Author Topic: MA is dead? (7:15CDT)  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
MA is dead? (7:15CDT)
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2005, 09:08:14 PM »
Widewing though I don't frequent the CT often I was there the other night when the MA went down and saw what happenend.

The person in question repeatedly in all caps demanded people even up the sides.  He was initially ignored until he said "Even up the sides Damnit".  He was then told to watch it by one of the admins.  He proceeded to verbally attack the admin at that point.  Inwhich the admin had told him it wasn't the first time he had acted up and the admin had film of him doing it.  

Needless to say some of the others jumped on the guy too but it wasn't the admins trying to bully anyone nor abuse their admin rights.  The person was out of line.

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2005, 10:52:44 PM »
Widewing,

You honestly really have no basis to state what you are saying.  In the 3 years I have been flying the CT, I have never seen you there.  One night that the MA is dead, you come to the CT and you now feel you should "advise" the CT staff on how to run the arena???

What would've gone over better than a fart in church would have been to have approached one of the CT staffers privately about how we run the arena.   The CT is a completely different animal than the MA or the TA.  Easiest example.....we use the Blue text in order to identify ourselves as staffers.... that way, those new to the arena will know that we are staffers and they can ask questions, or point out when something is amiss with the setup.  

See, in the CT...the staffers control the settings and the setup, as do the CM's in the SEA.  Someone who is new to the arena could be in there flying around, not understanding why the dar isn't the same as the MA, or why the fuel setting is different, or why aren't all the planes available, or why doens't the planeset match up with the MOTD...etc...etc...etc.   I think you see where I am headed.

Staffers do not use the blue text as a means to "impress [others] with their authority", and frankly it is insulting that you would state that we do.  Maybe you should spend a little more time than one night in the arena before you step off criticizing (sp?) those who give their free time to keep it running.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 10:57:24 PM by 1Duke1 »
Duke

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2005, 11:37:40 PM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
Widewing,

You honestly really have no basis to state what you are saying.  In the 3 years I have been flying the CT, I have never seen you there.  One night that the MA is dead, you come to the CT and you now feel you should "advise" the CT staff on how to run the arena???

No offense Duke, but if you haven't seen me in the TA during the past three years, it's because you can't remember beyond one. I was a frequent player in the CT, often spending the majority of my time there. Just go back a year or so and check my stats.

I've seen lots of staffers come and go. Some good, some not so good. I also appreciate the time spent setting up the CT. I spend 50 hours or more a month in the TA, as well as helping to write the new training manual. So, don't think that you guys are unusual because you donate your time.

I stopped flying in the TA because of the cliques, the frequently obnoxious staff and the rinse & repeat setups. I also find it amusing that most if not all the staffers are in the same squad.

Listen guys, you have your sandbox, so play anyway you like. However, the fact that we had 4 to 5 times the numbers in the TA than you had in the CT tonight, that tells me that all is not well. When I logged on around 9 PM EST, there were 4 guys in the CT. I can remember when there would be 30-40 on a Friday night. So, what happened?

As to using God text, I don't buy your premise. If someone has a question, they'll ask it whether or not you have identified yourselves.... God almighty, you're crackin' me up! LOLOLOL In the TA, if someone needs to talk with a trainer, they need only ask if a trainer is online, or check the roster. But you guys use the God text for all conversation, that God forbid, someone might not realize that you're staffers! LOLOLOLOL Which one of those 4 guys on tonight didn't already know?

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2005, 01:09:24 AM »
I don't come onto the training BB and criticize the training staff on how they run the TA...so why should you come onto the CT board and criticize the CT staff on how or what we do in the arena??  

I went back and looked at your stats....want to compare??  

I went back 14 months...you spent a grand total of 3 hours, 14 mins and 12 seconds in the CT arena.  For my time I only went back 12 months....I had roughly 340 hours in the arena during this period (not including this month, March).  I didn't worry about going back further as I figure the point has been made that I probably *know* the arena better than you.

Your statements about how the arena was "back when I flew the CT" mean nothing now.  The arena has changed...the game has changed....the STAFF has changed.

So, don't think that you guys are unusual because you donate your time.

Never said we were special....obviously you don't know what it takes to run a setup in the CT, or maintain one.  "Blue" speak is easier for me to setup once than to try and switch back and forth, so I use it to talk to all....see I actually use all the channels in the radio setup when I am flying.

and the rinse & repeat setups. I also find it amusing that most if not all the staffers are in the same squad.

Rinse and repeat??? So what's different in the MA except the terrain????

Also...guess you DO need us to talk in the blue text...because the statement "most if not all" the staffers are in the same squad is completely wrong...do you know who the staffers are???  Obviously not, so why would you post this???

You really should get an understanding of what's going on, and what's been going on before you jump to conclusion's and assumptions about the CT arena.  The CT has changed, and will continue to change....the numbers don't make an arena like this...it's the people who are flying the arena at the time who do.  

In the MA, nothing changes.....same planeset vs. same planeset....only the terrain is different.  In the CT your actually challenged to fly an aircraft against it's historical opponent.   Yeah...there is some gameyness....but, hell...this is a game.  But can you really compare the gameyness in the CT to the gameyness that is the MA????
Duke

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2005, 02:35:28 AM »
Nonetheless, it is good advice.

Maybe it is your world. Forgive me if I choose not to heed it when its coming from some one like you. You have done nothing but post your assumptions of reality which I know for a fact are wrong. You start by posting a story that for lack of a better word is a lie. Then denounce the CT staffers as power hungry little dictators. You dont know me or any other CT staffer Im guessing.

As to using God text, I don't buy your premise. If someone has a question, they'll ask it whether or not you have identified yourselves.... God almighty, you're crackin' me up! LOLOLOL In the TA, if someone needs to talk with a trainer, they need only ask if a trainer is online, or check the roster. But you guys use the God text for all conversation, that God forbid, someone might not realize that you're staffers! LOLOLOLOL Which one of those 4 guys on tonight didn't already know?

Gee, sounds like you're the one with the power trip to me. Is the fact that the CT staffers are actually active as players somehow offensive to you? Seems pretty odd to me that you get so bent out of shape because some one uses "God" text.:rolleyes:  Duke has already explained why we choose to use the staff text as we do but that really doesnt matter. You obviously have some kind of ego issue and feel compelled to mark your territory now. So go piss in your sandbox. We are ok without you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:50:28 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2005, 02:43:06 AM »
I stopped flying in the TA because of the cliques, the frequently obnoxious staff and the rinse & repeat setups. I also find it amusing that most if not all the staffers are in the same squad.

Are you talking about the CT?

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2005, 09:36:49 AM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
I went back and looked at your stats....want to compare??  

I went back 14 months...you spent a grand total of 3 hours, 14 mins and 12 seconds in the CT arena.  For my time I only went back 12 months....I had roughly 340 hours in the arena during this period (not including this month, March).  I didn't worry about going back further as I figure the point has been made that I probably *know* the arena better than you.

Your statements about how the arena was "back when I flew the CT" mean nothing now.  The arena has changed...the game has changed....the STAFF has changed.

My first CT visit was during tour 4. I flew in the CT every tour from tour 8 thru tour 23, logging as many as 130 hours in one of those, to as little as 2 hours. I'm no stranger to it.

Yeah, the staff has changed (as I noted). I liked some aspects of the CT and disliked others. Gradually I saw the CT evolving into an aerial frat house, suffering from the effects of inbreeding. I watched the population decline as players lost interest. Today you can find more veteran players in the TA than in the CT.

You stated:
"In the MA, nothing changes.....same planeset vs. same planeset....only the terrain is different. In the CT your actually challenged to fly an aircraft against it's historical opponent. Yeah...there is some gameyness....but, hell...this is a game. But can you really compare the gameyness in the CT to the gameyness that is the MA????"

Well, there's plenty of variety in the MA. And there's plenty of gamey behavior in the CT too.

Want a challenge? Fly the IL-2 or SBD as a fighter for a tour in the MA. You can set your own challenges, you don't need a special arena for that. And what about historical opponents? Let's see, the recent Tunisia set-up was proposed with the SpitV. That's what it said in MOTD. But, staffers added the SpitIX and P-47D-11, neither of which saw action in North Africa during 1943. Am I mistaking, or was the SpitV removed due to whining about how uber it had become? So, when some regulars piss and moan, the historical set-up gets changed to a non-historical set-up, is that correct?

One thing you may have misunderstood Duke, it wasn't just the God text that put me off, but the constant scolding of players that irritated me, like the strutting rooster crowing to impress the hens. Maybe I saw something that could be an isolated issue, I merely told you the impression it left with me. Nonetheless, you guys confirm that this arena is actively dominated by the staff, and that is a mistake IMHO.

Here's the bottom line ladies: Despite the name calling and general nastiness of slash27 and the typical defensive BS I expected, the numbers don't lie.

The fact that the CTs numbers are the lowest I've ever seen is evidence that whatever is being done, it isn't working. So, no matter how you rationalize things, justify policy or defend your position, you still have to answer one question.

Why is it that a dead skunk draws a bigger crowd than the CT?

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 09:39:56 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2005, 09:44:32 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27

Are you talking about the CT?

Yes, a typo on my part...

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2005, 09:59:46 AM »
I personally don't fly in the CT because of the elitist attitude from several of the people who frequent there.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2005, 10:00:45 AM »
Despite the name calling and general nastiness of slash27 and the typical defensive BS I expected, the numbers don't lie.

What name calling and how was I nasty? By calling you on your post? You perpatrate some bs about me and get offended because Im defensive?

but the constant scolding of players that irritated me,

Which wasnt what happened.

the numbers don't lie.

No, but you do.

The fact that the CTs numbers are the lowest I've ever seen is evidence that whatever is being done, it isn't working. So, no matter how you rationalize things, justify policy or defend your position, you still have to answer one question.

Why should I try to justify anything to you? Your mind was made up before you went in the CT the other night. There are a number of reasons why the CT numbers are low. They were never high to begin with. They were however consistantly in the 30-40 range almost nightly with higher numbers on squad nights. When AH2 was released there was no CT for awhile. When it was opened back up there were no CT maps available and the numbers dropped to nothing. The new maps were slow in coming and the numbers havent been the same since. There are more issues than just that that hold the CT like some regulars berating anyone who ventures in to their backyard. It does nothing for the CT but for some reason they cant get that through thier head. The majority arent like that but thats never taken into consideration and seems too much damage has been done to reverse this immpression for some. But you can feel free to keep pointing your finger at me and keep trying to portray me as an ego tripping power hungry little bully. Just dont go to whining when I respond to your bs.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 10:05:09 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2005, 10:04:52 AM »
Slash, you already know this, but the loudest of the CT sandbox bullies has stated that he WANTS the CT to stay very small. I believe he intentionally wants to run away new folks so he can keep it to himself. Its rather unfortunate.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2005, 10:08:16 AM »
Well atleast Widewing seems to have uncovered the real truth:rolleyes:

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2005, 10:10:43 AM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh
Been their... Doing that...

I've at least got her to the point of just taping it then fast forwarding through the crap.  Cuts an hour program down to about 30 minutes.

I admit to complaining about American Idol, but that is largely misplaced. See, I get some demerits for refusing to watch it with her (which are ameliorated largely by asking her to watch Discovery Wings with me), but now that American Idol is on three days a week (!!!) I get that time to spend flying :D

WRT taping...DVR is your friend!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2005, 10:18:32 AM »
I personally don't fly in the CT because of the elitist attitude from several of the people who frequent there.

Im not so sure its an elitist attitude so much as a school yard bully attitude anymore. I have seen many posts from CT regulars who feel the CT is a better place to fly than the MA because they enjoy the two sided historical set up. Alot of those threads get interpruted wrongly by some and it breaks down i to a flame fest. On the other side of that you have a vocal minority who gets alot of attention in the CT due to their piss poor attitudes. They seem to take pleasure in running people off then proclaim themselves as king of the sandbox. This then reflects on all CT regulars as a bunch of mouthy elist punks. When Im on I try to keep things as civil as possible as do the other staffers. Apparently this is the wrong approach and they should be able to continue this behavior because its "thier $15" and the staffers are on a power trip if they intervine.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2005, 10:24:32 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Why should I try to justify anything to you? Your mind was made up before you went in the CT the other night. There are a number of reasons why the CT numbers are low. They were never high to begin with. They were however consistantly in the 30-40 range almost nightly with higher numbers on squad nights. When AH2 was released there was no CT for awhile. When it was opened back up there were no CT maps available and the numbers dropped to nothing. The new maps were slow in coming and the numbers havent been the same since. There are more issues than just that that hold the CT like some regulars berating anyone who ventures in to their backyard. It does nothing for the CT but for some reason they cant get that through thier head. The majority arent like that but thats never taken into consideration and seems too much damage has been done to reverse this immpression for some. But you can feel free to keep pointing your finger at me and keep trying to portray me as an ego tripping power hungry little bully. Just dont go to whining when I respond to your bs.

You are so easy to debate, because you can't avoid getting personal. It isn't about a lack of maps, it isn't about a limited plane set, it's a people problem, and alway has been. Try to understand that.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing