Author Topic: Tired of it  (Read 2844 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »

Does this game/gameplay have anything to do with WW2 any more?

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2005, 04:10:04 PM »
I dont understand why all of you are even talking about this one anymore.

Wouldnt doing a search on this exact topic be alot easier?

Or you just like typing novles that have already been written 100 times over?

Do the words... Dead and Horse... Mean anything to any of you?

GIVE

IT

UP
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2005, 04:12:26 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
I imagine it would be a totally different experience.  As I would die a lot quicker in a Spittie-LA7 dogpile.  Spitties love to follow LA7's, free lunch :)

I try to run as you call it. I believe that fighter pilots call it "egress",  I usually try to egress, er run, to the nearest pile of friendlies.  The best way to get a bogey off you six is not to let him get there in the first place, the second best is to have a teammate blow him to pieces.

I am sure the Flying Tigers would roar with laughter if accused of "running".  Because that is exactly what their tactic was.  Dive down, make one pass, and run for base.  One old Tiger said recently said something like "Hell, we INVENTED the drive by shooting."   I think the Tigers war record is still the stuff of legends.

No, the guy in the LA7 thinks you are running, not me.  In real life, I would be the first to dive and run home.  However, this is a game.  
What I was trying to say was that the lala will run you down.  You know what the outcome of egressing from a lala is going to be, so why not turn earlyer when you still have more options.

Bytheway, running from multiple cons just so you can regain some advantage and have a fair fight is perfectly fine by me.  I don;t consider that running.  Spit on your 6 d600 and you are not in a spit, extend.  Turning would be, err, not smart.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2005, 04:22:45 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
probably... the one in the MA?  will have to look for it  if you can recall an approximate date, it'd be helpful.

i also did delete allllllll my films the other day (about 15 folders @80-100 each)  but kept films from about a week ago and onwards.

Bah, nevermind.  Would've been about a month ago.  Haven't flown much as of late due to relocation and new job.

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2005, 04:42:21 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
I dont understand why all of you are even talking about this one anymore.

Wouldnt doing a search on this exact topic be alot easier?

Or you just like typing novles that have already been written 100 times over?

Do the words... Dead and Horse... Mean anything to any of you?

GIVE

IT

UP

OMFG!!1111!!!!!11111 SO Tru3!!!!1111!

I'm with Morph on this one.  This thread is a carbon copy of all the rest.  Just a bunch of weak ralley call to P3rK TeH Ub3r Lghey!!!!111!!lol!!!111rawr!!!11  

All it amounts to is the same boring chant and a bunch of sob stories about how CPID: X was pwn3d by an LA7 on date X.  

Give it up allready.  I like LAs being plentiful in the MA.  It gives me a chance to improve my skills in lesser aircraft and feel GREAT about getting a kill.  I even get to tangle with VERY able pile-its like shane every once in a while, and THAT my friends IS "THE ULTIMATE RUSH" IN AH2.  So I leave this thread on one note:

PERK THE "PERK TEH LA7 THREADS"!!!!!11111111

You've all had enough of this gluttonous, sour-tasting, hapless, broken-hearted cry fest.

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
Tired of it
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2005, 05:27:08 PM »
HOSTAGE!

p-51s, 109g10, yakU, 190d, f4Uds, p-47-40, ect ect will not be freed unless you...

LET GO LA-7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2005, 05:29:38 PM »
Cant see the comparison between Lgay and D9: D9 almost as fast, and rolls REAL well, but cant turn for chit,lest it fall outta the sky,  guns USELESS outside 400, as are all LW rides. (well, 30mm has better trajectory) LA7 guns kill at 800. Most of all, ANY ping on D9 hits radiator--which means your trip ends in about 90 seconds--Lgay HAS no radiator.--Also, flaps in LW rides just wont extend unless ya like 150 mph.

D9 HAS some trade-offs, LA7 has none of these. ..(I fly a8 now, screw em if they catch me, thats what fighting's for)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »
In most cases, La7 will catch with you in seconds and will run away from you in seconds because its acceleration, not because its top speed. While your plane is still accelerating to 250 mph, the La is already doing 300, well below its and yours top speeds but running away from you or aproaching to you like a rocket.

