Author Topic: How's he do it?  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 01:32:34 PM »
Some laggy stuff on that film also.
Shows Levi going from 60ish to 200+ and back to 60 in less than a second, happens at least twice.
Would assume the lag is on your end?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 02:50:54 PM »
Did I say that the film proved him as a cheater? No. I just couldn't believe the way he could outzoom me right after I droped maybe 1000ft on him in a similar plane.

Your description fits our fight perfectly btw. We were spiralling up in a zoomclimb looking at eachothers virtual cockpits in the direct up view. Only it ended very differently from what I thought.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
well....
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 03:03:42 PM »
Nobody has really answered my question. Which was "should the MKV be capable of manuevers like that?"

Obviously, Levi kicks ass, he's not a cheater. He's just pushing the FM to the ragged edge and beyond.

Could a real MKV swap ends like that at 150mph or less?

The diagram here shows maximum cornering of about 35 dps. This equates to just over 5 seconds for a 180 degree turn. Levi is undeniably doing much better than that.

g00b

P.S. My connect is typically very solid.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 03:24:39 PM by g00b »

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »
All he's doing is managing his speed and angles a little better, no mystery to it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 03:32:28 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Did I say that the film proved him as a cheater? No. I just couldn't believe the way he could outzoom me right after I droped maybe 1000ft on him in a similar plane.

Your description fits our fight perfectly btw. We were spiralling up in a zoomclimb looking at eachothers virtual cockpits in the direct up view. Only it ended very differently from what I thought.

Whoops....

My bad....misread what you wrote...my apologies.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 03:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by storch
he's not a cheater everyone knows you can't cheat in this game.

do not let your faith blind you by ASSUMING stupidity...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 03:36:19 PM »
He had folks wondering the same thing, and some thinking he 'cheated' back in AW when he'd whip everyone in the AW P38J first in RR and then in FR.

Nothing new here, just more evidence he know's what he's doing.  If you get the chance sometime, wing with Lev.  It's an eye opener.

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 03:37:13 PM »
Goob...

Levi never ever never ever fights flat...he's always going up or down. Also if he's turning and going left his rudder is going right:)...in effect the plane is rotating tumbling and stalling thru turns...at the very edge it seems like your spinning but your still "flying"....every once in awhile I'll get there...but levi lives there it seems. The planes nose will "fall" thru a turn much faster than the plane flys a circle....

Thats what your "seeing"...the plane isnt flying a "circle"...its doing something else....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 03:46:12 PM »
HAX!

storch

How's he do it?
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 03:53:32 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
do not let your faith blind you by ASSUMING stupidity...

gee don't be so cryptic spit it out.  I say the game can't be cheated.  I also say that Levi is not a cheater and neither is anyone else.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 03:55:43 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
All he's doing is managing his speed and angles a little better, no mystery to it.

yes there is mystery or we'd all fly like him
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 04:03:43 PM »
Who's this Levi fellow you speak of?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: well....
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2005, 04:14:26 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
Nobody has really answered my question. Which was "should the MKV be capable of manuevers like that?"

Obviously, Levi kicks ass, he's not a cheater. He's just pushing the FM to the ragged edge and beyond.

Could a real MKV swap ends like that at 150mph or less?

The diagram here shows maximum cornering of about 35 dps. This equates to just over 5 seconds for a 180 degree turn. Levi is undeniably doing much better than that.

g00b

P.S. My connect is typically very solid.

I was watching film 3 times, and I couldn't see anything "unusual".

After long rolling scissors, he just stalled (well, more of controlled stall) his spit at about 60mph at the top of scissors. Full aileron and rudder, good throttle control and nose went around pretty quickly.

To an extent, all planes can do that, more or less, spit 5 being particulary (and especially Leviathn) good at that.

It's very similar to what people here mistakenly call hammerhead, basically you almost stall on the top and reverse on the spot.

It can be tricky to do it because you have to reverse before  complete loss of control occurs (often at speeds of about 50-60mph).

Good pilots like Levi can do that several times in succession in single fight. Commonly seen in DA, not as often in MA.

PS. WTG to those three cherry pickers who were buzzing around Levi and you. What would MA be without them :D

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2005, 04:24:08 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Who's this Levi fellow you speak of?
Isn't he member of the same club as you?

Knitting Ladies or somethin' is called, I think...

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
How's he do it?
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2005, 04:31:41 PM »
the Borg Kollektiv
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.