Author Topic: The CT and how people view it.....  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
The CT and how people view it.....
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2005, 06:51:50 PM »
CAPS! ANGRY CAPS! BIG `OL ANGRY CAPS!

I miss dis game, Miss Scarlett!

Changing of things not, sahib.

But referencing Toad's opinion .... neh .... don't seem spot on. HiTech's been a supporter of the CT ... not to "give enough rope." You should know that. The CT is the closest thing to "Tour of Duty" we gots right now. HT is actually into more realism. ;)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2005, 06:59:13 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker

JG54 are (from what I see here; haven't knowingly flown against them) all I despise about AH; and are CONSPICOUSLY absent from events; where they could put money where their collective mouth is.

But that would mean stepping out the sandbox.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2005, 07:03:49 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
HiTech's been a supporter of the CT ... not to "give enough rope."  

Did you talk to him about back when he made the decision? He supports it alright, but not for the reason you think.  :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2005, 07:12:59 PM »
I have always seen the CT as a place to go for some fun plane match ups, nice maps, very often a place to find some good fights and a generally laid back enviorment.

A few bad apples who are trying too hard won't ruin that image for me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2005, 07:15:59 PM »
Originally posted by allmetal

I CHALLENGE ALL CT`ERS TO SUBMIT IDEAS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

:mad: :mad: :mad:

If you'd paid attention to what I wrote at the beginning, you'd have seen that I was pointing out that for things to change I thought that the CT vets and leaders needed to be aware of how some folks are presenting themselves here in the Forum.

I never took a shot at JG54.  I suggested that while Storch's heart seems to be in the right place, as in wanting things to improve, he and the CT would be better served if the presentation was better ie; don't get in pissing contests with Skuzzy for example.

I also suggested that some, emphasis on some, of the folks associated with Storch's squad need to consider how their actions reflect on him, his squad and the CT in general.

I then got VWE telling me to shut up and fly, and now you saying you are gonna take your ball and go home ....

as for your challenge to submit ideas, I did so in this previous thread

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147811

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2005, 07:45:15 PM »
Originally posted by allmetal
shane if you got something helpful to add then by all means add it.If not then shut your pie hole cause nobody wants to hear your smartarse remarks.

one cannot help those who do not wish to be helped.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
otw to CT
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2005, 07:58:31 PM »
hope to cya there
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

VWE

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2005, 08:12:16 PM »
But that would mean stepping out the sandbox.

Slash, best this you've done for the CT lately is eat your humble pie and stay away... hope your absence becomes the norm. :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2005, 08:17:58 PM »
Yes, you hate it when you guys cant act like a bunch of three year olds when Im around. How old are you anyway?

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2005, 08:22:02 PM »
Ok allmetal. Let me pull up my soapbox. The problem with the CT is the gaminess that goes along with the egos that are present.
Whats funny about the egos is that none of us are close to being top sim pilots. Yet the mouths run talking crap about runners and gangers yet we dont hesitate to run or gang. Now getting ganged is common place in the CT. But sinking CV's or parking CV's right off shore, base capturing, Vulching with GV's or vulching period then saying its not vulching cus wheels were up is crazy. DAR has made the CT a better place for guys like me who just want to fight. To attract more players we need to cut out the gaminess and egos. Let 1 v 1 be 1 v 1. Just keep the fights even. No need to talk trash over ch 1. and show some respect. Basically we need an arena full of oldmans.

On a side note my first encounter with shane wasnt pleasant. He trashed talked me and my fighting even tho I was new. I told him to shut up and fly. Not long after I asked him to show me his reversal. We went to the DA and he was a great instructor. How many trash talkers in the CT will do that?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2005, 08:25:21 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
How many trash talkers in the CT will do that?

None?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2005, 11:38:31 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Slash, best this you've done for the CT lately is eat your humble pie and stay away... hope your absence becomes the norm. :aok

Funny how it all works.  There were a few of us in there tonite.  Slash stopped in to check to see if things were working ok.  He didn't have time to fly, but was making sure the CT was working fine.

Kinda nice, I thought, that he did so.

A couple of us went into the MA to try and get some folks to come fly and we had a bit of luck. Fights were good for the most part.

Sadly, I think it irked Storch a bit as he blasted the 38 drivers, and implied it was an uber plane, then made some other comments about people coming in, almost like we'd invaded his personal domain.

That's the stuff I was talking about when I started this thread. Storch clearly has invested a lot of time and energy into the CT.  For that he is to be commended.  At the same time, because he is so visibile, his reaction to new folks coming in should be a positive one.

Allmetal piped in to this thread telling us to do something about it.  OK we did.  We went and got some MA folks to come fly and folks had fun.

You can't have it both ways though.  It's going to take some real effort by the regulars to give those folks we can get into theCT from the MA, to come back again, and part of that is the interaction between people on both sides.

Very serious kudos to BatfinkV for the tone he was setting and the work he did to get MA folks to come fly the CT.  He had far better luck then I did.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2005, 12:00:30 AM »
Overall its pretty simple. Just treat each other with respect and understand that there are limitations to exactly how much we as players and staffers can do to make this a "historical" matchup arena.

I learned a long time ago that you can't please everyone all of the time so its best to just no worry about it and move on.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2005, 12:41:52 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Very serious kudos to BatfinkV for the tone he was setting and the work he did to get MA folks to come fly the CT.

Dan/CorkyJr

:aok
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2005, 12:45:41 AM »
Sadly, I think it irked Storch a bit as he blasted the 38 drivers, and implied it was an uber plane, then made some other comments about people coming in, almost like we'd invaded his personal domain.

I tried the CT once lately since maybe 6 months.

The nothin like being insulted by"elitist" wablle pilots.

I never forget the warm cozy feeling other player give u there :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 12:50:26 AM by BUG_EAF322 »