Author Topic: Evidence for life on Mars  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Evidence for life on Mars
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2005, 03:13:47 PM »
Fair enough. What about the animals.

If the non-carnivores would be numbered to about 30 000 species or so (which again, very optimistic), you think they'd survive on fish, too?

Also even if they collected all of the water that rained on the ark and managed to collect it without contaminating it with f.e. seawater, it wouldn't be enough to supply the thousands and thousands of inhabitants.

That brings me to the next issue - waste management. There would be probably a few tons of dung produced each day along with urine inside the ark. Again with 1000 people they'd have to work 24/7 just to remove the dung.

And I stress the real problems would begin only after they touched ground and the repopulation time begun.

The Bible says this event took place roughly 4000 years ago. So if all of Noahs family were israelites and not multiracial, evolution would be pretty fast indeed. Population growth rate should be quite fast to multiply to the current amount of humans, not to mention the rate of evolution considering that israelites evolved to all the different races there are today.

Someone could calculate how many children 1000 people would need per average per year in order to populate the earth to the present 6500000000 persons (with no mortality whatsoever.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 03:34:49 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2005, 04:47:37 PM »
I think Siaf is webmaster for Triple6.net. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2005, 05:03:35 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
rainwater is drinkable...the people can eat fish (yeah, fishing was pretty big back then)
If it rained all that time and the rainwater was drinkable, all the fish would be dying - the sea would be seriously less salty, and all the freshwater fish would be dying too - far too salty for them. You might get away with Salmon, I'm not too sure about how they cope with the osmosis problem. But it also means Noah had to have fish tanks for all the fish.

The whole ark story as it stands in the bible is absolute pants: logistically and physically impossible. It's a fairy tale. The genesis creation myth is absolute pants too, but no particular shame there: all creation myths are absolute pants.

That's not to say creationists are wrong, mind you - I have been convinced by their arguments over the years to the point where I agree with them: they really are people who haven't evolved at all. ;)
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

storch

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2005, 05:08:25 PM »
Saif, Saif, Saif  the logistical problems you cite in the account of the great flood don't even cause me to ponder.  If there was one incident that would cause me pause it could be found in Joshua chapter 10.

All your other examples are nothing compared to that.  I believe every word of it so save your questions.

As I said.  you win.  hurray for you.  You had better hope you are right though.  eternity is, well......eternal.

I no longer wish to engage you or others on this topic.  I'm a five point Calvinist now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2005, 07:45:51 PM »
The point of my using my 8 year old as an example wasnt about being nieve it was about even an 8 year old being able to see and reason other  obvious answers and possible solutions.

Your just trying to twist  and distort my statements to suit yourself

And you refuse to see any other point or possibility then what you've made your own mind up on and everytime someone does make a valid counterpoint you either dismiss it,  Or point to evidence that is as inexact as the very stuff you critisize,or simply change your point with a new "yea but"

Therefore debating this subject with you is as pointless as trying to hold a logical discussion with a brick
And thus I bow out of this discussion with only the following words.

Nobody knows for sure which is true and which is not.
Its all a matter of which you choose to believe.
I do know however that some strange things have been known to happen in nature things that can be theorized but not absolutely explained

The following link is such an example. What's even more amazing is she did it 5 more times with 5 others after this calf was killed.

Heart of a Lioness

Adios
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2005, 11:32:35 AM »
it was about even an 8 year old being able to see and reason other obvious answers and possible solutions.

There's a very simple reason for that - your daughter doesn't have the faintest idea of the ordeal in question. Or the simple impossibility to gather all species in one place at one time even with modern technology.

Your daughter can't be blamed for believing in faerytales at the age of 8. Her father on the other hand can and should.

I know for a fact that Noah didn't start the human race/animal kingdom from scratch with his ark.

This is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Along with that story the rest of the Bible loses it's credibility (not that it needs the story to do it.)

You're right that it's better to stop the discussion here as it's painfully obvious that you can't look at the subject objectively. So you can all remain in fear of unknown and I'll just happily continue my life without having to worry about judgement day.

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 11:35:35 AM by Siaf__csf »

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2005, 12:45:16 PM »
Neutron image of Mars.  Blue areas represent water/ice under the soil.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2005, 12:48:50 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf

I know for a fact that Noah didn't start the human race/animal kingdom from scratch with his ark.

Well thank you Professor Obvious. The human race/animal kingdom was started way before the ark.
I believe you can safely say that we have all changed our mind on the subject since you did such an impressive job of explaining it so well.
I mean the point you made about the bible being translated by humans over a long period of time so that it couldn`t possibly be correct, then proving it with blogs from the intardnet pretty well wraps it up. I just wonder who wrote those intelligent and well thought out pieces of garbage. That must mean if people are not capable of translations and writing, it must have been aliens. Case solved.
If that weren`t enough, the snappy , intelligent comebacks would have sewed it up.
An example
According to this link they're not.
. Geez, if it was on the Intardnet there is no possible way it could be wrong. :rofl
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2005, 01:08:32 PM »
I'm sure you have a bible to check the claims out yourself Jackal. It couldn't be simplier than that. Now whose the tard?

You've kept the article of Ph.Dr. White pretty quiet haven't you?

I mean the point you made about the bible being translated by humans over a long period of time so that it couldn`t possibly be correct

Again you failed to understand totally even what you're replying to. I was saying that the Bible contains ancient mythologies which were adopted (i.e. translated) to christianity. The people claimed to have written certain scriptures could not have written them due to time overlaps, not to mention that the legends have been found in scriptures preceding the Bible which means they were not invented/written by the people they're claimed to.

You rave about the 'blog' even though it, again, presented you only with references to the Bible that you can check and verify yourself at any time. You're laughing at your own denial if anything.

The human race/animal kingdom was started way before the ark.

Umm.. if the flood didn't downright kill every man, woman and animal on this planet according to Bible, why on earth did Noah have to build the ark in the first place? Yeah I know, logic isn't your strong point.

You're contradicting your inerrant source of information.

Genesis 7:4  For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

7:23  And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

That was just 4300 years ago according to the Bible.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 01:38:38 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2005, 05:06:01 PM »
You know slick, I wouldn`t go so far to say that you are a total moron because at least one person thinks you are  pretty sharp. Yourself.
I would, however, go as far to say that you are just imbellic enough to believe everyone besides yourself is.
There seems to be one very important indgredient that you have seen fit to pass over again and again in your mindless drivel.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2005, 05:12:01 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf

Umm.. if the flood didn't downright kill every man, woman and animal on this planet according to Bible, why on earth did Noah have to build the ark in the first place? Yeah I know, logic isn't your strong point.

And I know that contradicting your self in your own post is your strongest point.

and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

I`m assuming you can read what you posted and comprehend it at the same time. Am I giving you too much credit here?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2005, 05:56:11 PM »
1. The great flood stories probably stem from the quick flooding of the Black Sea area through the Bosporus.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/blacksea/ax/frame.html

2. Evolution is a fact. Try to enjoy the fact that we know how to describe the wonderful bounty of nature and how it came to be.

3. We didn't come from monkeys, we came from starfish. (If this seems wrong to you, maybe some research would be good.)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2005, 09:03:06 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
We didn't come from monkeys, we came from starfish. (If this seems wrong to you, maybe some research would be good.)

You may have come from starfish, not me....  I came from primordial ooze.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2005, 10:44:28 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
You may have come from starfish, not me....  I came from primordial ooze.

And not very long ago either........

:p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2005, 11:11:55 PM »
I have discovered that ooze is a grease based substance.  

Dawn (R) cleaned it off rather well.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!