Author Topic: Tired of it  (Read 2835 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2005, 01:02:19 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
Getting tired of defending my words....

Don't.  There is no need to

engage as we were alone. Instead, he ran. Maybe he was out of ammo...maybe he was short on gas....I don't know. So, I continued on home to friendly base shaking  my head wondering what the point of it all was. Why fly it if you're not going to use it....it was called a fighter for a reason.

You kind of answered that  for me

I do know that a lot of people flying the La7 are not using any abilities other than its running capabilities. I can see that a lot of people in the game, and perhaps HT too, will not see eye to eye with me on this issue. Maybe I'm just SO far off base with my thinking no one will agree with me about the La7. I do know that's not the case as I am not the only one to have raised this issue.

No one is arguing that some people use the lala to run.  However, the same behavior or worst can be seen by 190s, 51s, G10s even F4Us, P47s, TIFFYs etc.  I have videos of me trying to run dow a spitV.  Anything will run if thats what the pilot wants.  If HT took LA7s out of the picture tomorrow, you would be posting the same way about D9s
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2005, 01:11:25 PM »
Think it's got the past the running thing.
If 1 plane perked for a specific reason, then all planes with the same trait/reason should be perked also.
As long as the current screw up remains in place the discussions will go on.

There are very few planes I think under the current setup deserved to be perked.
262,163 and the Tempest (but should be cheaper).
All others should be free, if not more planes should be on the perk list.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2005, 01:29:30 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
i see more FW's that La7's go zooming past to make a one-pass vulchicide run.

:rofl

As I was starting to roll down the runway last night in a PJ a bish la7 lined himself up with the runway about 4.0 out.  I was like "hell yeah! Bring it punk!" heheh as the dweeb thought he would get his 2 or 3 quick vulches in his elgay and run home at blazing speed.  As my wheels lifted off the strip, he closed within 1,500 yards and I opened up as he tried to shoot the poor guy 200 yards in front of me.  The next thing I see is a huge fireball 700 yards in front of me as the lamer exploded in a catasrophic flare of lameness.  

I see this tactic more than any other these days.  These are the same people who have no clue what to do if the enemy they are engaged with sees them or tries to corner them in a fight.  And you know what?  These aren't noObs.  Some of the most prominent l337 score potatos are the ones who do this the most.  One in particular flies a 190 for the Knights.  It's sick, lame and just sad that veteran pilots have to resort to this tactic to get their kills to pad their prescious scores.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »
It'll never get perked. 2/3 their profit come from La7 pilots I bet.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Tired of it
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2005, 01:51:50 PM »
Hell, perk everything but the Spit I, Hurricane I, F4F-4, A6M2, Bf 109E-4, and the dive bombers (Stuka, Kate, Val, SBD and TBM).  Go for a graduated perk system with the fastest and deadliest gun packages at the top of the chain.  Blow all yer perkies on those 262 rides?  Darn.  Grab a Spit I and start earning them back :)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
:rofl

As I was starting to roll down the runway last night in a PJ a bish la7 lined himself up with the runway about 4.0 out.  I was like "hell yeah! Bring it punk!" heheh as the dweeb thought he would get his 2 or 3 quick vulches in his elgay and run home at blazing speed.  As my wheels lifted off the strip, he closed within 1,500 yards and I opened up as he tried to shoot the poor guy 200 yards in front of me.  The next thing I see is a huge fireball 700 yards in front of me as the lamer exploded in a catasrophic flare of lameness.  

I see this tactic more than any other these days.  These are the same people who have no clue what to do if the enemy they are engaged with sees them or tries to corner them in a fight.  And you know what?  These aren't noObs.  Some of the most prominent l337 score potatos are the ones who do this the most.  One in particular flies a 190 for the Knights.  It's sick, lame and just sad that veteran pilots have to resort to this tactic to get their kills to pad their prescious scores.

This story sounds familiar, only it was not a lala dweeb and he did not get face shot.  He blew the vulch and cought a 30mm from a G10.  I can't remember his name though.  Hmmmm, who could that be I wonder :confused:

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2005, 02:58:27 PM »
Well.. there must be a snowball fight in hell because I'm going to have to agree with Shane.  :eek:

The other night a group of LA7s came in and did a fighter sweep of one of our bases.  I was in an f6f, and after killing 3, I got caught in a bad spot and ended up getting killed by endless BnZ attempts from 3 planes.   So, I upped a base back with a tempest... 75 gas and drop tanks.  I went to 12k and found them still vulching.  I just played their game.  I BnZ'd the remaining 5 then went on to get 2 more on their way back.  LA7s don't match to tempests at high speeds.  I wouldn't give any of them the satisfaction of a fight, I would just zoom them till they made a mistake, and then BOOM!  on to the next one  :aok

Temp can dive to close to 600mph... la7 will only make about 475 before it starts to compress... maybe 500.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2005, 03:14:15 PM »
Originally posted by SunKing
It'll never get perked. 2/3 their profit come from La7 pilots I bet.
IMO you're warm - very warm, and getting warmer. ;):aok  

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2005, 03:33:51 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
I think his idea was to perk them to try and reduce usage, after all isn't that the reason planes are perked in the 1st place?

Kev ... 3 perk cost won't reduce the usage but will increase the runnage ... COD forbid that you might die and lose some perks at the same time ... OH THE HORROR !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2005, 03:36:18 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why I read this whole thread.. Whats the point ?  Nothing is going to change.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2005, 03:36:38 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
I fly em and I have no qualms about fighting anything that comes at me. Then again being a dweeb I fly just about anything there is.  So please add my name to the wall of shame!

Honest suggestion...learn to deal with LA-7's. I have just as much fun shooting them down as flying them.  

I HATE LA7's, don't get me wrong.  The problem I have is not them running away, but running you down with the obligatory 3 slavering Spitties and NIKI’s trailing close behind.  They start the pursuit from 2 or 3 K back, and they know they have a kill eventually.  I have had them follow my 190A8 all the way to my base, only to die quickly as my side dog piled them.

And a LA7 is as likely to try to HO you as a Spittie.  Of course, if you don’t know how to avoid a HO, learn.

It’s just the game. HT isn’t going to change it.

I too am sick of all the LA7’s.  But perking isn’t the answer, and believe me I have no idea what the answer is.  I stopped flying the 190A8, just for the reason I quoted about them running you down, now that the icons tell them you are a A8 and not a Dora.

Now I die almost every sortie.  Believe me, I am frustrated. But perk the LA7?

I believe that even fewer planes should be perked.  But that will not happen either.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »
I am frustrated...it's not one isolated incident, but the compounding factors of many. If you read my initial post you will see that I just want them to fight instead of running...constantly running.....running running running......it's all I see them do.

LOL ... then ya better add the run-90, the run-O-9, and the runstang to the list too.

Especially the German iron. The slightest hint of reversal or loss of advantage and they are outta here quicker than the La-7 ... stick-stirrin' all the way.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2005, 03:43:47 PM »
On the subject of the lala runing people down, all I have to say is, gooood.  It is a game.  A game of airplanes fighting.  If a lala runs you down - even with 5 spits following - you just got your moneys worth.  You get to fight.  If you die, HT personaly will buy you a new plane.  Now, instead of being ran down from going who knows where (and I am sure the lala is thinking you are running), turn around when he is 2K or 3K behind.  Totaly different experience. ;)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2005, 03:50:16 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I am frustrated...it's not one isolated incident, but the compounding factors of many. If you read my initial post you will see that I just want them to fight instead of running...constantly running.....running running running......it's all I see them do.

LOL ... then ya better add the run-90, the run-O-9, and the runstang to the list too.

Especially the German iron. The slightest hint of reversal or loss of advantage and they are outta here quicker than the La-7 ... stick-stirrin' all the way.

You have to refer to the "Lazs Conundrum" on that one Slappy
I come from a land downunder

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2005, 03:57:43 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
 If a lala runs you down - even with 5 spits following - you just got your moneys worth.  You get to fight.  

If you die, HT personaly will buy you a new plane.  Now, instead of being ran down from going who knows where (and I am sure the lala is thinking you are running), turn around when he is 2K or 3K behind.  Totaly different experience. ;)

I imagine it would be a totally different experience.  As I would die a lot quicker in a Spittie-LA7 dogpile.  Spitties love to follow LA7's, free lunch :)

I try to run as you call it. I believe that fighter pilots call it "egress",  I usually try to egress, er run, to the nearest pile of friendlies.  The best way to get a bogey off you six is not to let him get there in the first place, the second best is to have a teammate blow him to pieces.

I am sure the Flying Tigers would roar with laughter if accused of "running".  Because that is exactly what their tactic was.  Dive down, make one pass, and run for base.  One old Tiger said recently said something like "Hell, we INVENTED the drive by shooting."   I think the Tigers war record is still the stuff of legends.