Author Topic: Niki vs Hellkitty  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 10:44:50 AM »
Let me qualify my statement...it wouldn't matter if I was in a US or Japanese ride on the time I would last in a fight.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 10:50:07 AM »
F4U-1C has 328 Kills of N1K2 tour 38
N1K2 has 305 Kills of F4U-1C

F4U-1D has 17 Kills of N1K2 tour 38
N1K2 has 84 Kills of F4U-1D

F6F-5 has 54 Kills of N1K2 tour 38
N1K2 has 102 Kills of F6F-5

F6F-5 has 17 Kills of Ki-61
Ki-61 has 20 Kills of F6F-5

Bf 109F-4 has 28 Kills of Spitfire V tour 37
Spitfire V has 34 Kills of Bf 109F-4

Bf 109G-2 has 12 Kills of Spitfire V tour 37
Spitfire V has 15 Kills of Bf 109G-2

keep the plane sets competitive  ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 10:52:10 AM by soda72 »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »
If JG54 would fly some scenarios or special events, they'd know that the G10 dominates the Spit V within the proper historical context, tactics, and mission parameters.  It really is no contest.  In a co-alt, co-E situation, a G10 can almost always choose to disengage and fight another day against the Spit V.  This is something that 1v1 dueling does not capture adequately.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 11:28:57 AM »
G-10 dominates the Spit V (or IX for that matter) but others, especially its historical counterpart the 109F, have a tough time.

In the arenas (I dont do duels much, though I should do a lot more of them) I dont have a lot of problems with the Niki, I find the Ki84 a much more dangerous opponent to the Blue planes. The key to killing the Niki in an F6F (from my experience anyway) is getting slow faster than the Niki can get slow. Most folks never come out of WEP when they fight, so my best results come from chopping throttle, blowing E fast, and killing the Niki before it can slow down to my speed. The F6F is so docile and stable at slow speeds, even though it doesnt turn as well as the Niki at those speeds, will allow you to get a killing shot. This is how I fly many planes really, but especially the US planes with their excellent flaps, the P-47's, F4U's and F6F seem to work well flown like this as few expect it. If you run into someone good who sees what you are doing, its usually going to end up bad because they will go verticle and exploit your intentional loss of E.

In a duel environment, where the Niki can focus completely on you, this may or may not work depending on the skill of the Niki pilot. In the arena, if you dont kill the Niki on that first try, you MAY get another, in a duel you wont. If the Niki pilot is good, I'm with Redd, it dominates the Blue planes, as does the Ki84.

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 11:31:25 AM »
I'd love to participate in some scenarios squad wise, unfortunately they are sceduled on Saturday afternoons. I work weekends... about the only thing available to me are snap shots. Now if ToD ever becomes reality I'll be there...

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 01:57:47 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
I'd love to participate in some scenarios squad wise, unfortunately they are sceduled on Saturday afternoons. I work weekends... about the only thing available to me are snap shots. Now if ToD ever becomes reality I'll be there...

AK's fly TOD friday nights in the SEA...hoopy controls the invites but I think you'd be welcome if you want to check it out...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 02:12:22 PM »
Ewwww... does that mean I have to fly with the AK's? :D

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Re: Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 02:16:09 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
no contest , Hell kitty  is dead meat . This contest is so lopsided it should never take place in the CT

just saying    ;)

Ki84  vs F4u  , way too lopsided as  well, Should never take place in the CT

Maybe if both sides flew the same planes things would be easier    ;)

Cmon Redd, leave the trolls for the other forums, k?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 02:25:37 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Ewwww... does that mean I have to fly with the AK's? :D

I'm sure we've got a hanger queen that will do just fine once we wipe the dried JG54 guts off the windshield:):D ....

Seriously though if you want to check it out I dont think we'd have a problem, I know we've had others fly with us with no problems if they're squad inst in as a group....just let me know and I'll give hoopy a heads up...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 02:37:59 PM »
Give it a try VWE. I fly Friday Squad Ops with the 325th Checkertails, and I have had a total blast the two times I've done it so far. Its a lot like the real thing, long stretches of boredom and then 30 seconds of sheer terror. Kinda like most of my dates. :)

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 03:09:34 PM »
Didn't the ckicken er checkertails disband? Yeah humble, throw my name in the hat for this Friday night.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 03:21:01 PM »
will do.....

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005, 04:02:59 PM »
Nope, 325th are alive and kicking. I have trouble flyin in formation but otherwise its great. :)

VWE

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 04:09:01 PM »
You do good just gettin the damn plane in the air grits!  .squlech grits

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »
Interesting discussion I've always considered the F6F vs N1K to be one of the best matchups in AH.  It's been my impression that the planes stack up against each other very well.  I welcome a fight against  a N1k no matter the circumstances.  I dunno maybe I've been running into sub par N1k drivers I'd like to give it a go against a experienced pilot... but against your average MA or CT goer I figure my odds were at least 50-50.  I never felt like I was at a disadvantage in my Hellcat.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.