Author Topic: Turning The Tables George Galloway  (Read 5419 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Turning The Tables George Galloway
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2005, 04:38:33 AM »
Bush's lies in comparisson have cost the creditibility of a nation,....

Only to whiny fairies like you. anyone with balls really doesn't care what your kind thinks.

the lives of 10,000's

Liar.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2005, 06:20:18 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Liar.

Why is he a liar? The estimates range from 20,000 all the way to 100,000. Since your own forces aren't actually keeping an offical tally I would question how you can be so sure.  Of course, given your administration's proclivity for playing fast and loose with the facts, I fully understand your confusion.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2005, 07:51:53 AM »
That was a funny interview. No, it was hilarious.

Kind of makes our select committee parliamentary gaffs look like strokes of genius. I can see why politicians are so despised in the US - are they all as deeply stupid as the senators in this hearing?

I don't particularly like Galloway or his politics, but that doesn't make him a crook.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2005, 09:18:48 AM »
Galloway did not want to take the money, saddam forced him to take it.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2005, 10:11:38 AM »
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2005, 08:52:08 PM »
Why is he a liar?

Based on estimates, far less people have died than would have if Hussein was left in power.  

I fully understand your confusion.

I'm not confused.  It takes a leftist nutjob to consider our removal of Hussein to be anything but a good thing.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2005, 09:03:54 PM »
I'm not confused.  It takes a leftist nutjob to consider our removal of Hussein to be anything but a good thing.

I consider the removal of a planter wart to be a good thing too. But if it means having to shell out a couple billion dollars to do it, I might have to think about it - know what I mean?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2005, 09:13:40 PM »
But if it means having to shell out a couple billion dollars to do it, I might have to think about it - know what I mean?

Not really,  I fail to see the similarity between a small growth on your body and a murderous dictator.  Unless your growth is a conjoined twin who is hellbent on murder and mayhem.  If that's the case, come south of the border and get medical attention.

:)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2005, 09:22:47 PM »
Galoway strikes me as a faily run of ther mill charismatic sociopath, it's trhis quality that makes him so convincing if you are pre disposed to his line of thought.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2005, 09:49:10 PM »
"...I fail to see the similarity between a small growth on your body and a murderous dictator."

Well in this case, lets consider that the body is the world, and that Hussein was the wart.

Now we know that the wart didn't pose a real threat to the body right? That should be clear now, right? The wart had zero ability to rise up from the foot and punch the world in the face, for example. It could not suck the brain down through a leg and devour it. It was just a pain in the foot.

So okay... We've got a soreness in the foot of this body. It is at this point that the body needs to consider its options. "This pain is annoying," the body might say. The body will then consider its options.

We could try and precision bomb it with Compound W, for example. Or, we could Shock & Awe it with an amputation of the leg. In fact there are several options, including the option to do nothing.

A cost/benefit analysis is needed at this point. A few questions immediately surface:

1) What cost is worth the removal of the pain? One range will be acceptable, and another range will be unacceptable.

2) Are all options of removal on the table? Or is one set of options acceptable, and another set unacceptable?

3) Is there a confluence of acceptable costs and acceptable options relative to the importance of removing the pain?

Keep in mind that the body experiences many different forms of pain. So you might just decide to ignore the wart and get rid of your back pain by drinking more water, for example. Not everything needs immediate and focused attention, just because it happens to be a source of pain.

Ridding yourself of pain in one area by any means available is not always the best move. And ridding yourself of pain does not inherently justify every possible way with which to rid yourself of the pain simply because it is pain. Just ask any vicodin addict.

In this analogy, having carte blanche in removing a wart by any means, with no regard to your entire health, with no regard to your bank account, and with no regard to the raised eyebrows it would cause, seems the act of a nutjob.

Not justification.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2005, 09:52:29 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Galoway strikes me as a faily run of ther mill charismatic sociopath, it's trhis quality that makes him so convincing if you are pre disposed to his line of thought.

I have to agree with grun here.  He was highly carismatic and an excelent public speaker.....but as you all have pointed out too many times to count...so was EDIT: irrelevent to current discussion.

Not to jump on that tangent though, I had to chuckle at his references to UN sanctions and that through them the US managed to kill a million Iraqi babies.

The fact that Sadam built a few Billion dollar palaces just goes unknown to these people that th "US led Oil for food UN sanctions" is ultimatly responsible for the poor conditions of the Iraqi people.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 09:58:20 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2005, 09:53:55 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I have to agree with grun here.  He was highly carismatic and an excelent public speaker.....but as you all have pointed out too many times to count...so was hitler.

Tom Cruise is Hitler?!!! :(

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 09:55:24 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Tom Cruise is Hitler?!!! :(

:confused:

Thaught we were talking about that "brit dude";)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2005, 09:56:28 PM »
Me too! But it turned out that the "brit dude" spoke well, so now all of a sudden we are talking about Hitler.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2005, 09:58:46 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Me too! But it turned out that the "brit dude" spoke well, so now all of a sudden we are talking about Hitler.

ok just for you and the sake of discussion I edited it.