Author Topic: U.N. troops 'die in Congo ambush'  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
U.N. troops 'die in Congo ambush'
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2005, 05:03:43 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
You would know.

I know I would.  I read about the criminal havoc spread by the UN every day.   It's sad to see you support it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2005, 05:04:02 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Perhaps if I cared.

Let's see... you care enough about why I and others think the UN is pretty well worthless.

But you don't care enough to read a really good article on how the UN got to such a state.

I see.

Hey, don't educate yourself. You wouldn't want an understanding of the other guy's position to cloud your mind. We're used to you just the way you are.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2005, 05:05:40 PM »
Martlet, don't be too hard on him. I'm sure he went with the best of intentions. I'm sure he didn't realize that the UN ROE were setting him up for painful failure not of his own making.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
not good for the UN, but compared with what happen in Iraq on
a daily basis its not worth the discussion. sorry.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2005, 05:10:56 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Martlet, don't be too hard on him. I'm sure he went with the best of intentions. I'm sure he didn't realize that the UN ROE were setting him up for painful failure not of his own making.

His blind adoration is a little unsettling, though.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2005, 05:15:46 PM »
The report documents 68 cases of alleged rape, prostitution and pedophilia by U.N. peacekeepers from Pakistan, Uruguay, Morocco, Tunisia, South Africa and Nepal.

Surprisingly the countries that have a bad reputation with womens rights also produced the bad apples in question. Most of them developing countries, too.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2005, 05:24:53 PM »
Compare what the UN is doing anywhere to this in Iraq:

A freely elected National Assembly will soon meet.

This new transitional National Assembly will:

1. Serve as Iraq's national legislature for a transition period.

2. Name a Presidency Council, consisting of a President and two Vice Presidents (the Presidency Council will appoint a Prime Minister) and approve the appointment of the Prime Minister and his/her selection of cabinet ministers.)

3. Draft Iraq's new constitution, which will be presented to the Iraqi people for their approval in a national referendum in October 2005

....... and 25% of the new National Assembly are women... in a region where women have highly restricted rights.

Can you feel the change coming?

How's the UN doing in the Congo again?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2005, 05:33:55 PM »
We all know how good the position of women is under the Shari`ah. :aok

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-02-06-iraq-shiite_x.htm

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2005, 05:37:02 PM »
Well, G, guess you won't be seen in these threads anymore then, will you?

Time to just face it. UN "observation" just doesn't deter the bad guys. They understand ONE thing. If you're not prepared to do that, why bother to go at all?

That in a nutshell is why so many US folks see the UN as pointless. They're not prepared to do what's necessary but they go and do nothing.

Go figure.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2005, 05:39:14 PM »
There's a lot of different interpretation of Islamic law, just like the Bible.

Which interpretations do you think the women in the National Assembly will be likely to favor, the pro-woman or anti-woman?

And the strict Islamicists didn't win a majority as I'm sure you noticed.

Not bad for a first round.

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2005, 05:57:24 PM »
Mr Toad.
What do you sugest UN would do? Kill all civilians in the area,bombing them or just tear their houses down?

Tough luck, in war chite happends, soldiers die. But it dosent mean you have to retaliate "nazistyle" against the civilians.

And I doubt you will see Swedish troops in Congo, again.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2005, 06:44:48 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
No Toad I'm not talking about you (well, alone at least.)

It's the general attitude that I referred to. People are are making extremely offensive remarks for reasons that I can only imagine being media induced unbased negativity.

You really have not read much of this forum over the last 4+ years have you?  The hate pouring in from across the pond makes it pretty easy to give back what your dishing out.  

Face it, its not a new thing for Euros to hate, hell they pretty much invented it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 06:47:03 PM by Krusher »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2005, 07:11:32 PM »
Originally posted by patrone
Mr Toad.
What do you sugest UN would do? Kill all civilians in the area,bombing them or just tear their houses down?

Tough luck, in war chite happends, soldiers die. But it dosent mean you have to retaliate "nazistyle" against the civilians.

And I doubt you will see Swedish troops in Congo, again.

The UN can't do anything.  They're worthless.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2005, 07:41:05 PM »
Crabbo, do you read English?

Quote me the part where I said the UN should make war on civilians.

Scholz.... I'm saying there's no point in what the UN tries to do. They might just as well send civilians, results would be unchanged. I believe that.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2005, 08:13:33 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
You really have not read much of this forum over the last 4+ years have you?  The hate pouring in from across the pond makes it pretty easy to give back what your dishing out.  

Face it, its not a new thing for Euros to hate, hell they pretty much invented it.

KRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSHEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann