Author Topic: Tired of it  (Read 2855 times)

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2005, 07:40:20 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Maybe if you let people up you will have more 1 on 1 fights.  LMAO, he is talking about vulching while crying about the lala.  As I have always said.  The lala took off and killed the vulcher.  A 190 or 51 would not have been able to do that and therefore, we cry about the lalas :lol.

Check a couple of posts up, and you will see that I claimed to be;
Like I said, I am an alt monkey, cherry picking, vulching, gang banging, score potato.

And where have I cryed about the La7?  I think if you look up a few posts I suggested that we leave them unperked.  Get your facts straight. :rolleyes:

We were in the process of capping a field for capture.  The LA7 took off, he was wheels up and turning when I missed the first past.  It still would have been a vulch in my books.  The other planes didn't bother with him, they were waiting to kill the next guy trying to up.  I thought, what the hell, I'm gonna dog fight this dude.  We ended the fight quite a ways from the base.  I actually stayed above him 1 on 1. Then another plane dove in.  Then the dude gets the LA on his six and extends.  I have to blow my alt advantage to clear him.  In thanks he boogies off and leaves me again in a 1 on 1, co-alt turnfight with the LA7.  Let see, I'm in a D hog in a low turn fight with an la7.  Hell, I'm not that good, still, I lasted a couple of minutes more.  I had to bleed more speed forcing over shoots on the deck.  The Hog accelerates like a turtle, and climbs like a sack of rocks. He then made short work of me with those passes, making me bleed speed, he would then loop over on my high 12 and dive down on me with firing passed Eventually he shot me up, andthen I was down. It took him I think 3 of those passes.  Still a fun fight.

The guy I tried to vulch kills me, nothing wrong with that, you have to admire him, at least I do.  He was quite slippery :)

I DO vulch, get it???  But I am not whining about getting killed by an LA7.  It happens  :)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2005, 09:00:30 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
You aint helping it either Jeffa hehe

Pot kettle black
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2005, 09:01:07 PM »
Goth,
  I couldn't agree more with you, man. Those things are ruining the game for most folks. I don't see HTC perking 'em however. What I think the situation is that they are fearful of doing so due to losing a percentage of their customer base. ie: financial contributors. I can't think of any other reason they're not perked; if even for 3-5 points or so.
  Some guys have stated they're easy as hell to kill. Funny, but when I look up stats for a lot of those guys, the numbers don't reflect that. Of course, it looks "manly" up on the text buffer to say so.
  When you do get one in a compromising position by outflying him, he just extends and runs his tail off. They say the Dora is faster, and that's true. But, to get a 4K extension on a Lala when both are Co-E takes about three full sectors. :lol
  Regards, Odd

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2005, 09:20:13 PM »
Why not perk airfields? Only certain planes are available at certain airfields. If you don't have the perks for those fields you cant fly any planes from there. The lets take the short range planes and make sure their perked fields are at least two sectors from any enemy field. Those perked fields will require less perk points to fly from. Again,
only certain planes can be flown out of those fields.

So the perked fields would be bombers closest to the enemy fields. Short range planes would be hangered 2-3 sectors minimum from enemy fields. And long range planes would be hangered a mminimum of 4-5 sectors from the nearest enemy fields. The me163 can ony fly from a perked field that is 6 sectors from the nearests enemy field or their own HQ.

Take away all perks from vehicles including tigers but those vehicle fields can only spawn near an enemy field but not to defend their own.

There's more ideas onthe subject but I suppose all of this would make about as much sense as perking an LA7 cause you don't know how to deal with one.

Ya gotta admit this ha been a fun thread!!! Do you guys fly too?:)

Ren

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »
All anyone is saying is that La7 is an UNrealistically hot plane--it takes Barney Fife and turns him into fediddlein John Wayne. It's ammo package and flight characteristics make it near in performance to planes that are HIGHly perked
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Tired of it
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2005, 10:28:40 PM »
perk every plane except the c47, that will take care of 92.9% of the whinning about runners, kamakazis ect...lol

Offline WMsharp

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.airbahamas.net/wm/widow-makers.htm
Perk This !
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2005, 01:08:54 PM »
Perk the man on the chute who gave me a p/w.

