Author Topic: Am I alone?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline CPorky

• Copper Member
Am I alone?
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »
I'm having a devil of a time flying with the new terrain, nothing I do seems to help including setting all 'performance' and setting distance to 0.5 miles. It is really affecting my game-play to the point I don't want to even log on anymore.

From what I gathered, I was not alone with this problem.

Is HTC working on a solution, or am I in the minority having problems?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 07:18:20 PM »
I suffer from the same problem. Finding it hard to fly in a furball. I have been having to go to less crowed places and preferably over the water.

Funny part was that when the new version was out, my FPS were off the hook ... best ever ... then the patch came and tanked it all.

I have a P4 3 Gig with 1 Gig memory and run an ATI 9800 XT so I don't think that I should be seeing single digit FPS when flying in a crowd.

I haven't reverted to loading the Omega Drivers yet ... but I am getting close and desperate.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »
Same here, I was fine until the first patch for 2.03, now everything is in the tank.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Am I alone?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 07:30:18 PM »
Smoother then a babys behind here.

AMD 2500+
512M RAM
ATI 9200
WinXP

Game Settings:
1280x960
512 MAX Textures
Sliders all at default settings

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 07:32:06 PM »
Yep.

It sucks bad.

Last night in furballs I was at 14frps. Sometimes saw 10.

Please lose trees or do something.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:56:11 PM »
I have had  single digit frame rates  also,but after about 15 min or so online it all seems to smooth out:confused:
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Am I alone?
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 08:09:17 PM »
they do know? don't they?

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 08:50:14 PM »
Well I havent tested these specs in the MA
but I have tested in h2h and i get 30-40 even 65 fps at times.

Specs

Intel celeron 2.8ghz
758mb of ram
Intergrated 64mg graphics card

Settings:

Ground vis .05 miles
1204x768
Texture size 512

I do notice that sometimes I dont see puffy ack explosions the smoke of engine and wheels.

And yes after the new patch my frames did go to crap I was getting like 3-4fps, I went to intel d/l a new driver for my graphics card, and it fixed it. Maybe you guys should try that?

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 08:54:36 PM »
would be nice if the sliders went all the way to zero trees for the draw distance. Im ok with how it is now, but it seems like the abuility to turn them all the way off would fix alot of ppls problems.

Ah does have the best looking trees that i have seen in a sim, but couldnt we use that detail/polys else where? you hear alot of ppl talk about how ah is soposed to be function over form yet the trees seem to be  a heck of alot of form over function.  They look nice when taking off and can be a real treat when your low and slow or in a gv, which i never am.  

I would say keep the trees how they are for when you are in gv mode and make a simplified version for planes that look good from the top.  

Higher poly terrains, higher res textures have my vote.  Just do the good ol 5 or 6 circles for trees, thats what most flight sims use these days.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 09:08:59 PM »
fps is so bad now that ive moved my sliders back to AHI looks....

right now i cant even SEE through trees when im in a tank, i get killed all the time through the green squares

in the air its playable above 6k... any lower and it just sucks.... people are going to leave if it stays like this, because to be fair theres NO improvement from old to new

2.02 bad looking trees at almost max quality
2.03 good looking trees at MIN quality and they look worse than 2.02 trees

get my point?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »
my FR stinky...:(
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Hetzer

• Zinc Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 09:20:08 PM »
No problems with here with a:

P3 866 mhz
256mb Ram
Nvidia TNT2 32mb

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 10:21:46 PM »
I think we need to go back to the way it was in AH1 when you could turn ground clutter off completely.

Right now if you turn sliders down thats ok. Until a tree pops up infront of you. You can't see a tree until its too late with sliders.

I have FX53, 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 ultra. Getting frame rates in the teens is unaceptable. I enjoy playing this game, I built this system to do just that. Now what?

Its going to get to the point where Im going to have to hire NASA to put together a system that can run AH? It seems as if im being a wise guy... Maybe so. But after all the money I put into this system thinking I would be ok for a few years... I guess the joke is on me?

Why do we need the trees to be the way they are now? What was wrong with them before they were updated? I dont understand....

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting frustrated with poor perfomance in this game on what I consider to be some what top of the line system.

If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 10:42:58 PM »
Get a solid 45+ on runway and flying around offline the min is around 40 or so (using OZ map for this) - normally pegs out at refresh, but shove in 1 smoking bomber or a medium furball and I'm into the low 20's. Zoomed in  looking through tank sight I get anything from 40's to low teens, depending on what bush I'm looking at.

Have tried all texture sizes, no apparent difference to performance but 1024 does look pretty.:)

Now the game's looking the best it ever has and I'm sure it'll be running smoothly again soon, but right now it's not.

P4 3.06Ghz
9800 Pro
1 Gig Ram
SB Audigy ZS

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Am I alone?
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 10:55:23 PM »
Hmmm,I guess between the FPS probs,and for me and quite a few others,Saavis dropping 60-80% packets,It's time to drag up.Was going to keep account going,but I have fallen on some tough economic issues,and just giving $14.95 away per month,isn't acceptable right now.I really enjoyed AH,and I hope they get the problems resolved.Best wishes to all,and good hunting.
IronDog