Author Topic: Why our kids are out of control  (Read 1753 times)

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Why our kids are out of control
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 03:57:19 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
Hell, for starters   :mad:

Look, up until a few months ago I was probrably the biggest patriot on this bbs...but I just cannot support it anymore..our government(all 3 branches) has proven that the constiution is just toilet paper and wipe their tulips with it everyday...most people I read or hear about make me sick to my stomach..our society finds far worse things that hancuffing a child acceptable.but whine about this incident?  no part of the USA today is what our forefathers invisioned fortheir future generations. It's sad..but I feel it is irreversible..The government no longer functions for the common good. Defend it if ya want..I won't anymore.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Why our kids are out of control
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 04:00:17 PM »
why are you blaming the government for crappy parenting? as soon as you say the government is causing it, it becomes there job to fix it.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Why our kids are out of control
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 04:05:48 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
Look, up until a few months ago I was probrably the biggest patriot on this bbs...but I just cannot support it anymore..our government(all 3 branches) has proven that the constiution is just toilet paper and wipe their tulips with it everyday...most people I read or hear about make me sick to my stomach..our society finds far worse things that hancuffing a child acceptable.but whine about this incident?  no part of the USA today is what our forefathers invisioned fortheir future generations. It's sad..but I feel it is irreversible..The government no longer functions for the common good. Defend it if ya want..I won't anymore.

Sorry but going from biggest Patriot to moving out with Alec Baldwin over a five-year-old's tantrum is just too flippin funny. I'm thinking maybe you were a little shy of the patriot moniker to begin with.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »
I would have cooked and eaten her.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 04:08:04 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
why are you blaming the government for crappy parenting? as soon as you say the government is causing it, it becomes there job to fix it.

Here's why...I rarely feel the need to spank my kids, and when I do it is a firm whack on the butt...not anything to even leave much of a red mark...so one day not long ago I am taking the kids out to the car and my 4 year old decides not to hold my hand and starts to run toward the street..i tell him to stop..he looks at me with an evil smile and keeps going...I am finally able to catch him...I gave him a spank for not listening to me and for running into the street (which we have been over amny times before)..a neighbor sees it and calls CPS...as soon as I got back from the store they are at my house waiting for me with the police..I spent 5 hours that night convincing them that me and my wife do not beat our children and not to take them away..so yeah..I think when the government tries to undermine parents..they deserve some of the blame for poor parenting.

They already think it's their job to fix it..and thats the problem
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 04:10:44 PM by ASTAC »
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why our kids are out of control
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Sorry but going from biggest Patriot to moving out with Alec Baldwin over a five-year-old's tantrum is just too flippin funny. I'm thinking maybe you were a little shy of the patriot moniker to begin with.

The fact that our society is in an outrage over police doing their jobs is what gets to me...and this incident is just the last straw in a long line of crap thats been going on here..hence the sidebars into the failure of our government to ensure that our rights and priviliges under the Constitution are protected.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 04:23:01 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
Every generation since time began has thought the next generation was out of control.

Our youth now loves luxuries. They have bad manners, contempt for authority. They show disrespect for elders and they love to chatter instead of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants, of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up their food, and tyrannize their teachers.  Socrates, 425 BC

Your statement is true myelo but is seems that now things are much worse than ever before.

Seagoon is right.  The biggest reason for the breakdown of modern society is the breakdown of the family unit.

That wasn't such a big problem a few years ago because the few kids with single parents still got discipline in the classroom.  Now teachers have no leverage and the kids know it.  It's a recipe for disaster.

I think things will only continue to get worse untill they are so bad that there will either be a complete reversal of policies or our current society will self destruct.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 04:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I would have cooked and eaten her.

Perhaps with some nice fava beans????:p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2005, 04:39:33 PM »
Listening to all you adults well.....here goes a 15 year olds point of view.  Punishment for misbehaving should be swift and dealt with in schools.  I don't care if it's a 5 year old or a 16 year old you should be taught to respect people no matter who they are.  I have as well been brought up in a broken home but that's no excuse to behave like some crazed person with free rain over whatever you want.  BRING BACK THE FRAT BOARDS!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2005, 04:42:20 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
Listening to all you adults well.....here goes a 15 year olds point of view.  Punishment for misbehaving should be swift and dealt with in schools.  I don't care if it's a 5 year old or a 16 year old you should be taught to respect people no matter who they are.  I have as well been brought up in a broken home but that's no excuse to behave like some crazed person with free rain over whatever you want.  BRING BACK THE FRAT BOARDS!

Aren't you a bit young to be a conservative???

;)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2005, 05:24:19 PM »
They should'a whipped her bellybutton into next week (learned that one from my Dad, my kids know it well lol) AFTER the cuffs were applied.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2005, 05:52:32 PM »
Burn the witch!!!  Burn the witch!!!
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 06:04:44 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Perhaps with some nice fava beans????:p

I don't know, I would have to ask either Toad or Lizking for advice on that.

Originally posted by Drunky
Burn the witch!!! Burn the witch!!!

Nah, well done should be good enough.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 06:07:09 PM »
Whatever happened to soap in the mouth?

I'm glad the cops whipped out the cuffs on her. If they didn't, somewhere down the road when she gets older, stronger, she could seriously hurt someone because in the past all she did was get nicely asked to stop.

When I was growing up, my dad passed away when I was 2, so it was just my ma, my brother and sister to help raise lil' ol' me.

I've been disciplined in spankings and soap, but when I got older, it was the authority and the voice my ma had. She demanded authority in her house and if she didn't get then you'd lose it. She wasn't mean, she'd show love as any other parent, but she knew when to bring out the voice.

Kids these days need to learn authority, where it comes from, and what can come from it. If I were that teacher, I would be asserting myself by demanding what I want from her while approaching her, trying to back her up into a corner. Teach that kid that until shes an adult and learns respect and authority that she can do what she wants.

I think we should make powered down version of mace as well for teachers with kids like that. Jeez, in all my years of growing up, the worst case we had with any kids doing anything like that was kids that tried to leave school early or were caught smoking in the bathroom. They were put in detention, which was a dark, dank basement with no windows. We feared that place more than anything.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2005, 06:24:42 PM »
The police should not have been involved in this at all.  This is 100% a parenting issus.  The parent should have been notified, and the child sent home.  The parent then should have been told that the child is not welcome back to THAT school until their behaviour improves.  Being that we HAVE to give that child an education, the parent should have been given the option of not doing anything about the childs behaviour, and the child would then be sent to the "special" needs / "troubled" kids class/school.  We DO have special classes for trouble kids.  My ex (may she rot in hell) used to teach at one.

BUT it boils down to the parent to me.  SHE should be investigated, and it needs to be figured out just why that child behaves the way she does.  That child is acting out for a reason.

I for one, believe it's probable lack of a Daddy, or strong male role model in that childs life.  And I also agree that corporal punishment should never have been done away with.  When I was in elementary school, the longest, hardest walk I ever had was down to the principals office after I had gotten in trouble.  I wasn't spanked, BUT I did see that huge paddle near his desk, and it scared the crud out of me.

You can find "extended" length video's of the 5yr old in question, where she is swinging punches at the ast. principal.  Not acceptable.  That child was out of control.  The teacher, and ast. principal went well out of their way with this child, and should be commended for being patient.

Again, we have classes/schools for "at risk" and "special needs" children.  If the parent is unwilling to fix this obvious problem with her child, said child should be xfered.  "normal" schools are just not set up to handle a child with this kind of a behaviour problem.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 09:12:38 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit