Author Topic: Yet another reason why people disgust me.  (Read 3534 times)

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Yet another reason why people disgust me.
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2005, 12:09:38 PM »
why did abel have to spend any time in jail at all?
If I had a gun and somebody attacked somenody I cared about, I would aim to kill.
Would that put me in jail?

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2005, 12:14:24 PM »
"He had no justification for shooting and killing Jimmy Earley," Assistant District Attorney Kelly Ludy said during closing arguments Tuesday.

So the D.A. says it was an unjustified shooting the jury said it wasnt. Guess this is an issue that gets decided case by case.

Again this guy warned the guy to not approach he didnt just shoot him, which is what some of people in this thread claim should have been done.

But I do see that you can shoot an unarmed man if your in danger, you just better get a good lawyer.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2005, 12:17:32 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Here's another.

In fact, that web page has plenty of instances where a third party killed someone committing an unarmed assault.  And those are just the ones that resulted in death.  I didn't look for one that ended with a gun just being drawn or with someone wounded.

Facts are facts.

Felony assault.
Beating AFTER unconcious.
Severe injuries.

Martlett it still doesnt say anywhere that he was being beaten after he went out. Everything i have seen says the guy went after his cell phone after he knocked him out...

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179

But I do see that you can shoot an unarmed man if your in danger, you just better get a good lawyer.

or have perfected a good method for getting rid of the body :)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2005, 12:38:31 PM »
"He had no justification for shooting and killing Jimmy Earley," Assistant District Attorney Kelly Ludy said during closing arguments Tuesday.

So the D.A. says it was an unjustified shooting the jury said it wasnt. Guess this is an issue that gets decided case by case.

Again this guy warned the guy to not approach he didnt just shoot him, which is what some of people in this thread claim should have been done.

It's funny sitting here watching you dance in defense of this criminal.

I've given several examples to support my claim that it would have been a justifiable shooting.

Facts are facts.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »
It's funny sitting here watching you dance in defense of this criminal.

I've given several examples to support my claim that it would have been a justifiable shooting.

Facts are facts.

I am not defending him. I am saying shooting him would have been extreme. The facts you say are incorrect.

Jones then cold-cocked Scarpino repeatedly, landing at least seven uninterrupted blows. Scarpino went down, but the fight wasn't over. Jones lifted and dragged his body, searching for a cell phone he dropped.

lifted and dragged not hit more

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2005, 01:17:18 PM »
I am not defending him. I am saying shooting him would have been extreme. The facts you say are incorrect.

Jones then cold-cocked Scarpino repeatedly, landing at least seven uninterrupted blows. Scarpino went down, but the fight wasn't over. Jones lifted and dragged his body, searching for a cell phone he dropped.

lifted and dragged not hit more

Anything after the first punch was extreme.  I saw the video, too.  

I'd have shot him, then sent his girlfriend a bill for the bullet.

I'd have done the world a favor, legally.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2005, 01:19:52 PM »
well let me ask you this...Would you told him to stop or just shot him?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2005, 01:20:53 PM »
well let me ask you this...Would you told him to stop or just shot him?

I would have told him to stop, of course.  I wouldn't have given him a lot of time to think about it, though.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2005, 01:22:36 PM »
Ok then if he came at you or didn't cease the beating you might have it justified, but just pulling it out and blasting the guy is not.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2005, 01:29:31 PM »
Ok then if he came at you or didn't cease the beating you might have it justified, but just pulling it out and blasting the guy is not.

No kidding.  Did anyone suggest otherwise?

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2005, 01:39:12 PM »
No kidding.  Did anyone suggest otherwise?

I think the reason  I thought that is no one suggested they would tell him to stop. The impression  I got was that everyone is justified to just cap this guy. I never saw it mentioned " I Would pull my gun and tell him to stop, then if not I can shoot him"  If thats what the pro-shooting guys would have done then ok.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »
I think the reason  I thought that is no one suggested they would tell him to stop. The impression  I got was that everyone is justified to just cap this guy. I never saw it mentioned " I Would pull my gun and tell him to stop, then if not I can shoot him"  If thats what the pro-shooting guys would have done then ok.

Maybe it's because I carry, but for me that's a given.  

Just like when I say I drove to the store, I don't say "I put on my boots, walked 47 steps to the car, put my hand on the handle, opened the door......etc etc."

I would assume most of the other here feel the same way.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
Please dont compare going to the store with shooting an attacker. It just is not the same. Your tone in the thread certainly didnt seem to be a "stop or I will shoot:" it was more

"I'd have shot him, then sent his girlfriend a bill for the bullet.

I'd have done the world a favor, legally."

Pretty big differnce from  I would have told him to get off the guy first.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2005, 02:02:35 PM »
Please dont compare going to the store with shooting an attacker. It just is not the same. Your tone in the thread certainly didnt seem to be a "stop or I will shoot:" it was more

"I'd have shot him, then sent his girlfriend a bill for the bullet.

I'd have done the world a favor, legally."

Pretty big differnce from  I would have told him to get off the guy first.

Is English your first language?  I'm not comparing the two events.  I'm comparing the descriptive aspects of them.

ie:  People don't always describe every movement leading up to an event when they believe it's taken for granted.  I could have used any other example.

I could have compared it to eating an orange.  When I say, "I ate an orange", do you assume I ate it peel and all?  Most people assume you peeled it first, and it doesn't need to be detailed.

Those of us who use guns regularly understand a warning is given in certain circumstances before you give a perp lead poisoning.