Author Topic: Poll: Use of the bailed out pilot handgun  (Read 1859 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Poll: Use of the bailed out pilot handgun
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:46:54 PM »
after years and years of asking for this gameplay feature, i am curious how many use it?

myself: i used it offline 1 time, and in game one time to help mark a tiger, only to be complained about because the attackers kill-shot themselves on my pilot dude.

since then i have not used the feature in game. i have also not seen anyone in a "chute" running around capping peeps. i have heard of one squaddie who was trying to vulch one time, but that is all.

how about yourself? i am just honestly asking, as it was something so desperatly begged for in the 3+ years i have been here, with much debate on both sids of the argument.

I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 03:10:42 PM »
I've never bailed close enough to a town to hide in the maproom.  However in defending towns in a GV, I've seen  countrymen that have hidden in the maproom with their trusty 0.45.  If you fly LW planes do you get a Luger?

No film is circulating where people have killed troops, or is there?  Love to see it, LOL

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 03:14:49 PM »
I don't see the use of bailing out at all. It's a much faster ride to the tower if you stick with the aircraft :)

I could see it being useful for goon defense but it's kind of unfair that they can't shoot back.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:34:37 PM »
I attempt to bail most of the time.  The ability to .ef while in floating down helps speed up the process if no opportunities to use the .45 exist.  I once hit the wing of someone attempting to deflate my silk on the way down; no apparent damage. :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 03:37:39 PM »
last week i bailed over an enemy base just as a b24 was coming in to land...right as he hit the runway we captured the base...i fired once at him, he ended the mission, and i got the kill =).

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 03:38:26 PM »
I have 3 or 4  kills with the gun.

I had to bail out over an enemy base, and sat at the end of the runway.  I hit 6 or so planes as they were taking off, and several of them died later, giving me the kills.  

Was fun sitting by the runway, shooting at the canopy/Pilot and trying for an insta-kill.  Never got one, but will try again the next time I have to bail out over a base.

Ouch out.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 03:59:52 PM »
One of my squaddies was trying planejack, think he got some assists. Also had a capture attempt fail 3 times. We had no clue what was happening til someone piped up on 200 bragging about hiding the maproom. 1 Bomb later.... no trouble at all.

As far as films righty, troops still don't show up on film, and I'm not even sure chutes do.

As far as squealing for the sidearm to work, I don't think anyone realized the miserable trajectory the .45 would have (i was none too pleasantly surprised). I suppose the scale of the game lures us into thinking d200 is reaaaal close, but that 45 seems more like a mortar round the way it flies at that distance. Maybe if I could use my little silkchimp to climb up on the badguy's plane...

Grand Theft Auto V: Mindanao
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 04:02:06 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Grand Theft Auto V: Mindanao
ROFLMFAO!!!1

scarily thats exactly what i think some younger member thought it would be with a handgun lol
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Anchor

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 04:07:05 PM »
I've got a few kills vulching with the .45. Apparently, they have no idea where it is coming from. A couple of times I have .s saluted them (heheh) and got a private message like:

"wtf!!!. Cheating bastage....I'm calling..."

Tip. Get one round in the wing then one on the cowling. Then watch the fireworks...hehe.

BTW, its useless I think except for the laughter.

Skeeter0

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 04:35:21 PM »
if i were really really board i just might use the handgun, i would probably be seen running around with a .45 long before i ever sat in a gv tho.

Offline baine1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 09:02:42 PM »
I managed to take out the gun in an m16. Got it on film. I kept plinking at the inviso-gunner until something flew out of the halftrack and it started to smoke.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 09:07:20 PM »
Well so far I shot myself in the foot,  shot at a tree got bark in my eye,  saw a squirrel shot at it and it caught the bullet and threw it back at me hitting me in the other eye..  Lmao! it looks like a bb flying through the air!

Limping, blind I tried to run to the base because now the squirrel is chasing me, the squirrel passes me , flips me the bird says never to come back or he'll kick me butt .  Too bad this pilot guy Can Not run fast at All!   cant hardly tell difference between run and walk,  now you know why. He needs to be able to run faster then he runs now (real or not) to be fun.

Also a little upset because I thought for sure you'd have the option to hold the gun sideways like in the movies.   J/K

Its cool to have something to do if ya bail and wana hang out .. Should be able to reload on the hot pad  at any base  :)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 09:13:37 PM »
I watched a squadie, Pirate, landing the other night while there was a chute in the middle of the runway. Before he could get stopped, the chute smoked his engine. LOL.

I've bailed out and sat at the runway spawn shooting pilots in the head. If your quick about it, and accurate, you can kill them.

I also had Wolfala and Hapstur hit me in my plane  with their 45 after quickly bailing out when I killed them.

Dam good shot to make on a plane doing nearly 300mph with a 45 auto lol.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Ratnick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 09:17:35 PM »
On 2 occasions so far I bailed out over an enemy field and took out a manned ack. On another occasion I saw a guy next to me on the runway trying to shoot my plane. I tried to run him over and was disappointed when I couldn't chop him to pieces with my prop. I acutally saw and killed a guy standing near the map room waiting to kill our troops, it was pure chance that I looked over and saw him. I'll be making a point to look for the little fellas next time.

Not sure if I'm satisfied with the expolsion effect, maybe the head popping off like a tank turret would be better.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 09:48:18 PM »
Originally posted by plank
I don't see the use of bailing out at all. It's a much faster ride to the tower if you stick with the aircraft :)

I could see it being useful for goon defense but it's kind of unfair that they can't shoot back.

Actually depending on the alt your at, the bail out will get you to the tower faster. If I get toasted at 10K and my plane is floundering to the ground. I hit bail then type .ef and I am instantly back in the tower. No waiting on the plane to spiral to the ground.  As for using the .45 I tried it out when it was introduced, and have not touched it since.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH