Author Topic: marijuana  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2005, 01:05:02 PM »
Originally posted by newguy
DREDIOK,
Actually, large amounts of high grade pot are smuggled into the US annually, especially from British Columbia. The pot is valuable enough in the States that straight across trades (weight for weight) are made for cocain.

While I'll agree with you that large amounts of high grade pot are smuggled into the U.S., I'm not so sure I believe that it is traded weight for weight with cocaine.  

Now, I have never been "in" the cocaine deal, so who knows if some kids I know are getting ripped off, but currently, in CT, a gram of cocaine goes for $60.  A gram of marijuana goes for $20 or less.

From what I've seen, cocaine is by far the more expensive drug, and therefore, the more profitable to take risks of smuggling.  People really do get killed/shot at over it ALL the time.  

Many of the marijuana dealers I've ever known eventually gave up selling it simply because unless you grow your own, it's near impossible to turn a substantial profit.  So, they decided to start selling harder stuff (in this respect, it can be a gateway, though it's hardly because it made you "want" to do something else after smoking it).  

Also, any discussion on the pros and cons of legalizing it must include arguments over its comparative safety and effects compared to other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2005, 01:08:52 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Forgive Martlet. He got splashed on during the last Witch Dunking. He's still a little cranky.

Of course you wouldn't want to refute that statement, just quote it and set the stage for another off topic jab.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2005, 01:12:42 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
:D

rather stoned then totally ignorant conservative...

another enlightened SLO comment

LOL LOL LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
marijuana
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2005, 03:08:27 PM »
criminal acts carried out while under the influence of alcohol should be dealt with harshly as well.
should be,,but isnt so thats for sure

my mother was shot to death while i was sleeping by a drunk alcoholic under the influence when i was 5 years old..you know how much time he served in jail? 5 years

my cousin was killed by a drunk..you know how much time the guy served? 1 day in jail..because he was drunk and didnt know what he was doing was his excuse and they couldnt prove he intended to kill him,,no witnesses

a guy name ben from a party my brother was at..hit 2 old people that were out for there early morning walk..killed them both..drove all the way home and went to sleep..woke up and didnt realise what he did till there were cops all around him in his bed room and blood all over his car..he got 3 years in jail..and is still driving around town to this day

a guy down the street was growing pot  got caught with quite a bit..he is serving a 7year term i hear..does this sound right? the guy never killed anyone

these all true stories just from my experiance in my tiny town of 2,000 people,,never have i seen anyone killed over pot,,or anyone shot over it......in my opinion its plain backwords..alcohall is the BIGGEST KILLER!! anyone who tries to convince me that there are harsh penetlies for killing some one under the influance..hasnt seen the real world yet thats for sure..just make sure when you kill some one that you are drunk..you will get a slap on the hand..thats the real world

got way mor true alcohall stories than this..just dont feal like typing everyone of them out:( from heads ons to suicides.. all over alcohall...only thing i seen pot lead people to is the fridge..i dont smoke..but even i can see whats the worst of the 2 hands down!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 03:16:29 PM by hyena426 »

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2005, 03:38:01 PM »
amazing...some of you can justify anything.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2005, 04:11:57 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
Alcohol is a different set of circumtances. It is a legal drug and what we don't have is people being hurt or killed as a direct result of trying to produce or sell it, because of a demand for it.

there's your argument for the legalization of weed right there.

This is exactly what occurred during prohibition, no?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2005, 04:25:02 PM »
dont care what anyone else thinks

smoking abit now and then doesnt bother me at all.

i can feel the difference between having smoked abit and been drunk the following day. there is no question about it... the drink makes my body work hard to get back in shape and thats enough "evidence" for me.

enjoy whatever you enjoy.

famous grouse for me tonight. nothing like recovering the follwoing day to formula1 and breakfast in bed

:)

-edit- dont make a habbit of any of them and you should be fine
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 04:27:59 PM by Nilsen »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2005, 04:32:04 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
there's your argument for the legalization of weed right there.

This is exactly what occurred during prohibition, no?

That's not an argument for legalization.  Difficulty of enforcement or to prevent further crime isn't justification.

I don't do drugs.  I'm anti-drug.  That being said, the government has absolutely zero business telling me what drugs I can or can't take.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2005, 04:35:26 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
That being said, the government has absolutely zero business telling me what drugs I can or can't take.

wow.. i agree with marty! :)

(crosses the calendar)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2005, 04:41:08 PM »
*why* is marijuana illegal?

one can, and many do, make the case that there's no valid reason other than hysterical, err i mean historical bias.  it makes the negros lustful and teenagers murderous. :rolleyes:

the harm marijuana does to society can in no way justify the  expenditures enforcing misguided laws.

legalize it, tax it, let the market forces work and go after those who allow use of it to impact society at large ala DUI, etc.

and yes, it is a valid argument for legalization.  Prohibition was repealed in large part due to the negative consequences of making booze illegal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 04:45:36 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline spothq

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mbshost.com
marijuana
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2005, 04:51:24 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
*why* is marijuana illegal?

one can, and many do, make the case that there's no valid reason other than hysterical, err i mean historical bias.  it makes the negros lustful and teenagers murderous. :rolleyes:

the harm marijuana does to society can in no way justify the  expenditures enforcing misguided laws.

legalize it, tax it, let the market forces work and go after those who allow use of it to impact society at large ala DUI, etc.

and yes, it is a valid argument for legalization.  Prohibition was repealed in large part due to the negative consequences of making booze illegal.

Well written, to the point and loaded with common sense (Yet doesnt seem to be enough for people to understand).

Grow up with a couple of parents on the drink, watch your brother destroy his mind with booze, see your other brother be able to chill his manic nature out with pot and its quite clear.

Those mounties died for one reason, a lack of common sense by those making the laws.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »
Originally posted by spothq
...Those mounties died for one reason, a lack of common sense by those making the laws.

They did?  Wow and here I thought it was because they found some Illegal drugs and the person that had em didn't want to go to jail...so he shot em.

dang.....glad things are all clear now:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 10:38:03 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
marijuana
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2005, 05:00:31 PM »
I'm enjoying this show while i make one of the nr 3 coffeeshop in holland.

:cool:

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 05:01:27 PM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
I'm enjoying this show while i make one of the nr 3 coffeeshop in holland.

:cool:

i envy you right now bug

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2005, 05:13:55 PM »
I used to smoke pot recreationally. Now I do so for medicinal purposes. I have a prescription for it in fact. I take 2 or 3 hits just before I go lay down for bed each night. Even though I have a prescription I cant go to the local drug store to buy it. I have to buy it on the black market. I could grow it, but my wife is opposed to that for some reason.

I get chronic, severe muscle spasms in my lower back. I have been to the doctor many times over the past 5 or so years for this. I've tryed physical therapy, exercises, and hard core muscle relaxers. The muscle relaxers DO make the spasms go away after 2 - 4 days. However, during the time I am on them I am a total basket case. The muscle relaxers do absolutely nothing to reduce the amount of pain I feel. They do however make me not care about it heh.

MJ otoh, actually helps reduce the pain, and makes the spasms less severe. I almost always have some degree of muscle spasm going on in my lower back. For me, MJ has made this issue alot more bearable.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.