Author Topic: JG54 in the CT, good or bad?  (Read 5702 times)

VWE

JG54 in the CT, good or bad?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2005, 12:39:45 PM »
Expand on that  Ren, this is an open disscusion. A generalization doesn't help us go forward. I go in and fly and mostly hear only from the minority, that's whay I asked the question on the General board and not the CT board.

VWE

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2005, 12:41:33 PM »
Thanks for the input Jaxxo. :aok

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2005, 01:11:04 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Expand on that  Ren, this is an open disscusion. A generalization doesn't help us go forward. I go in and fly and mostly hear only from the minority, that's whay I asked the question on the General board and not the CT board.

I already did. You know it. Others know it. Talking about it won't do anything to fix it. Your bringing it away from the CT and into the mainstream general discussion forum only re-enforces the fact there is a problem there. It begins with the arena moderators and works its way down to the few players in there. Skuzzy asked the question. "why isn't anyone sending him emails concerning the mess the CT iso of whining about it on the boards". Most adults drop in for some fun, determine it's a mess and leave without saying a thing. After all, there are other arenas they can go to so why mess with problems.

At one point in time many squads went over there and enjoyed themselves. Now yer lucky to have 10 peeps in there. Noob's used to go in there to get a handle on flying without the SA required to fly the MA and it was a good thing. Now they opt for the MA any day over putting up with the attitudes of the CT.

Ren

VWE

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »
Attitudes are changing Ren, seen some big adjustments this past weekend partly because of this thread I believe.

Tuesdays and Thursadys are the big nights now and usually now have 40+ peeps in there including participation from MA squads.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2005, 01:32:55 PM »
Thats a good thing. Hopefully the one weekend of change will continue. It's sometimes hard for change to happen and requires continuous work.

Most of those who have been slighted and turned away, for whatever reasons, may venture back in. If change is truely afoot perhaps their attitude will reverse.

It won't happen overnight but sounds like a good beginning.

Ren

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2005, 08:50:22 PM »
A night in CT:

Sat night I think....at one point there were more  JG54 than Rooks total...(15 guys in arena, on average--id post screenshot of roster, but havent a clue how;) had a JG54 guy on our base in a tiger....later same guy was there in OStI ...then deck buffs came.....I got vulched (once)...said somethin to vulcher--he defended it as 'protecting his bombers', as he landed his kills for the precious kill message---planes already in the AIR are somewhat more a threat to buffs than one just starting engines...he was being shot at as he vulched me...we got in somewhat of a pi$$ing match over that (my response was deck buffs are dweeby in and of themselves, and if they were even 5k, a plane on taxi wouldnt be a threat) (rooks already in the air kilt the afore-mentioned JU88's) ...blah..blah,..blah, the guy told me to take my whiny self back to the MA.... As I further pointed out the country # difference, a nice JG guy named N7 came over our side for a bit. ..On whole, had SOME great fights, but with 15-20 guys, base-taking, jabo-stuff, for which most squads exist, is utterly pointless. People who dont want to get watermelon beat out of them every night seem to have joined the JG54---5 of the top ten ranked guys in CT are in that squad. (In fairness to JG54, the situation prolly exists on other side, I just havent flown against the rest to notice) I realize most squads in CT have great disdain for the MA, but they act exACTLY like the squads in the MA---attack in masse, come in absurdly high...avoid any sort of adversity--I dont see a place for them--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
Re: JG54 in the CT, good or bad?
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2005, 10:44:23 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
O.k. guys I'd love to hear from anyone who has been in the CT and feels that I or my squad are as bad as some people think. Coversly I'd like to hear anything possitive anyone might have to say too. :aok

Okay, after reading this post and all the comments I thought I would go to the CT (I go about once every 2 months) and give it a chance again.

What a load of crap!

Yes VWE, one of your squad members (I'll withhold the name) would only HO me.  I was in a Mossie, he was in a Run90.  No turning, no gentlemen's fight, just plain old MA HO and loop, HO and loop.  (and no, I was not the "instigator"...got the video if you would like)

Pathetic.

The fight before I was 1 vs. 2.  I was P47-D25 vs a 109G-10 and a 190D.  YOU WOULD squealing THINK I WOULDN'T GET HO'D!!!!  But no, even with 2 vs 1 odds (against the uber planes), I got HO'd by the 109 and sent packing.

And BTW, someone earlier flying LW had requested I stay out of a 1 vs. 1 fight.  I acknowledged on Ch200 I would.  Nothing against the 2 vs 1 fight, I enjoy the challenge, but to only be able to set up a HO shot with a wingman????????

Think that was it for me and the CT.  Never again.  If I want to get HO'd I'll head to the MA and not spend 10 minutes climbing to 25K+ plus another 10 min more flying to the 3 NME guys.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2005, 10:47:20 PM »
WHO

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2005, 10:48:04 PM »
FRIKKIN

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2005, 10:48:49 PM »
CARES

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2005, 11:37:55 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
WHO

FREKKIN

CARES

I did...

for a bit...

idea of CT nice, but ain't nothing but a mini-MA

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2005, 07:43:20 AM »
Gotta love the added value Stang brought to the table. Is he in your group VWE? He acts like his IQ is the equivilent of a donut. What a dolt! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: JG54 in the CT, good or bad?
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2005, 07:58:46 AM »
Originally posted by XrightyX
Think that was it for me and the CT.  Never again.  If I want to get HO'd I'll head to the MA and not spend 10 minutes climbing to 25K+ plus another 10 min more flying to the 3 NME guys.

Yo, Righty.  Saw you in there just before I had to log.  Couple of comments, if I may.

Head-ons have been a much-debated topic, as we all know.  You're going to get them in all arenas, all of the time.  Avoid them if you see them coming.  Nothing unique to the CT there.

While there wasn't a huge number of people in the CT when you were there (something like 16?), the sides were even and the fights were occurring between nearby bases.  Don't think you can find a fight any quicker in the MA, except when your base is being vulched.

Personally, I thought the quality of the fights last night was very good.  CT is not the DA, so 2 v. 1 and 2 v.2 are fairly common and, I think, quite a bit of fun.  I saw people pulling away from fights in order to keep them from becoming 3-1 (Lowe and Nachwuch immediately come to mind).  Saw quite a few new faces (yours included!).  There was no trash-talking, there was quite a bit of post-mortem analysis, all in all I thought it was a good night for the CT.  

Come on back.  I'll bet you start to enjoy it.

- oldman

VWE

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2005, 08:25:05 AM »
No Ren, we have no stang in JG54... I got cherry picked by a couple of you new guys while in a 1 on 1 fight last night. I didn't complain out it, I just grabbed another plane and went back out. :aok

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2005, 09:00:32 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
No Ren, we have no stang in JG54... I got cherry picked by a couple of you new guys while in a 1 on 1 fight last night.

Me? Last night? New? In the CT?

I plead the 5th. I was not up last night :). I was at work...arggghhh...work! Well it does help me pay the bills..never mind...New? Me? Im an old phaurt! :D Opps, are you joshing me and using that figure of speech stuff again?

Ren :cool: