Author Topic: U.N. troops 'die in Congo ambush'  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
U.N. troops 'die in Congo ambush'
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2005, 09:23:08 AM »
Originally posted by Zulu7
Martlet you are mistaken
 I argued no such thing. Go back and read that thread. You might notice that I disagreed with Greentail, who I believe started that one. I believe what you are saying has absolutely no relevance. Go do your homework old chap you are putting words into my mouth that I did not say! I do not give a damn whether your Beloved bush served or not.

You certainly cared when you were arguing about it.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2005, 09:26:17 AM »
You didn't read my posts did you?

Don't comment on my opinion if you haven't read any of it go back to that thread and quote me properly if you must.

I think my tounge in cheek remark to Siaf is being proven sadly correct!

:rolleyes:

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2005, 09:32:54 AM »
You didn't read my posts did you?

Don't comment on my opinion if you haven't read any of it go back to that thread and quote me properly if you must.

I think my tounge in cheek remark to Siaf is being proven sadly correct!

:rolleyes:

I can't.  It's been deleted.  However, in typical zulu fashion you change history to suit your present argument.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2005, 09:34:25 AM »
UN is a joke and a corrupt criminal one at that.  I have no idea what their use is but it can't be much.

I want the U.S. to stop wasting money and time with them.

Let em move to some country more fitting to their importance in the world like ... norway or someplace.. Let norway put up with their criminal behavior and immunity and tantrums.

lazs

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2005, 09:36:03 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
UN is a joke and a corrupt criminal one at that.  I have no idea what their use is but it can't be much.

I want the U.S. to stop wasting money and time with them.

Let em move to some country more fitting to their importance in the world like ... norway or someplace.. Let norway put up with their criminal behavior and immunity and tantrums.

lazs

Bingo.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2005, 09:58:57 AM »
"I can't. It's been deleted. However, in typical zulu fashion you change history to suit your present argument"

Then if you can't read it properly don't put words in my mouth mate.

Kind of ironic that its been deleted though.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2005, 10:04:56 AM »
"I can't. It's been deleted. However, in typical zulu fashion you change history to suit your present argument"

Then if you can't read it properly don't put words in my mouth mate.

Kind of ironic that its been deleted though.

I'm not putting words in your mouth.  I'm repeating your words.  If you want to change them now, you may.  After all, they're your words.

Originally posted by GScholz
What you seem to not understand is that there has to be peace (in the form of a peace treaty or ceasefire) for the UN to send peacekeepers. Their mission is to keep the parties "honest" by reporting what they observe to both sides.

So, in between raping and pillaging, they police "honesty"?

Obviously, not everyone wants to be policed.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2005, 10:29:34 AM »
Nope Martlet you are completely misquoting me. You suggest I was arguing that that Democrats had a better military record or something like that.

Look me up here>

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/defaultframe.html

You were just discussuing things with me in here a min a ago!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2005, 10:32:58 AM »
Nope Martlet you are completely misquoting me. You suggest I was arguing that that Democrats had a better military record or something like that.

Look me up here>

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/defaultframe.html

You were just discussuing things with me in here a min a ago!

First you bolster your facts with inaccurate claims, now you use dead links.

Did you go to the Moveon school of propaganda?

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2005, 10:49:14 AM »
Martlett go  read the "who served" thread again pay particular attention to my comments in there, then tell me I'm "the guy that argued vehemently that there are more democrat veterans than republican in congress, even after proven wrong."

see I don't give a damn about that, so can we concentrate on what I do give a damn about now?

Ok Now?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2005, 10:51:55 AM »
Martlett go  read the "who served" thread again pay particular attention to my comments in there, then tell me I'm "the guy that argued vehemently that there are more democrat veterans than republican in congress, even after proven wrong."

see I don't give a damn about that, so can we concentrate on what I do give a damn about now?

Ok Now?

Sure.  I don't blame you for wanting to draw attention from yet another time you've been proven wrong.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2005, 11:01:35 AM »
What you really want is a World Police "Ameeeeericaaaaaa - **** yeah!".... You know where I stand on the issue of aggressive militarism like that..

Nah, I want a World Police UN.  Not going to happen though. You'll all stand by just like the League of Nations did until finally some dictator finally goes exponentially too far like Hitler did.

What would the world have been like if a united front had confronted and given him an ultimatum to cease and desist when Hitler reintroduced military conscription in 1935? Or in 1936 when he reoccupied the Rhineland? Or in 1938 at the Anschluss? Sudetenland?

I'm of the opinion that's it's easier, cheaper and faster to nip these little dictators in the bud.

But sometimes that takes balls, a willingness to lose lives and money and some aggressive militarism on the part of those who oppose aggressive militarism.

And yeah, we all know where you were standing when the Serbs were cleaning out Srebrenica. How fortunate the Dutch didn't practice a little aggressive militarism then, eh? At least Dallaire tried in Rwanda.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2005, 11:03:53 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Nah, I want a World Police UN.  Not going to happen though. You'll all stand by just like the League of Nations did until finally some dictator finally goes exponentially too far like Hitler did.

What would the world have been like if a united front had confronted and given him an ultimatum to cease and desist when Hitler reintroduced military conscription in 1935? Or in 1936 when he reoccupied the Rhineland? Or in 1938 at the Anschluss? Sudetenland?

I'm of the opinion that's it's easier, cheaper and faster to nip these little dictators in the bud.

But sometimes that takes balls, a willingness to lose lives and money and some aggressive militarism on the part of those who oppose aggressive militarism.

And yeah, we all know where you were standing when the Serbs were cleaning out Srebrenica. How fortunate the Dutch didn't practice a little aggressive militarism then, eh? At least Dallaire tried in Rwanda.

That's the whole problem with the UN.  It's corrupt.  Many of the member nations ARE the corrupt ones, and are in positions to oppose any action against it's corruption.  It's like expecting a government to police itself, with zero accountability.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »
LOL I love that little attack on my service at the end there. Where were you standing at the time? Watching it on TV would be my guess "Oh that's terrible - Honey! Bring me another beer!".

Beats raping the populace.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2005, 01:12:59 PM »
You would know.

Yep.  I watched it on the news.  According to you, though, it doesn't matter unless you were there participating.

I guess you stand alone in that forum.