He has no business up there!

Sharp

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2005, 03:50:44 PM »
Originally posted by SunKing
It'll never get perked. 2/3 their profit come from La7 pilots I bet.

Truer words were never spoken.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2005, 03:53:42 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I am frustrated...it's not one isolated incident, but the compounding factors of many. If you read my initial post you will see that I just want them to fight instead of running...constantly running.....running running running......it's all I see them do.

LOL ... then ya better add the run-90, the run-O-9, and the runstang to the list too.

Especially the German iron. The slightest hint of reversal or loss of advantage and they are outta here quicker than the La-7 ... stick-stirrin' all the way.

Ya, I've been pretty dissapointed with the quality of the LW pilots that I've run into lately.  I think most of the folks that actually knew how to fly em (Hblair and his, me & old JG2, Nath) have all stopped playing.. leaving new 'Wobbles to find their inspiration from people like the JaBores.

I know for me, I used to enjoy the hell out of grabbing an A5 and surprising people, especially Spits.  Come into the merge hard, take your shot...  "fighting" doesn't have to be long and drawn out, you go around 1-2 turns and book it if it isn't working out.  But that was the MA of long ago, not today's.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2005, 05:42:19 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Ya, I've been pretty dissapointed with the quality of the LW pilots that I've run into lately.  I think most of the folks that actually knew how to fly em (Hblair and his, me & old JG2, Nath) have all stopped playing.. leaving new 'Wobbles to find their inspiration from people like the JaBores.

I know for me, I used to enjoy the hell out of grabbing an A5 and surprising people, especially Spits.  Come into the merge hard, take your shot...  "fighting" doesn't have to be long and drawn out, you go around 1-2 turns and book it if it isn't working out.  But that was the MA of long ago, not today's.

I was going to, but I can't, I'm laughing to hard. ;-)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2005, 05:58:42 PM »
I'm sorry.... you are who?

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2005, 06:55:39 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
I think most of the folks that actually knew how to fly em (Hblair and his, me & old JG2, Nath) have all stopped playing..

Bah, just fly around 3am some odd day, you can still find Moot tearing it up in his D9.

Also - I ran into Doom the other day (granted, I was in a FW as well) but we had a fun fight.

There are some  FW/109 pilots who try to kill you, but I'll agree, they're few and far between.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2005, 10:31:51 AM »
I agree..everything should cost you something, except the lowliest of rides. I

m not sure how the current point system works right now, but if you killed a 109G in a 1o9G, you should get the point value of a 109G when you rtb. If you killed a Spit14 while in a 109e, you shoul get 3 times the worth of the 109e in points. Not exactly..but along those lines if you know what I mean.

~AoM~

Offline java45

• Zinc Member
Re: Tired of it
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2005, 10:56:14 AM »
Originally posted by Goth
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies. I literally spent all night chasing Lamer7 piluts. Even a 3 pt perk would make some of these timid boys not fly it and leave it to the fighting pilots who do.

Hmmmmm,well I can't help but add a comment to this one:eek:

"leave it to the fighting pilots who do" ?????  "perk the LA7"????

ahhh yes add yet another perk plane to the list of those already in that category, that's the solution to all problems...just perk all good planes so new members cant fly em. that guarantes the continued superiority of the so - called fighting pilots,and since that seems ( atfirst glance ) to be the reason for perked planes etc to begin with lets just let the new guys ( the non-fighting pilots) have this one OK.

java45

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2005, 11:06:35 AM »
Those who can't.....whine.

I flew an La7 the other night and had fun.I lived and I died in it but I had alot of fun. And....contrary to those who "can't", I fought in it. No running.

I flew a pony last night and turn fought everything I ran into. No running. Is there a difference? Like I said, "those who can't....whine". Did I live and die in it? Sure, but I had alot of fun.

Learn to fight La7's. You already "learned" how to whine about them and you have no compunction about sharing your whine with us.  Now show us that you can learn to fight them. Show everyone you can have fun too!

Ren