Author Topic: Am I alone?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 11:00:01 PM »
I lost about 10 fps with the patch. Getting between 27 and 85 fps depending upon how many aircraft are nearby and factors such as smoke, proximity to the ground...etc.

However, I'm running 1024 graphics, so that's not too bad I guess. If I run 512, the frame rate should improve, but it's usable as is without major hassle.

System is P-4, 3.0 gig on a ASUS P4P MB
ATI 9600XT, 2 gigs RAM.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Am I alone?
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 11:03:05 PM »
Morph...
Let's hope they can figure out what the problem is. Heck, I have had some awesome fights down IN the trees lately. It is a hoot & 1/2 to fight below the tops of the trees. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 11:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
I think we need to go back to the way it was in AH1 when you could turn ground clutter off completely.

Right now if you turn sliders down thats ok. Until a tree pops up infront of you. You can't see a tree until its too late with sliders.

I have FX53, 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 ultra. Getting frame rates in the teens is unaceptable. I enjoy playing this game, I built this system to do just that. Now what?

Its going to get to the point where Im going to have to hire NASA to put together a system that can run AH? It seems as if im being a wise guy... Maybe so. But after all the money I put into this system thinking I would be ok for a few years... I guess the joke is on me?

Why do we need the trees to be the way they are now? What was wrong with them before they were updated? I dont understand....

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting frustrated with poor perfomance in this game on what I consider to be some what top of the line system.

Well then they would have to disable trees hurting aircraft. If not then people would complain that they couldnt see the trees.

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
Am I alone?
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 11:22:46 PM »
STARTING TO FEEL SAME WAY:mad: Due to travel for work i miss up to three months at a crack, then im laid off for a month or two,and play every day. On this stint home I started with new version and patch and it totally sucks! before i left 35 to 40 frames in a furball,now 12 to 18, and its starting to get on my nerves.I may go somewhere else. It may not be as good as this when ah is working ok but lately its not working .

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »
Originally posted by jon
STARTING TO FEEL SAME WAY:mad: Due to travel for work i miss up to three months at a crack, then im laid off for a month or two,and play every day. On this stint home I started with new version and patch and it totally sucks! before i left 35 to 40 frames in a furball,now 12 to 18, and its starting to get on my nerves.I may go somewhere else. It may not be as good as this when ah is working ok but lately its not working .
 I think everybody should just chill out, try to download new drivers, and stop complaining about it. Thats not going to do anything.

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 11:35:45 PM »
I was starting to think it was just me.   FPS is in the pooper esp on the Fester map.   Flying last night with Fps  from 15 to 55.    Normally i'm 45 to 100 fps and believe or not, i'm getting worse frame rates now that I upgraded from a ATI 9700 to a X800 pro!!

Vati
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 12:53:31 AM »
:mad: DOWN WITH TREES!!!

:D UP WITH FRAME RATES!!!

:aok
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 01:45:11 AM »
xp2500
1 gig ram
9500pro
its killing me. Maybe I should keep it secret and get new drivers?

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2005, 01:57:32 AM »
Ouch I do have to admit once I get down to the tree's my frames plumit to 15-20. :/

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
Am I alone?
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2005, 02:35:44 AM »
P4 2.6
1 Gb RAM
ATI X800 Pro
Audigy Sound

Getting a regular playable 30 FPS now, have tried everything to get it higher.

I even read the hints and tips  

wipass

Offline Janov

• Zinc Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2005, 02:55:57 AM »
I think the trees are not the problem. I get around 30 FPS when down in the weeds in a plane. If I want to furball I just switch to "minimum view distance" (Shift-F3) and I am at 60+.
The problem is  aircraft in the area. If there are like 5 or more around, framerate really takes a hit. I think thats where the problem is, maybe its some bug, where AH tries to draw the detail on every plane in range, even if its 4k away - maybe some room for optimization here :confused:

Litjan

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
Ahh the good Ol days
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2005, 03:38:08 AM »
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2005, 04:32:27 AM »
Yes the good days man I wish they would of kept ah1 lol. Even tho ah2 has way more cooler features. Just dont know something about ah1 I miss.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2005, 06:11:47 AM »
I built a Athlon 64 3200 thingie a while back, with 1 gig, FX5700 vid card---had 70 frames when i started out 4 months ago---had to roll back vid drivers due to blue screen on alt-tab--that dropped me to 60---successive patches have dropped my average to 40--still playable, and every video detail is maxed. ---But losing 33% of frames thru 3-4 patches is troubling
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 06:26:12 AM »
Before the last 2 patches my f/r were a nice 45-70 even in the thickest furball.  2 patches ago they dropped to a max of 45...this last patch dropped tem to a max of 20.  In the tower when I log on I get 3-9, they stay that way even if i stay in the tower for 5-10 minutes.  I can't even think of turnong on animated water because that drops my f/r to something like -15 or so.

I was happy before the last 2 patches but the game anjoyment just isn't there at this point.

Athlon 2600XP
1 gig ram
FX5700 LE 256mb 8x agp

jolly
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.