Author Topic: MA is dead? (7:15CDT)  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
MA is dead? (7:15CDT)
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 10:33:44 PM »
haha thanks for the reminder

when you comin up punk?

Edbert, TRUST me, you do not want to sit through an hour of sex and the city. It is without a doubt the worst POS on TV. Its saposed to be "our quite time" even tho she pays absoltly no attention to me. ALTHO there are nights when I make her sit through disc wings or the simpsons. But who doesnt like the simpsons!? :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:38:07 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 10:34:54 PM »
LOL what a lucky guess on my part haha.

Patience grasshopper, perhaps in May...

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 10:43:16 PM »
CT is far from perfect, and far from realistic but imho its a heck of alot more engaging than ma. ffa set ups are fun for a while but they inevitably get stale withought some sort of scenario or historical feel, and players often become very plane dependant, screaming and clawing when they are forced to get out of their favorite ride because of eny limeter.

ma is like you are on a millionar's island and he has set up a game for you too play, with alot of planes at your disposal to do as you please as long as you dont shoot at planes with the green tags.

ma is fun, there is alot more to air combat tho, and to ah, that can be entertaining/marketable,

htc once said that there are three basic types of players , something on the lines of those who want to fly like they are in ww2,  acm guys, and  ppl who want to win the game, i dont think one arena should try to do it all, but for the newer players it can be very entertainig, and get you hooked.

i guess you could say i am the guy who wants to fly like they are in ww2, and get imersed in the situation.  so ill wave my fan boy flag too: TOD TOD TOD!

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 10:46:49 PM »
I agree eilif, I have enjoyed the CT a great deal the times I've flown there, it is certainly different and I'm not talking about the matchups, the arena settings, or the icons; I'm talking about the type of players and the way they play.

Tonight though there were almost 90 folks in there, most of which would have been in the MA if it were up. It was NOT the CT of which you speak :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 11:02:08 PM »
Told me to go back to the MA and get the Flock outta the CT.

Have a name?

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 11:54:26 PM »
I like the CT on certain occassions.  I just don't buy into the "we're better than the MA" bs that a lot of CT'ers espouse.  The same dweeby things occur in the CT that happen in the MA, the only difference is a limited planeset with fewer players.

I've always loved the Fin/Rus setup, especially in AH1 when there was a winter terrain and there were those cool little grass airstrips.  Added to the immersion of the setup.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 12:27:01 AM »
ct has the potential to be very imersive, and ya some times it is just an ma with a limited plane set, but it can be really good when the players cooperate for more challenging settings. some people just cant get over not having dar and alot of the relaxed realism settings you find in ma, and they wont cooperate with mission leaders that are required to make historical settings work. once you get a mission going it can be as entertaining as fridays squad ops, just on a smaller scale.  hopefully some day ct will be as active as squad ops are every night, unfortunately these  things are a logistical nightmare to coordinate on a daily basis, i think TOD will be the answere to that problem of keeping missions open and people on track and in the action.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 02:07:16 AM »
I just don't buy into the "we're better than the MA" bs that a lot of CT'ers espouse.

Most Ct'ers dont view themselves as better, alot just like the CT better. There are few that view it as a private sandbox and berate all who wander by. Pretty silly, but it keeps happening. We on the CT staff reconize the problem and take steps to curb it. But we cant be there 24/7 to babysit though. Try tuesday and thursday nights if you get a chance. Numbers are up then and there usually a CT staffer there to try to keep the place civil.

BTW, the Finn/Russ set up starts this friday, drop in <>

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2005, 05:07:37 AM »
Sex and the City warps the poor girlies minds.

unless you want trouble, get her off it as soon as possible.

I too suffer the SatC curse whens it is on.

The whole show is dedicated to a bunch of sluts who have more shags than hot meals and will dump a guy if one of his toes is too long.

watch it, its dangerous i tell ya.

CT is fun.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2005, 05:42:33 AM »
It is gods way of telling me I will be watching sex and the city or some other fuggin show with my girl tonight. wtf.

Try watching sex and the city with your girl tonight by making it in front of a mirror. She'll hack your ethernet cable in pieces.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 11:48:30 AM »
last night when MA was down, went to CT, lots of people there, friendly collisions were on(on the ground also), 15 troops to capture base, not much capturing going on , mostly air to air stuff, allied vs axis, had a good time, wish you were there.

44MAG

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 12:02:03 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I just don't buy into the "we're better than the MA" bs that a lot of CT'ers espouse.

Most Ct'ers dont view themselves as better, alot just like the CT better.

Slash, with all the respect I have for you, I think you are wrong.  They think they are gods gift to virtual flying.  Even while they vulch you they acuse you of destroing the game.

There are few that view it as a private sandbox and berate all who wander by. Pretty silly, but it keeps happening. We on the CT staff reconize the problem and take steps to curb it.

So, Storch and half his squad have been baned from the CT?

:lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Anchor

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 02:02:39 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Try watching sex and the city with your girl tonight by making it in front of a mirror. She'll hack your ethernet cable in pieces.

Or she may call Hitech and tell him to hurry up and fix the MA...heh

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 03:17:25 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Slash, with all the respect I have for you, I think you are wrong.  They think they are gods gift to virtual flying.  Even while they vulch you they acuse you of destroing the game.

:lol

Dedalos, I think you get that in any arena. It's just CT is so sparsely populated it just takes one or two farts to stink up the whole room. I very rarely fly MA , and since I've just returned to AH in the last month after needing an equipment upgrade to run AHII,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I hardley fly at all because CT has become a ghost town.

Everybody has their specific taste, mine lean more towards aircraft matchups that are as historical as possible. My opinon though is it takes more skill to be good in the MA , than it does in the CT.  In the main the main arena you never know what your going to run into. In the CT you pretty well can predict ahead of time what your enemy will be flying. So I don't buy into the CT guys having an superiority complex over MA guys.

Yeah there are some guys that like to see how many people they can p%ss off on channel 1. I also think if there were more people flying in CT there would be a lot less time for typing. Guys would be getting their butts flamed if they took the time to type insults instead of watching the air around them.

You are right  about a few, but don't blame the whole. Those of us that love to fly the CT need to come up with a way to make it more attractive to the MA guys. Being the the **** in the punch bowl is never going to work though.:rolleyes:

Hopefully when MA is down and the CT gets an influx of players people will see it's all the basically people with the same interest , just a different style of the game.:aok

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2005, 03:46:36 PM »
i always squelch the inter country channels,   for one thing its un-realistic, and repetative, a constant barrage of "haha sucker" and "you got me because...."  or "i hate this plane"  "alt monkey" or " get out of your uber p40"

just log in kill or be killed and log out, dont cry about it, i have seen even the most  expirienced pilots come up with the most lame excuses that just make you lose all respect.