Author Topic: Who served?  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2005, 08:59:43 PM »
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2005, 08:59:58 PM »
No point in continuing if you won't answer a direct point put before you.  Probably because you can't and are embarrased. That's fine, we understand.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2005, 09:01:48 PM »
Would it be a safe assumption that ALOT of our currnet leaders did alot of the same things? I'm just asking.

on a side note......Zulu and I are oppisetts on just about every issue I would bet , and yet we ain't arguing. Just thought that interesting.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2005, 09:03:54 PM »
Originally posted by greentail
yeah, let's not run through that list :-)

Maybe because Kerry served more than a full tour in Vietnam? Is that what you consider leaving the service early?

The relevance is in Zulu7's thread about censorship that was deleted. Please read the original post in this thread.

You alluded to inaccuracies in that list earlier. What are they? Or is it accurate?

Actually, Kerry never completed a tour of duty in Vietnam, either.  Not only did he bail out of the service early, he abandoned his boat crew less than 4 months into a 12 month tour.  Prior to that he spent 5 months in California and 5 months in the South Pacific.

But I digress.

Your list isn't relevant.  First, what's the point?  They are elected officials.  Second, your list, (as I pointed out previously) is inaccurate.  Heck, some of the people on your list aren't even serving anymore.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2005, 09:04:17 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Bush left the service when it was no longer convienient for him. Working a political campaign was more important. Got a straight up answer or just dance some more?

RPM being completly serious.........isn't that basically what kerry did as well?

The only reason I bring him up is because he has been his major political oponent leading up to the last election.

on the subject of elected officials I have to agree that they are in fact elected.

in addition I dont feel military service is relevent for everyone.  I dont want anyone on my crew who doesnt want to be there!  I think it is a good thing that not all of our political leaders are military types.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 09:07:46 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2005, 09:05:17 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
No point in continuing if you won't answer a direct point put before you.  Probably because you can't and are embarrased. That's fine, we understand.

Heck, I'm still waiting for you to make ANY point, let alone one relevant to the discussion.

As I stated before, feel free.  If you have a "direct point to put before me", I'l be more than happy to answer it.  As it stands now, you can't even follow the conversation.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »
A opposing post was made wih a link to a website listing the military records of the members of congress. It showed that many Republicans had served. True. Republicans love their country, too.

Which is fine, but that did not address the issue of Republican leadership.

Guns, being completely serious, this thread was about Republican service. Instead of giving a straight answer all that was done was point fingers and say "Look at Kerry". That's not answering the point on the table, it's skirting the issue. It was a nice try at diverting attention.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline greentail

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Who served?
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2005, 09:12:17 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Some more?  I haven't danced at all.

Kerry left the service when it was no longer convenient for him.  That isn't on the list.  Why?  It's a bogus biased list.

My list, on the other hand, is accurate.

Correct me if I'm wrong. John Kerry was in his second combat tour in Vietnam when he was shipped out. Seems he had his quota of Purple Hearts.

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/service.html

The relevant part is in the second paragraph or so, about starting his second tour.

Feel free to refute that. And explain how that is leaving early, and equivalant to W. blowing off his TAG commitment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 09:14:56 PM by greentail »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2005, 09:12:32 PM »
Heck, I'm still waiting for you to make ANY point, let alone one relevant to the discussion.

As I stated before, feel free.  If you have a "direct point to put before me", I'l be more than happy to answer it.  As it stands now, you can't even follow the conversation.

Originally posted by rpm
Bush left the service when it was no longer convienient for him. Working a political campaign was more important.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2005, 09:13:03 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Guns, being completely serious, this thread was about Republican service. Instead of giving a straight answer all that was done was point fingers and say "Look at Kerry". That's not answering the point on the table, it's skirting the issue. It was a nice try at diverting attention.

It would be a great discussion to have, however the catalyst of the post was a list that was inaccurate.  When that was pointed out, you jumped in and started crying foul.

Sorry, if you're going to have a discussion based on information, don't cry when it's proven false.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2005, 09:14:24 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Bush left the service when it was no longer convienient for him. Working a political campaign was more important.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
CIC
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2005, 09:16:36 PM »

He's serving again
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »
Originally posted by rpm

Correct.  It was also convenient for the military to release him.

Now that we've established that, let's move to the corresponding name on the Dem's side of the list.

John Kerry abandoned his boat crew in combat when it was convenient for him.  He then bailed from the service early when it was no longer convenient for him to be in.

Now that we've gotten that little tidbit out of the way, let's get back to the discussion.

What's the relevance?

Offline greentail

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Who served?
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2005, 09:18:41 PM »
It would be a great discussion to have, however the catalyst of the post was a list that was inaccurate.  When that was pointed out, you jumped in and started crying foul.

Sorry, if you're going to have a discussion based on information, don't cry when it's proven false.

The only false information posted here so far has come from you.

Please show where the false information in the list of Republican leaders lack of military service is.

You said Kerry did not serve a full tour in Vietnam. That is false. Back up your claim if you can.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2005, 09:19:45 PM »
Yep, Kerry left early with a batch of Purple Hearts. No arguement.
Stay thirsty my friends.