Author Topic: what's this mean?  (Read 2521 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2005, 03:36:11 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
ever here of open office? Go to http://www.openoffice.org for your free, MS compatible version of MS Office.

hehe problem is when you open document with 200+ pages.

Things work like this ... OO release full version, whitch can import, export MS w/o problem.... few weeks later MS release Hotfix for MS Office and compactibility is history.

Even XML. Whole world were expecting that XML will be finaly some normalized data format... but upss.... Microsoft`s Super mega cool Office 2003 SUPPORT XML   ( in the meaning XML by microsoft whitch is not compactible with world wide XML format)

The day when they will stop doing sutch things, 30-40% costumers will migrate asap.

Anyway im happy user of OO on all platforms :)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2005, 03:38:34 AM »
Originally posted by JB73

heck if i didn't have windoze i still today wouldn't be ab;e to see my expanded stats in AH

Do you mean those IE stats only ?

It works well in every browser, all you have to do is just to disable Java scripting

edit [that advise has been given to me by ZkuSSynator in the past ]   :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 03:48:58 AM by lada »

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
what's this mean?
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2005, 08:42:18 AM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
Thanx! Looks complicated to install(I'm better with hardware than software)...but when I get the time I'll give it a shot.

If you need something easy to install try

Fedora Core 3

It has allmost all you need.

I use it and I've dropped Windows (accept at work :( )

Also I have found if you read (I mean really read) the instructions you will not have any problems with installing any linux system.

I remember that first time I've installed Debian system (4-5 years ago), I've succeed from first time not knowing anything about Unix/Linux.

Debain is very good system - take Sage Debian 3.1 - that is latest and it will be much more stable that any version of MS stuff. It seems to know little more to install it but I hadn't had any problems with installing it.

Is Linux user friendly?

Yes even more then Windows in lots of fields...

KDE or Gnome I'd prefer over MS Explorer in their lots of good little things that they do well and that I miss in explorer.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
what's this mean?
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2005, 02:11:57 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
SP2 only FUBAR's system which were/are badly in need of a reformat and reinstallation.  Or things that were poorly written to begin with.

Hehe.  Systems that badly need reformat and reinstallation.  A truly Windows remedy.  An operating system that needs reformat and reinstallation periodically to operate properly.

Here is the list of apps that MS admits doesn't work on its wonderful SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2

Terror

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2005, 03:20:12 PM »
Originally posted by Terror
Hehe.  Systems that badly need reformat and reinstallation.  A truly Windows remedy.  An operating system that needs reformat and reinstallation periodically to operate properly.

Here is the list of apps that MS admits doesn't work on its wonderful SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2

Terror

HA HA HA..Their own Virtual Machine doesn't work right.....

However, I have installed ZoneAlarm since I upgraded to SP2 and had none of the problems they listed with ZA.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
what's this mean?
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2005, 05:37:46 PM »
Many of the problem applications are effected only in the 64bit version of Windows, and not the 32 bit version ASTAC.

Yes Terror, and that is why Windows OS's should not be called operating systems, as they run like applications, and not a true operating system.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
what's this mean?
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2005, 06:03:59 PM »
I'll be honest....I like windows..I'd like to branch out and try some others....Honestly I don't know what everyones problem with MS is...So the guy was a dick and forcwe others out of business...or bought them out then crushed or stole their ideas..HELLO this is free enterprise..capitalism..free market...it all equals survival of the fittest...now if MS TRULY became the ONLY os..then I'd call "monoploy" and unfair.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
what's this mean?
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2005, 07:43:50 PM »
The use of unfair trade practices is not what "free enterprise" is all about.  Free enterprise is all about competition and allowing competition to foster through innovation and hard work.

MS gets away with its unfair trade practices simply because they have more money than the government does.  They can buy anything they need or want and remain free from persecution or prosecution in the U.S.
The times anyone, including state and local governments, has tried to handle MS in the court room, resulted in a sad display of ineptitude on the part of the prosecutors.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com