Author Topic: Niki vs Hellkitty  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 11:29:58 PM »
Originally posted by storch
while redd sure plays a mean cartoonball keep in mind that he is at the exact other end of the sphere.  his ping rates may differ slightly from yours which may be offering him an advantage slight though it may be.

Storch trust me, my  260-280 ms ping times had no bearing on the fight , nor did any "cartoon" abilities on my part. Take one of your buddies and try for yourself

Just so you know these games have been very stable for 10 years on dial-up connections , which would give anyone in the US a ping time of around 260-300 ms. I do not believe the lag effect of ping times in the 200-300 ms range will effect the outcome of a fight.

Skuzzy would be able to answer this for you well, if you ask him

When you start to get to 500+ , that's a different matter
I come from a land downunder

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 11:33:56 PM »
you players seriously getting them high ping times? I am most times under  100ms\more often around 80ms.......does that affect me in me getting killed more than people with a higher ping?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 11:44:25 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
you players seriously getting them high ping times? I am most times under  100ms\more often around 80ms.......does that affect me in me getting killed more than people with a higher ping?

TC

TC

HT's net code is very good , I don't believe you would be able to tell the difference in a fight between a 100ms player and a 250ms player. As I said , these games were played on a dialup modem for years, many people still do.  Packet loss is the more noticeable net effect

But HTC can best answer that for you , he knows his stuff way better than I do

It's been discussed before.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2005, 12:09:42 AM »
I dont have any feel that anything other then Redd and the nikki were involved:). It wasnt exactly a stellar merge on my end...but once I get by the 1st shot you can clearly see the difference in the verticals....the kitty simply cant get the nose up and I'm locked into a decending defensive fight until I simply run out of alt & E. From my perspective the only real chance I have is to either clearly win the merge or go for the front quarter shot on the "remerge"....once past that I'd simply but the nose down and extend....later on I did exactly that and got away but of course we reengaged almost on the deck and with no alt to play with the kitty poofed pretty quickly. Basically the kittyhas to come in hot and either go long and try for the perch or go pure angles and gain a quick look....either way when the 15 second shot clock expires he better get out of dodge. Once the nikki can force a shot denial out of the F6 and initiate the type of sequence above the initiative passes almost irreversibly to the nikki (IMO).

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2005, 12:15:56 AM »
Originally posted by humble
I dont have any feel that anything other then Redd and the nikki were involved:). It wasnt exactly a stellar merge on my end...but once I get by the 1st shot you can clearly see the difference in the verticals....the kitty simply cant get the nose up and I'm locked into a decending defensive fight until I simply run out of alt & E. From my perspective the only real chance I have is to either clearly win the merge or go for the front quarter shot on the "remerge"....once past that I'd simply but the nose down and extend....later on I did exactly that and got away but of course we reengaged almost on the deck and with no alt to play with the kitty poofed pretty quickly. Basically the kittyhas to come in hot and either go long and try for the perch or go pure angles and gain a quick look....either way when the 15 second shot clock expires he better get out of dodge. Once the nikki can force a shot denial out of the F6 and initiate the type of sequence above the initiative passes almost irreversibly to the nikki (IMO).

I'll have to look at the film...  How much did you use flaps?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2005, 12:26:40 AM »
I switched from the X-45 to the X-52 a few days ago and I'm still getting a feel. It's a twisty stick vs the toggle. I'd need to look at the clip but I was hitting button an awful lot:). But truthfully I was more focused on the rudder inputs since that whats way off "feel" wise.

Any critique is certainly welcome....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 12:37:28 AM »
I'm between 1/2 & full once we get past the initial merge and 1st shot denial. Probably on them to much to be honest...lot of rudder fluctuation and nose bounce. Pretty easyto see I'm fighting the stick. I never spin out normally but over correct at end.

However I didnt see any major flaw (beyond the merge).....possibly had a chance to extend on deck but wasnt thinking that way....especially on 1st hop. "Normally" I'd of gotten flaps back up a notch or more at points...but he's got the press on and I'm bleedingE and alt the whole time avoidingt hose 20mm.

Anything you see as a better option let me know....

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2005, 01:10:42 AM »
Redd & I had a few goes at it with the Niki vs F6f-5  and the F4U-1 against the Niki and  Ki-84 against the F4U-1

was some awesome fights, Redd was flying the  Japanese planes, and he owned the vertical in every match, only time I was able to capitalize was if he made a mistake,  and then it was a drawn out fight, but for most of the fights he walked the dog.......

He may have filmed it , am not sure but for one thing it was a pure blast of enjoyment to duke it out with him   Redd

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2005, 01:23:06 AM »
TC...

You win any of the merges? Seems like you need a clear cut edge on the merge to force the issue...just dont have the game to do it (me that is).

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2005, 02:36:53 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
no contest , Hell kitty  is dead meat . This contest is so lopsided it should never take place in the CT

just saying    ;)

Ki84  vs F4u  , way too lopsided as  well, Should never take place in the CT

Maybe if both sides flew the same planes things would be easier    ;)

There's a method to your madness Redd :)

To be honest, do folks really look at what they run into in the arena and then decide if they are going to have at it or not?

I guess I'm from the wade in and see what happens brigade.  

THat's why the Spit stuff in here is so silly to me.  Who cares, no one really dies so give it a shot?

If you are a Luftwaffe Junkie you want to fly Luftwaffe planes.  But if you are an RAF junkie you can't fly Spits?  Or if you can, you are penalized with having to fly  forever before you can get to the fight?

Again I say, who cares.  Come on ...die a little...I do it all the time in here :)

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2005, 04:57:19 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
There's a method to your madness Redd :)

To be honest, do folks really look at what they run into in the arena and then decide if they are going to have at it or not?

I guess I'm from the wade in and see what happens brigade.  

THat's why the Spit stuff in here is so silly to me.  Who cares, no one really dies so give it a shot?

If you are a Luftwaffe Junkie you want to fly Luftwaffe planes.  But if you are an RAF junkie you can't fly Spits?  Or if you can, you are penalized with having to fly  forever before you can get to the fight?

Again I say, who cares.  Come on ...die a little...I do it all the time in here :)

Dan/CorkyJr

That's the spirit Corky  -  win or lose  - it 's all about the fight.   Have had some awesome fun fights while going through this discussion process.

Just think, if they did away with score , people would just probably ..........fight    ;)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2005, 05:00:52 AM »
Originally posted by humble
TC...

You win any of the merges? Seems like you need a clear cut edge on the merge to force the issue...just dont have the game to do it (me that is).

TC  did me up really nicely in the very first fight , he is a quality opponent. From then on I had to work hard , we had some great fights and it was a hell of a  lot of fun.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2005, 05:35:40 AM »
Originally posted by storch
while redd sure plays a mean cartoonball keep in mind that he is at the exact other end of the sphere.  his ping rates may differ slightly from yours which may be offering him an advantage slight though it may be.

Something else I thought of , is that , there is no advantage or disadvantage to having a higher ping- we are basically 350 ms away from each other  so we are both in effect dealing with 1/3 of a second lag - this is pretty normal.

In a FPS the guy with the lower ping has a significant advantage, but that doesn't really apply here.

The case I mentioned to you on the radio - was a guy with an 800 ms ping who takes advantage of that lag with his flying style - that is a very rare case.

storch

Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2005, 07:21:45 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Something else I thought of , is that , there is no advantage or disadvantage to having a higher ping- we are basically 350 ms away from each other  so we are both in effect dealing with 1/3 of a second lag - this is pretty normal.

In a FPS the guy with the lower ping has a significant advantage, but that doesn't really apply here.

The case I mentioned to you on the radio - was a guy with an 800 ms ping who takes advantage of that lag with his flying style - that is a very rare case.

you're thinking too much redd.  go hop around a bit then have a vegemite sandwich. :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Niki vs Hellkitty
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2005, 07:23:17 AM »
This whole debate is about stale.

When I'm flying ETO I see Spits go down, when it's PTO I see N1k2s, and Ki84s go down. Personally I don't care what the other side flys, it's their business not mine.

If Storch wants to fly an N1K2, or Ki84 , thats his business. If somebody on the Allied side wants to fly a spit thats their business. If one plane on the other side has an advantage, guess what? Your going to see a lot of them in the air. That should be obvious to most people by now. Complaining about what the other side flys is like complaining because they won't hold still and let you kill em.

It's  competetion, people are playing to win. All of us are going to try and win. We should worry less about what our adversaries are flying, and worry more about how to fly whats available on our own side. Sheesh I went through nearly half the 8th AF's alotment of P-47s last night. That should be my biggest concern. My flying got me killed , every bit as much as JG54s 109s, and 190s.

Guys pay to fly this sim, what they fly and how they fly it is up to them. If you don't like it............... Shoot em down.:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV