Author Topic: what's this mean?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2005, 07:14:44 PM »
well but the MAC, an apple product was not. Their earlier computers were.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2005, 01:43:03 AM »
Remember :

Plus I heard was buggy like hell (never used 1.0 myself)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2005, 01:48:53 AM »
Internet explorer sucks, microsoft sucks, windows sucks, and microsoft's alleged "support" for said sucking windows sucks. I would never even consider using a PC for something other than gaming and "acquiring" media. Microsoft has been spending their money on marketing instead of R & D since their inception, and have consistently put out an inferior product.

My advice? Buy a Mac. Even a Mac Mini... can upgrade it to a G4 fairly easily relatively cheap. The entire time I've used a Mac, do you know what the only thing that has ever crashed is? Microsoft Word.

By the way... what possible reason could there be to use IE over firefox? Even if IE 7.0 does something better than firefox, it won't for long. Firefox will just upgrade and continue to be better than anything microsoft puts out.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 01:51:59 AM by wetrat »
Army of Muppets

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
what's this mean?
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2005, 02:34:30 AM »
Anyway back to SP2, go ahead and install it everything will work fine. You will have to do it anyway. I would bet that the next generation of DirectX  will require SP2. As far as IE goes I have to use it to check scores on the HTC website cause there is no mozilla support, other than that I use Fire Fox for all my browsing.
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2005, 09:06:20 AM »
Back in the day, our squadron (SBM: Nash, Scoob, Hedgehog, Storm, etc.) were all Macs.

Used to be a phenomenal pain in the bellybutton trying to fly head to head with Graphsim F-18.

One by one, we all jumped over to PC. I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but the reason to go to PC wasn't software. It was hardware. To upgrade a Mac, usually meant buying a new one. Even with the old 133mhz PC, you could make great gains in performance just by upgrading a video card or adding RAM or even changing out the processor. Try changing your processor on a Mac. Can you do that yet?
sand

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2005, 02:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
...Try changing your processor on a Mac. Can you do that yet?

You could do it since at least the 7500 (about '95).

I also had on hell of a time hooking up with the SBM's for a little Hornet fun.  I can't remember who I used to irc with trying to get that damn thing to work.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2005, 02:48:36 PM »
Damn... memory is slipping... I did change the CPU on a Performa 636. Took it up from 33 MHz to 66 Mhz... it used both chips though, and there was a control panel to select the one you wanted to use. Damn thing cost me $600.
sand

Offline lada

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2005, 03:16:09 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
What does not work with SP2?

One of my friends have noteebook whitch get Blue dead after installing SP2 ...

And she is not the only one around me....
However Bill make it easier to migrate to *nix or open solaris for us.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2005, 03:17:58 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Remember :

Plus I heard was buggy like hell (never used 1.0 myself)

at that time i were still afraid of the dark ... sorry  :D

+ It were made by IBM, silly billy just bought it .... he were programmer at that time...... I DID READ :D

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2005, 03:19:39 PM »
first version of windows I actually used was 3.0 I think...before that did all computer work in MS-DOS..but I was young at the time.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline lada

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2005, 03:27:47 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Then why do people buy MS when other OS's are free?

coz they think that if they gonna pay for something, they will get something value.

And there is not lovely advetisment with big smilling idiot and freaking **** on the BB belong highway, on other OS's

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2005, 03:29:36 PM »
Where can I get Linux for free...they see it for about 75 bucks in the Navy Exchange...I forget what version...I have enogh hard drives in this machine I can run about 3 OS's if I wanted.:D
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2005, 03:49:48 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
Where can I get Linux for free...they see it for about 75 bucks in the Navy Exchange...I forget what version...I have enogh hard drives in this machine I can run about 3 OS's if I wanted.:D

Download it http://www.debian.org/

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »
Thanx! Looks complicated to install(I'm better with hardware than software)...but when I get the time I'll give it a shot.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Download it http://www.debian.org/

straffo my dear friend ....

come on debian sux ... gentoo rulEZ :D :D :D

even Xbox run on gentoo :cool:

geeeeeeenttttttoooooooooooooo ooo

damm im nerd