Author Topic: marijuana  (Read 3002 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »
Originally posted by spothq
So they were "pwned" is what you're saying.

The pot smoking pedophile was "One up" on em?

Sounds like top-notch police work their pre-constable.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/05/rcmp-shooting050305.html

read it, and the related stuff, it always helps to know the facts before you make statements like that.

Offline spothq

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mbshost.com
marijuana
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2005, 03:36:03 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
You insult him with a non-arguement and expect him to stick around and play your silly games?

How sandboxish.

It is, what it is.

With my opinion I got "STUF", so... welcome to the sandbox.

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
marijuana
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2005, 10:52:03 AM »
Originally posted by Shane:
it makes the negros lustful and teenagers murderous.

You must have seen the movie "Reefer Madness". Now that was a funny movie. I saw it at the "midnight movie" along with "Cocaine Fiends".

:rofl

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2005, 12:17:02 PM »
yeah, and sadly stuff like that was the basis for making it illegal in the first place.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
marijuana
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »
Some people just like to justify why they should be allowed to break the law.

These people have no repsect for the law and they lash out like children, calling people names just because they agree with the laws.  

What other laws do they blantantly ignore and somehow justify in doing so? I guess they are above the rest of us and are able to decide which laws are made to be broken.

Funny stuff.

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
marijuana
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2005, 01:22:06 PM »
Without saying what for Nuke, have you ever broke the law? If so, did you feel guilty about doing it?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2005, 02:09:06 PM »
yeah, how many hummers has nuke rec'd over the years? how many times has be driven over the speed limit?

some laws have no business being passed in the first place. just because a law exists, doesn't mean it's 100% valid. I mean jeez, shall we delve into civil disobediance and the civil rights movement?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
marijuana
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2005, 02:21:59 PM »
jaywalking comes to mind alot in my tiny town..good thing in big cities..bad thing for little towns,,no one uses the cross walks here..heck i jaywalk right in front of cops here..they dont care..even know im breaking the law right in front of them..they know its stupid in a small towns..because we only got 2 cross walks in the hole town..lol..i dont feal a bit guilty breaking that law..lol

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
marijuana
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2005, 02:44:27 PM »
I got no problem with making it legal even though potheads are annoying to be around.

When I smoked pot it just made pain more intense.

and... smoke all you want.. I don't mind competing with potheads at all but... I won't be on the same roads with em.. If you have pot in your system then don't drive.  

If you work with me in a job where you could injure me by being careless then don't smoke pot or stay home.

lazs

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
marijuana
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2005, 02:47:05 PM »
how many hummers has nuke rec'd over the years

I believe that is illegal in some states.
     My wife and I took a trip in the car one year and covered six states. I got RH in all six states and probably broke some sort of law.

:p

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
marijuana
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2005, 08:54:46 AM »
the problem/benifiet of bad laws is that it makes everyone that more at ease about breaking all laws.

lazs

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »
"blame human nature, dont blame a friggin plant that grows, and has grown naturally and been used peacefully by humans for thousands of years......"

said it before and i would say it again if this thread makes it to page 3.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
marijuana
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2005, 02:09:20 PM »
i have to agree with the "grow your own" folks here.

its a natural plant, has medicinal and oft times psychological relief..  it shows no real harmful effects that you wont find in your average micropop kitchen appliance, cancery cellphone or the black dioxide soup of automobile emission.

unfortunately, the debate often comes down to a character issue rather than an issue of freedom.  all too often there is a public perception about  those who would serve as the advocates for legalization as being the ones in dreadlocks, living the unshowered life and following phish around the world.  

im pretty sure that legalization wont occur until some real weight gets put behind the issue.

we also have to consider that before it really became a national passtime like booze, it was already outlawed.  unlike prohibition, it would not have the same "you took this away from us" effect.
for me it IS an issue concerned with freedom, but its not a freedom that any of us have ever had.

we allow for violence in our living rooms, a bourgening fat cow of a pharmacutical industry and wars.   yet we can't quite seem to let go of the reigns in this day and age to add a freedom rather than subtract it.  to strike a law rather than write one.

as many of us agree, there are places that the government seems to be comfortable acting as a daddy when it only serves to make the problem worse.

i just dont happen to agree that it is fundementally good for the government to tell me what i can or can not ingest.  rather, i think that it should be allowed but talked about openly...i dont neccessarilly think that we should manufacture it, at least not immediately, but i am not oppossed to it in a future scene either. grow your own for now...like a spice...treat it as such.

imagine if we did that for thirty years...and that when they actually did manufacture it we may have enough of a grip on it that we could absorb it.  it might even appear with little fanfare if the experiment goes well.

if we spent more time talking with our kids...educating them...saying ya, i did some drugs, i got over.  do your thing if you must...take the coyote path to the desert...but be careful.  this is what can happen....and show them.  everyone has the right to determine how to be an adult for themselves as long as they arent hurting anybody but i think that as adults we have the responsibility to communicate truthfully to our youth and allow them to make decisions on thier own.  

i supose im a bit extreme in that way sometimes...i think that kids should be required to take field trips to methadone clinics or halfway houses to show them what the consequances of thier actions might be.

then, let them be.

americans, for all of thier purported freedoms can really be one big gigantic tightass.

i think that the aggregate result of this is actually the opposite of the intended effect.  like catholic shool girls who got put in the box on day one...man when they got out of that box!  WOOOHOO!

of all people, i think that government is the worst teacher.  it deals in its own form of speak that runs so counter to reality sometimes that i have to laugh.

the founding fathers must have felt that way too.  social law is much more powerful in my opinion  that government law.  

it always wins in the end.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:17:56 PM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
marijuana
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2005, 02:17:51 PM »
It's not a case of the government deciding that something is illegal, it's the law. We live in a  republic, so really it's the people making the laws.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
marijuana
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2005, 02:21:55 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
We live in a  republic, so really it's the people making the laws.

Not in this case.
-SW