Author Topic: Yet another reason why people disgust me.  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Yet another reason why people disgust me.
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2005, 07:31:06 AM »

"Watch out, I practice karate, these hands are lethal weapons!"
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

storch

« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2005, 07:59:38 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

"Watch out, I practice karate, these hands are lethal weapons!"

My hero!!!!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2005, 09:59:06 AM »
again... how many of you have been in situations like this?  You see/hear cursing... a fast blow and a lurry of motion.   Yelling and screaming and it all happens in about 5 seconds... How long does it take you to figure out what is even going on?

I boxed sportsman and am fairly big.. I was a biker when it was a violent lifestyle... I seen dozens of similar situations and half or more of the time I didn't really know what had took place till after it was over... I never was fast enough or had the will to stop one before someone got seriously hurt unless it was a couple of slow clumsy drunks.

My take is that no one here would have interfered in time to have made much difference.

I have seen guys who were martial arts trained in brawls.... I was trained in boxing myself... very little proffesional fighting takes place in these situations... the pros simply brawl and wrestle around too when caught off guard... the boxers may have a slight edge tho since they at least know what it is really like to take a real blow or deal one out and are trained and practice with real full force blows.

just my take on things from a few decades of observing similar situations.

Also... like it or not... there is a racial element.  many whites are afraid to be on the wrong end of a lawsuit with a black.

lazs

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2005, 10:03:15 AM »
Lazs we agree though even if too late better to try and do something than stand there?

I did it when it happened to me. It was painfull but stopped the bloke being hospitalised and bought the Cops some time to arrive.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2005, 10:08:47 AM »
well... I agree... it is probly within the realm to stop stop the guy before he beats someone to death... it is in a reasonable time frame for experianced (people experianced in violence) or even normal people to react and help but...

In this particular case... and in most cases.. the real damage is done before the person attacked is even down.  People tend to tuck in and ward off blows when down unless they are unconcious.   My guess is that the situation would have only been made worse by the people in that room trying to help

Maybe sanctions would have worked?  war is never the answer didn't you say?  To me, a war is anything over one person involved in violence.

lazs

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2005, 10:16:44 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
Don't feed the troll.

yeah right buddy. I guess some people feel they can only defend themselves with a gun, I guess one of them is you.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2005, 10:23:38 AM »
LMAO. Airhead is that you?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2005, 10:23:51 AM »
raider... in some cases and in most cases for SOME people... a gun is just about the only option for a good defense... cripples, aged and women for instance... other situations where able bodied and computer trained martial artists may need a gun are in cases of multiple attackers who don't act like Ai.

A gun is the best tool for a limited number of situations.

In the situation in question I would say no.  

lazs

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2005, 10:25:57 AM »
Lazs this is gettindg worrying. We are starting to agree!

;)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »
yep... if you live long enough you will find that we agree on more and more things.

lazs

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2005, 10:32:28 AM »
That was my point laz. That shooting this attacker would not have been justified. That was a pure comeback to suave whom still has not been able to answer up for his idea that you can just shoot a robber either. Gotta tell ya Suave, people who can only argue by calling someone a troll have no argument but continue if it makes you feel like a big man. How's that porsche working out for ya?

Where you would have shot this guy Suave I would have stepped in and tried to help with my fists, feet, knees, and elbows. Now suppose a stranger goes walking by outside and sees me nail this guy from behind. According to you he should shoot me. You cannot shoot unarmed people for fighting. From what I saw he got his bellybutton kicked but his life was not in danger.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2005, 10:36:52 AM »
Originally posted by Raider179
From what I saw he got his bellybutton kicked but his life was not in danger.

Felony assault, concussion, beaten unconcious.

Sorry, I disagree.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2005, 10:37:39 AM »
I said that there was no reason for gunplay in this particular situation..... the way it played out.   I could just as well have used "knees fists" etc tho and still have  a 340 PD (12 oz Smith and Wesson J frame in .367 mag) in my front pocket.

every situation is different..  hence the expression... better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it.

lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2005, 10:39:11 AM »
I watched it, and after punch one, granted, me, you, a bunch of bikers well versed in fighting and selling crank with illegal guns, and even your personal Kung fu instructor would stand there like a shocked normal person. Same with punch number 2 as it happened so quick.

But by punch three, anyone of my friends, EVERY one I can think of, would have piled on that large bloated fat black POS and smothered him. And like most bar fights, they wouldn’t kick the **** out of him, just hold him down till the situation was resolved. THAT’s why it is so disturbing. Anyone I ever have known would have stopped it with no secret kung fu ****. Just would have tackled the huge terd and might have saved the guy that was being attacked the damage the extra 4 punches while he was helpless.

I am torn right now wanting to tell stories about my best friends in Wisconsin being Black Belts in a Filipino Martial Art and why it WOULD make a diffrence in bar fights, or felony beating like this, but it will distract from the video and setup an argument with Lazs.

Bottom line is, the guy in the red shirt in the vid  looked pretty scrappy to me, but he stood by like a avacado. He should be charged as well.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2005, 10:41:52 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
That's what a beyatch would say.

That's what a POS radish would say.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC