Author Topic: Is Blair going to win it three straight?  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Is Blair going to win it three straight?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 03:18:48 PM »
Blair is not Hitler.  Hitler didn't let thousands of foreigners into Germany, build em places to live and give em millions of £s in benefits.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 03:22:28 PM »
Blair and Hitler did have dubious notions of what truth is.

In ten years time, I'm going to vote Conservative - hopefully by then all the Thatcherites will be dead and buried or retired (and maybe she'll be dead too). Maybe they will have credible, proactive policies rather than ambulance-chasing, opportunistic rhetoric with all the substance of thin air.

Until that time, it looks like the local independant will get my vote...
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 03:25:24 PM »
Dowding, I always voted local independant.  They were the only ones I could identify with.

New Labour though, I think they're more Tory than the Tories!
NEXX

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
blair = hitler.

don't be offended.... we don't hate brits... just everything about your lifestyle and politics.

lazs

So Lazs how many years of British lifestyle  have you experienced to make you hate the British lifestyle? I'm guessing none and that you probably can't even point to London on a map.

...-Gixer

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 03:27:43 PM »
Vote for the only honest party, this election. Vote BNP.

I suggested that to you a while ago. It didn't go over to well...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 03:33:44 PM »
I might have been joking, Wotan. But I expect they will show gains in several flashpoint constituencies.

Blair is a Maggie devotee, with a thick coat of spin and a veneer of gloss, sprinkled with sugar.

At least Maggie had the balls to be overtly demonic.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 04:35:37 PM »
Urm Swoop

The reason we have lots of Eastern Europeans coming to this country might have something to do with the Iron curtain opening! It was pretty hard for them to get here before!!!:rolleyes:
Might also have something to do with them joining the European community and being allowed to travel to and work in any member state! Just like we can go there and buy cheap property work etc!

I'm no great fan of Mr Blair at the moment but come on guys you can't blame the current govt for that.
( maybe your too young to remember the Iron curtain I don't know! )
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 04:38:53 PM by Skydancer »

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 04:37:18 PM »
Lazs is fond of bleating on about how we know knothing of his great nation and thus our opinions are invalid yet he knows next to nowt about ours! Guess by his rules that makes his opinions invalid!:lol

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 04:50:56 PM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
Might also have something to do with them joining the European community and being allowed to travel to and work in any member state!  

Ex Soviet eastern european countries are not part of the EU yet and no they aren't allowed to freely travel and work in Europe.  They still sneak into the country (from all over, even China) and then get housed, fed and christ knows what more at my expense.  And yours.  There have even been documented cases of citizens of European states doing the same thing but throwing their passports off the boat and pretending to be from Albania.

This didn't happen in Maggies day, they were processed and deported back to where they damn well came from.

Why should I have to pay for some drop out loser who can't make a life for himself in his own country to get housed and fed and provided with free beer and satellite TV?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 04:53:36 PM »
British Politics:

It's like I kinda understand what they are saying in this thread.....but not really;)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 05:15:46 PM »
I thought that British kings held the throne for life or a coup?  You limeys are voting on a new king now?

eskimo

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 05:15:52 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Ex Soviet eastern european countries are not part of the EU yet and no they aren't allowed to freely travel and work in Europe.  They still sneak into the country (from all over, even China) and then get housed, fed and christ knows what more at my expense.  And yours.  There have even been documented cases of citizens of European states doing the same thing but throwing their passports off the boat and pretending to be from Albania.

This didn't happen in Maggies day, they were processed and deported back to where they damn well came from.

Why should I have to pay for some drop out loser who can't make a life for himself in his own country to get housed and fed and provided with free beer and satellite TV?

Welcome to Illegal Immigrant Hell. We have ours, it appears you have yours as well :(
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
I thought that British kings held the throne for life or a coup?  You limeys are voting on a new king now?
LOL - we haven't had a King since before my time.

Oh, and about Lazs - Lazs is... Lazs! :aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 06:55:42 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
done.  And the power of peaceful demonstration doesnt exist in this country anymore

Thats cause ya's no longer have guns. So why should the goverment take you seriously?

Now if ya's had guns. They'd have to pay attention :D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 07:15:01 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Blair and Hitler did have dubious notions of what truth is.

politicians in general have a dubious notion of what the truth is.

Some just disguise their lies better then others
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty