Author Topic: Is Blair going to win it three straight?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Is Blair going to win it three straight?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2005, 01:56:12 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Ex Soviet eastern european countries are not part of the EU yet and no they aren't allowed to freely travel and work in Europe.  They still sneak into the country (from all over, even China) and then get housed, fed and christ knows what more at my expense.  

Man check reality, you are totaly off.

Im not sure what countries do you consider 'Ex Soviet" but if im not wrong, there are at lease 5 in EU right now.

They dont snake in ?
:rofl  
you must be kidding. Just 2 facts.
1. All of my friends who wanted to work/study in UK for 1 year got there.
2. Few months ago i met some british "weekend" tourist in the pub over here.... in Ex Soviet east europian country... Do you know what made me laugh ? That british guy and i are makeing more less same money, but he pay 4x more for his living. Yet he still feel like most ritch man in our lill country  :D

But keep dreaming that you live in wonderland and everybody else wanna live there. And if you realy dont know, why so many young people from Europe wanna travell to UK, i give you one hint.... "British English".

We speak about UK.... not about Swiss.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:58:14 AM by lada »

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2005, 02:22:40 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant
Blair is probably hated as much as Bush.  So if that makes Bush = Hitler too then???

Blair is hated because he took Britain into a unjust and unpopular war. And is seen as Bush's Poodle.

...-Gixer

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2005, 02:37:01 AM »
Oh and I just thought of a difference between now and Thatcherism:  Under Thatcherism we didn't have thousands of scroungers from eastern bloody Europe learning one word of English (asylum!) and hopping on the next boat leaving Calais.

As of 2004, the top ten countries of origin for UK asylum seekers were Iran, Somalia, China, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Iraq, India, Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan and Turkey.

Source

I wouldn't argue that every person originating from the above nations is a bona fide refugee, but it is true that all these places have minorities at risk of persecution. Note the complete absence of eastern european nations from the top ten. Many citizens of eastern europe can now work and reside here quite legitimately due to expanded EU membership.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2005, 02:48:02 AM »
Originally posted by Momus--
Many citizens of eastern europe can now work and reside here quite legitimately due to expanded EU membership.

And the others just make use of a nice long tunnel they were kind enough to build for them.

...-Gixer

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2005, 03:12:45 AM »
The French wanted the tunnel.  We wanted a bridge so we could see the buggers coming.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2005, 03:13:53 AM »
As of 2004, the top ten countries of origin for UK asylum seekers were Iran, Somalia, China, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Iraq, India, Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan and Turkey.

Fine.

Well no matter where they bloody come from, we don't want em.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2005, 03:19:18 AM »
Circumventing the language filter
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:12:48 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2005, 03:24:38 AM »
Fine.

You know, I'm sure that the Picts said the same thing about the Scots and the Celts, and the Britons said the same thing about the Romans, the Angles, Saxons, Jutes and the Normans. Looks like you're in good company. ;)

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2005, 03:27:37 AM »
Yep isn't that just about right!
:lol

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2005, 03:36:18 AM »
Sky,

did you actually read the link Momus posted or are you just an idiot?  

People who want to come here to work are fine by me.  People who want to come here for the freebies this LABOUR goverment hands out to all and sundry are not.

I have no problem at all with Mr Patel from India who wants to run the corner shop that stays open til midnight and I couldn't survive without.  Or Mr Sharmi who runs that really great curry house down the road which does the really nice keema naan.  Or even Mr Hestorcocricas who dishes out kebabs to the piss heads every saturday night.  You wanna come here to work, that's fine by me cos it means you're paying your own way and not living out of the pockets of the British tax payer.

The issue I have is with these damn freeloaders who are only here for one reason and that's the free beer/food/satellite TV and as many old grannies as they can rob.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2005, 03:37:21 AM »
You know, I'm sure that the Picts said the same thing about the Scots and the Celts, and the Britons said the same thing about the Romans, the Angles, Saxons, Jutes and the Normans. Looks like you're in good company. ;)

Ya know what......you're absolutely right.  We're being invaded again, we havn't been invaded successfully in almost a thousand years!

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005, 03:41:02 AM »
The French wanted the tunnel.  We wanted a bridge so we could see the buggers coming.

:rofl :rofl :aok

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2005, 03:51:21 AM »
Fair enough Swoop, don't necessarily disagree with you, it is just that my personal experience of immigrants has been that they are hardworking folk just trying to get ahead. No doubt there are a fair few of them on the scrounge, but this is something that could be said for a decent proportion of the native population, yet I don't see the Tories beating up on doley scumbag 3-kids by-the-age-of-seventeen council estate slags and their degenerate menfolk that are increasingly infesting our nation. If they did, they might just get my vote.

What I do know is that when work takes me London, the hotels are now staffed by fuggin' lovely Latvian and Estonian women. Compensation enough I'd say. :p

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2005, 03:56:08 AM »
The issue I have is with these damn freeloaders who are only here for one reason and that's the free beer/food/satellite TV and as many old grannies as they can rob.

Free beer/food/satellite TV??

Packing the baggage.

England I'm coming !!!!

Wohooooo!!!!

:D

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2005, 03:58:38 AM »
Fine.

So you're "we" now?

Should a proffesional ex-pat really moan about foreigners?