Author Topic: MA is dead? (7:15CDT)  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
MA is dead? (7:15CDT)
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2005, 10:32:46 AM »
You are so easy to debate, because you can't avoid getting personal. It isn't about a lack of maps, it isn't about a limited plane set, it's a people problem, and alway has been. Try to understand that.

What debate? You get offended because you posted what amounted to lies about the CT staffers and I and responded to it. You then claim nasty name calling which didnt happen. As a far as a people problem I think I adressed that as well. I just gave you a brief history of what the CT went through with the change to AH2. Those are facts. Thats what took place. Why you cant understand that I dont. What I dont understand is your posting of fictional events. Do you think if you just keep repeating it it will suddenly become the truth?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2005, 10:01:33 AM »
Some observations (get the flamethroweres ready)

As far as the blue text, well, at list they are trying something different.  I have not seen too mach of it when I am there so it seems that the CT staff was just trying something different.  So, I would say, "Hey, atlist they are trying" instead of manning 5" guns and talk about how great they are.

As far as game play.  I think what makes the CT atractive is the small number of players and the respect you would get from knowing the people.  By respect I mean, wait till someone gets to 1K before killing him, respect an existing fight atc.  However, that is not there.  That can be found in the DA but not in the CT.  It has become a mini MA so why would you fly there if it is not different?

Now, given the small population, the few Jack Arses that frequent the place really stand out as being the majority (even though they are not).  All this keeps people away.  

I don't know how to fix it but I would start with keeking some people out of there, and then maybe come up with what is the CT.  What's to be expected tehre.  It will never succed as a mini MA cause, well, we already have an MA.  Historical setups may not be the answer either cause SpitVs against 109s for example is not really a mach up in a game environment.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2005, 10:17:17 AM »
Not to be an arse but when ppl say the CT is a mini MA it goes both ways. The MA is just a big CT with more whiners more dweebs bigers maps and a FFA planeset. You just hear more about the "big mouths" in the CT beacuse of the low numbers. Do you not fly in the MA because someone is mouthing off? No, all you have to do type those eight magic letters "squelch". Why can't you do that when your in the CT? And yes if a CM is on and things go to far or gets outa hand the CM steps in.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2005, 10:18:53 AM »
I have flown in the CT some, not much, but most of the times I have been there it was civil and I saw no elitist attitudes, at least when compared to the MA. There was some of the respect Deadalos spoke of...asking for permission to join a fight, and letting a guy get some airspeed before vulching...lol. I saw more than once a guy was allowed to get to 5K, with the agreement that he would leave the ack-dome so there could be a fair fight. These things aren't completely universal by any means, but when compared to the MA it is definatly a trend. I have seen over and over folks change sides in the CT to even up the numbers, and overall there seems to be less animosity and trash-talking. The historical matchups are kind of fun, but they all get old sooner or later, the best part for me personally is the reduced icon range and info.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2005, 10:28:41 AM »
You forgot the best thing about the CT. KillShooter is off so if theres a killstealer that jumps in front of you shooting a enemy plane you get two kills.:aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2005, 10:36:31 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
You forgot the best thing about the CT. KillShooter is off so if theres a killstealer that jumps in front of you shooting a enemy plane you get two kills.:aok

What????  I think I may become a regular now, lol :rofl

You are right about the CT, MA and numbers.  It does go both ways.  My point was, why have two MAs.  At list, in the one with the big numbers I can find some friends to fly with.  

I don;t log in to be abused and squelch the guy that did it.  I have a short fuse also, but I am very respectfull to others.  There are some guys in there that get to me and I want to get back to them.  I refuse to just back off and go away.  Yes, thats my problem, but I caanot fly there while those 2 or 3 guys are on cause, well thats 60% of the population sometimes.

Edbert, you got lucky.  Sometimes teh CT is like you described it.  Its a matter of luck.  Last time I was there the likes of 616Fubar from the MA and ther egular CT arses where on, so I left.  The fights you described can be found in the DA, and if it is base capture you are seeking, well, MA has that.

Make it different and attractive and people will put up with all this crap.  Once you get some numbers there, all this will not matter cause most people are desent.  Its 1 or 2 that ruin the hole thing now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2005, 11:49:01 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
You just hear more about the "big mouths" in the CT beacuse of the low numbers. Do you not fly in the MA because someone is mouthing off? No, all you have to do type those eight magic letters "squelch". Why can't you do that when your in the CT?  

Seems plain enough to me.  Heck, I turn off the speakers when I'm in the MA because I don't want the family to hear the foul language.  Does that drive me away?

Well....no....the vulchers and gangers and the "It's always March, 1945" are probably what drive me away...but I digress...

In my view, it's just plain silly to let a fool ruin your day.  If you enjoy the different things the CT has to offer, then you're letting a bully run your life if you leave because of his trash-talking.  That's not something to be proud of.

Widewing, I'd be interested in hearing your views on why the CT numbers have fallen from their pre-AH2 highs.  

- Oldman (Also, I note your distinction in being able to drive Slash to anger.  Never saw that before.)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2005, 12:03:59 PM »
So is the MA still down?:p
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
So is the MA still down?:p
Quit trying to hijack this hijack!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2005, 12:30:10 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Seems plain enough to me.  Heck, I turn off the speakers when I'm in the MA because I don't want the family to hear the foul language.  Does that drive me away?

Well....no....the vulchers and gangers and the "It's always March, 1945" are probably what drive me away...but I digress...

In my view, it's just plain silly to let a fool ruin your day.  If you enjoy the different things the CT has to offer, then you're letting a bully run your life if you leave because of his trash-talking.  That's not something to be proud of.

True, but I am not like that.  I hit back.  I'd rather ask for range squelch functionality than turn off my speakers.  I'd rather see something happen to the fools than just let them have their way.  But, thats just me.

- Oldman (Also, I note your distinction in being able to drive Slash to anger.  Never saw that before.)

Sure he got angry.  We critisize while he is trying to fix.  Then, he gets critisized for trying cause he did not try the right way according to some people.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2005, 10:15:09 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Quit trying to hijack this hijack! [/Q]

hehehee:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SuperDud