Even the G10 is well below La7 in acceleration at low alts and If the fight starts hi (where the La is better than average but not uber), the La will simply try to attract you lower and lower (diving is cheap) and suddenly you will find yourself outaccelerated, outclimbed, outturned and outgunned.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2005, 09:17:58 PM »
but with your mad skillz you should be able to *outfly* the la7's pilot...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2005, 09:26:06 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+

I am sure the Flying Tigers would roar with laughter if accused of "running".  Because that is exactly what their tactic was.  Dive down, make one pass, and run for base.  One old Tiger said recently said something like "Hell, we INVENTED the drive by shooting."   I think the Tigers war record is still the stuff of legends.

Ah, they didn't run for their base. They extended, climbed and returned. P-40s can't dogfight with Ki-27s or Ki-43s. So they used their superior speed. But they didn't run, they stayed in the fight until the guns were empty or the Japanese retired. I count several of the AVG as personal friends. See my website for details.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2005, 09:36:58 PM »
For LaLa Infection, take two aspirin ... aurally.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:38:59 PM by Halo »
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »
Amen to both culero and morpheous.

Animl

Originally posted by culero
I'm tired of the whining about it. Sheesh.

Cut the LGays back and the next fastest ride becomes the one to whine about.

Learn to deal with it. You know you can't catch 'em, so DON'T for Cod's sake :)

culero (its like watching dogs chase cars while barking like mad)

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
Re: Tired of it
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2005, 10:54:27 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies. I literally spent all night chasing Lamer7 piluts.  

Well,don't.Unless somebody's gotta gun to your head

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2005, 01:43:30 AM »
Originally posted by MANDO
In most cases, La7 will catch with you in seconds and will run away from you in seconds because its acceleration, not because its top speed. While your plane is still accelerating to 250 mph, the La is already doing 300, well below its and yours top speeds but running away from you or aproaching to you like a rocket.

Even the G10 is well below La7 in acceleration at low alts and If the fight starts hi (where the La is better than average but not uber), the La will simply try to attract you lower and lower (diving is cheap) and suddenly you will find yourself outaccelerated, outclimbed, outturned and outgunned.

I hate to ruin a good rant, but much of what you said is no longer the case.

I have tested these aircraft at sea level for acceleration and climb. With the current AH2 flight model, the La-7 does not accelerate faster than the G-10. In fact, the G-10 goes from 200 mph to 300 mph a full second faster than the La-7. Moreover, it's no contest in a climb, the G-10 wins easily. If the Lavochkin has more speed at the outset, that's a different issue. Hell, the G-2 climbs as well as the La-7, and it can certainly dogfight it successfully.

In pure acceleraton, the Tempest is fastest on the deck, with the G-10 and F4U-4 dead even. Then comes the La-7, with the Spit14 right on its heels, followed by the Dora. If you start at 150 mph, going to 250, the Ki-84 is right there with the G-10 and F4U-4, but it lags behind going to 300 mph as it is substantially slower than the rest on the deck. As to the 190D, the La-7 beats it to 300 mph by 0.5 seconds. This isn't enough to get out of gun range. That translates to about a 1 mph advantage to the La-7 when it reaches 300 mph. If you are 3k ahead, it's going to take the La-7 quite a while to catch up.

In climb to 10k, starting at 300 mph @ 25 feet, the results are predictable. G-10 is first, but the Spit14 is very close. Then you have the F4U-4, with the Ki-84 next. Behind those come the Tempest, then the P-38J/L, with the Dora close to them. Finally we get to the La-7, trailing the Dora by 3 seconds. I haven't tested the G-2, but it should be close to the Dora, if not a bit better.

Grab a stopwatch and try it yourself, just be sure to use E6B for accurate speed measurements.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2005, 01:46:56 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Cant see the comparison between Lgay and D9: D9 almost as fast, and rolls REAL well, but cant turn for chit,lest it fall outta the sky,  guns USELESS outside 400, as are all LW rides. (well, 30mm has better trajectory) LA7 guns kill at 800. Most of all, ANY ping on D9 hits radiator--which means your trip ends in about 90 seconds--Lgay HAS no radiator.--Also, flaps in LW rides just wont extend unless ya like 150 mph.

D9 HAS some trade-offs, LA7 has none of these. ..(I fly a8 now, screw em if they catch me, thats what fighting's for)

check your facts.