Author Topic: Tired of it  (Read 2834 times)

Offline java45

• Zinc Member
Tired of it
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2005, 11:15:06 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e

Does this game/gameplay have anything to do with WW2 any more?

Better question would be .... Did it ever?

Offline java45

• Zinc Member
Tired of it
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2005, 11:16:36 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Those who can't.....whine.

I flew an La7 the other night and had fun.I lived and I died in it but I had alot of fun. And....contrary to those who "can't", I fought in it. No running.

I flew a pony last night and turn fought everything I ran into. No running. Is there a difference? Like I said, "those who can't....whine". Did I live and die in it? Sure, but I had alot of fun.

Learn to fight La7's. You already "learned" how to whine about them and you have no compunction about sharing your whine with us.  Now show us that you can learn to fight them. Show everyone you can have fun too!

Ren

HEAR, HEAR, HEAR !!!!!! YES Ren ....

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e

Does this game/gameplay have anything to do with WW2 any more?

What's WW2?  Is Stone Cold Austin gonna wrestle the Rock in it?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2005, 02:02:22 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Ohhhhhhhh, another 'perk the ###' thread!!!

Just fly Hurricane for a tour. Youll stop relying on speed to get kills. And you learn not to start a futile chase. Hell, even bombers can run from a Hurri. That doesnt mean you cant get and land kills in it - turning *and* BnZ.

Eventually, they turn around. If they dont, just look for something else to kill.

Hmm....

You can get a lala that shoots and scoots...or Hurricane that "HO"S...all the same to me. I'm amazed folks whine about the lala...its a very beatable plane. I have no problem with them in a ki-61,-1 hog or P47-25...now sometimes I've got issues with the guy flying em:)...but thats another story. The biggest problem with the lala isnt him...its the 4 other guys he makes you fight once he's run you down and blown on by:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2005, 02:13:52 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Those who can't.....whine.

I flew an La7 the other night and had fun.I lived and I died in it but I had alot of fun. And....contrary to those who "can't", I fought in it. No running.

I flew a pony last night and turn fought everything I ran into. No running. Is there a difference? Like I said, "those who can't....whine". Did I live and die in it? Sure, but I had alot of fun.

Learn to fight La7's. You already "learned" how to whine about them and you have no compunction about sharing your whine with us.  Now show us that you can learn to fight them. Show everyone you can have fun too!

Ren

Thank you, Ren

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Tired of it
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2005, 05:40:23 PM »
La 7 is a fun ride.........as is the La5FN.

You just die more in the La5FN.

In my time zone the cautious (does that mean timid?) pilots are (generalising) FW pilots who stay fast and (generally) high. It seems to the ac of choice for an ultra high speed vulch of a runway (presumably the Dora....flown in this style the "borer") and "extending" back up to 15K before repeating.

The La7 is perfect for despatching these guys mid zoom.....

La7 v La7 (or any Lavochkin v any Lavochkin ) is a good fight bringing into play all elements of acm.

It runs well away too..........

But if you out manouvre some guy to the point he has to run away then you have won.........

If he comes back you can win again........... or at least enjoy trying.

It seems that the La7's ability to shake its tail annoys some folk who seem to assume therefore that every (and therefore only) La7 pilots run.

I note however that many also complaign that la7's "chase them down" to let other ac finish the job. Clearly those ac chased down by la7's were also "running"...........or have we ventured into some sophisticated definition of the term that is only applied to certain ac?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 05:49:22 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere