Author Topic: Poll: Use of the bailed out pilot handgun  (Read 1861 times)

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 12:23:49 PM »
i was waiting for LTARDS to come up in this convo. the whole .45 thing i tried it a couple of times and shot a friendly both times now thats the fastest way to the tower. it a cool thing to have can see it comes in handy to kill troops but other then that na. and you got to get close enough to my osti to do that to me and why i got to be an LTARD i was starting to like LTURDS hehehehe :D

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
Poll: Use of the bailed out pilot handgun
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
It required two hits for me to kill an enemy chutist; but, I wasn't going for the  head shot. The text never said who I killed; but I guess he was pretty unhappy, because 30 seconds later his Spitfire pal straffed me out of existence.

TEShaw

Offline DaYooper

• Copper Member
Poll: Use of the bailed out pilot handgun
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 06:57:24 PM »
I've shot troops on the ground defending the maproom.

I know Kaos1 has also killed troops on the ground and has shot bombers out of the sky as they flew by (If you don't believe me, go check the scores and you'll see he as 3 kills in a chute).

Killing bombers is unrealistic, but having a .45 on the ground is fun for those who want it and a non-issue for those who don't use it.

I'd like to see HiTech create LMG, MMG, HMG, Bazooka/Panzerfaust, Mortars etc and give the option of leading the troops from the M-3 or C-47 with commands like [pause],[advance to maproom], and [assault].

I see this doing 2 desirable things such as:
1) Creating pitched land battles that would cry for coordinated air support,
2) Creating more ground targets for the Jabo/Attack planes

For those who are against the .45, you can have it when you pry my cold dead fingers off of it.