Washington grew Hemp.

Like I said earlier I think Bush should admit to what he did in his past. He wont talk about what he did before 35. 35 is not a kid, its not youth, that is a serious addiction and we as the people have a right to know if he has serious flaws like that.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2005, 12:32:50 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Clinton lied about just simply "toking a joint".  Ted Kenndy killed how many and got away with murder?

C'mon, this needs to be a Two-Way street.

Karaya

Are you seriously saying Bush should get a free pass on his past because of what someone else did? I don't like that clinton lied and I don't like Ted Kennedy so I am not sure what you saying.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2005, 12:34:56 AM »
You children should read a teen's book called: "That was then, this is now".

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Bush Tapes
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2005, 04:36:45 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Like there's a huge difference between Atlanta and Tampa.

haha!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Bush Tapes
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2005, 04:42:32 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well.... I would say that he is a lot more open about it that most politicians have been in the past...  "smoked it but didn't inhale"???? what the hell is that?

Saw a SNL skit where Dole(I think it was Dole) goes back in time to dig stuff up on Clinton. He ends up in the room where the joint is being passed around. It gets to Clinton(he's kind of a dork) and he doesn't inhale it, and is kinda laughed at. Dole: "Damnit, he really didn't inhale!" Well, it was funny at the time
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2005, 05:02:02 AM »
...I would rather explain to kids why drugs are bad and what was bad about them,...

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2005, 08:18:58 AM »
nash... ok... you are saying that you have seen wussy dishonest and gutless students take a joint and pretend to inhale?   Well... maybe... klinton did strike me as all those things but...  If you didn't inhale then you didn't smoke pot... why not just say  "no, I didn't smoke pot"?    He certainly didn't have any trouble saying "I did not have sex with that woman" by rationalizing that getting a hummer is out of the sexual realm.

He certainly had very little qualms about lieing.

I think the hypocracy rests on those who claim that... once you participate in something you can then never condem it for others.   Make great parents you would.

lazs

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Bush Tapes
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2005, 08:26:43 AM »
Well... I don't know the circumstances. The little scenario I made up could be completely wrong.

Actually, someone here alluded to Clinton later clarifying what he did/said. I think I remember hearing the same, but I forget what that was.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2005, 08:31:30 AM »
no matter how you look at it... it was wussy and dishonest.

lazs

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Bush Tapes
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2005, 08:37:26 AM »
Not sure how you can say that when you and I don't know what happened.

But maybe I'm missing the point? Are you saying that in comparison, Bush was manly and honest?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush Tapes
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2005, 08:52:45 AM »
well... if you pretend to do soimething so that your friends will think you are cool... or... if you really do something that is illegal and then latter weazel your way out with some lame lie... then yes..

doing the thing and then admitting it later is far more honest and manly.

lazs