Author Topic: More nuggets from WW2OL  (Read 3034 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
Ok, here's the deal..I have 3 computers at my house. Only one has the capability to even RUN WWIIOL at an acceptable framerate. That's a 1GHZ machine. The others are 450's with 128 MB RAM. I don't care how good the game is..I don't even care if it is the best WWII sim on the market fot the next 3 years, if I have to spend more money to get all my machines to run it (so me and my dad can play) then it isn't worth it. Fscott, you tell the Rats that if they lower the specs to where EVERYONE can play it and not a select few (those who can afford high end machines) then maybe I'll give it a shot. But right now...I really don't care.  :rolleyes:

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
Tom666, er, Caligula. time for your meds?

:rolleyes:

~W

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »
F*ck you westy,I hope you stick with AH and I won`t have to share my funtime with you anymore.
BTW i`ll never forget seing u spraying for at least 30 seconds in ur p47,when u were knights a while ago.I even told my squaddies about it ,we had a good laugh.What a lame dweeb.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Heh!

Offline koala

• Copper Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2001, 04:10:00 PM »
Okay guys, please keep the opinions to a minimum in this thread, unless you've actually played the game.  All fscott is doing is giving his impressions of what he's seen so far.  You'll notice in another thread that I'm taking a wait and see view, so I'm very interested in what the folks who have purchased the game have to say.  That's why he started this thread.  What's the point of calling it things like WWIIOffline?  What does that achieve in this thread other than to point out the stupidly obvious and to fan flames where there shouldn't be any?  As soon as people like fscott go online, I hope they give objective opinions about that as well.  Don't drive them away with your petty opinions, especially when they don't tell me squat about the game.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
It's WW2Offline until the servers are up and running and people are playing on them.

It isn't online, is it?
-SW

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2001, 04:44:00 PM »
Fscott you're in for a big shock.

Unless you like tank combat, see ya back in AH shortly.

- loading times
 - respawning times
 - control issues
 - online framerates

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Westy MOL:
I hate WB III's clouds. They look like the smoke off the stage at an Ozzy Osbourne concert   :(

And just what is wrong with "smoke" at a Ozzy concert?

:)

The release of wwiionline is starting to make the release of Everquest look easy.

I've been trying to login/register since 1:00 this afternoon.

Mox

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »
I bought the game at 3pm and still havnt played online yet....

I see major problems already though...

1. When starting the game what is with the 6 to 7 MINUTE load up time?

2. It is not reading my Microsoft joystick.

3. And when i try to map my keys, I scroll down and all the words turn into illegible alien handwritings unreadable to anyone.

4.Some things just dont work. Like some Ifantry cannot fire weapons in offline mode.

But other than that graphics are cool, I rate them pretty much equal to AH, Offline practice is fun, but unfortunatley until they fix the joystick thing, Im basically only playing 10% of the game.

Im anxious to see Online play if the Website would ever work!

PS!

I have two computers...

1. 500 Mhz PIII
   Savage S4 3D card
   Win 98

It didnt work for the above computer.(computer i run AH on)

2. 800 Mhz AMD
   Unknown Graphics card and mem
   Win Me

Works fine and dandy except for the above problems.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Hess

• Zinc Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2001, 09:42:00 PM »
I'm about 75% through the patch download.  I'm very unimpressed with the out of box graphics.  AH has got them beat by FAR! The cockpit view really sucks compaired to AH but maybe the patch will fix this.. I cant use the HAT as in every other flight sim!!! I very carfully opened my box so when sealed you cant tell it was opened... Getting ready to return if patch sux.... if so AH rules! but we will see.

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2001, 12:13:00 AM »
C'mon fscott!
Tell us some more. Atleast I like to read about your opinions on WWIIOL and why not comparing it to AH too. If someone here doesn't like it, then they shouldn't read it! It really is that simple. After all this is O'club
 :)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2001, 12:39:00 AM »
More nuggets from WWIIOL?  I thought you were describing an influx of dissatisfied WWIIOL refugees signing up for AH.   :)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2001, 01:12:00 AM »
"Getting ready to return if patch sux.... if so AH rules! but we will see. "

?????

So if the patch is good AH sucks and if the patch is no good then AH rules???

Some people are funny  :)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2001, 01:36:00 AM »
WWII OL air combat feels bit nicer with more inaccurate guns (no 800 yard super flies)
and those things arent killing your tanks like nothing, either  :)

spins seems bit funny though and I believe they havent finished flight models yet due to horry.

Tank combat is something nice..
and that infantry, woohoo.
It does feel bit claustrophobic to drive in a city with tank, when you can see around you too well and if you stick out your head, you might find someone finding at it and that would hurt badly.

although, FPS and swapping needs some increase... (hey, 256mb kingmax costs just $67.. gosh, i gotta buy one!)

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
More nuggets from WW2OL
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2001, 02:16:00 AM »
funkedup, ummm, not?
But still, like to hear some experiences from WWIIOL.And I DO like to read WWIIOL BBS, especially now when game is out, but it seems to be impossible, for some reason..