Author Topic: What's the complain about La7's  (Read 2314 times)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
What's the complain about La7's
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:08:11 AM »
Because the most dangerous plane in the MA is the typhoon . And nobody ever whines about it .

strange.

:rolleyes: :)

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Re: What's the complain about La7's
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:38:44 AM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Because the most dangerous plane in the MA is the typhoon . And nobody ever whines about it .

strange.

:rolleyes: :)

Atleast with the tiffy, if he tries to run after a blown merge, there are more than a handful of planes that can catch it.

When  lala runs...forget about it.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 06:48:14 AM »
Maybe because more experienced people fly the Typh and understand how to use it better.. I for one fly it alot, but I've been playing for quite a while..

Plus I dont see nearly the numbers of Typhs as I do those pesky LA7's

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 07:15:30 AM »
Yah...La7's can run....but, Tiffy's can kill. The only La7 that I'm bothered is the one that can shoot. If you hit some one with a Tiff.....they stay hit. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 08:06:04 AM »
because the la7 is better then the typhoon in every aspect except guns...

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:14:58 AM »
You know, now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever been dweebishly HOed by a Typh driver.. Quite the contrary regarding the people that fly the LA7

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 08:42:40 AM »
Like Tails says, good luck trying to catch a Lala. Pretty much impossible if you're not in a D-9, Typhoon, or a same Lala. At least Typhs can be caught if he runs dry of WEP during the next 5 mins.

Also, like Flyboy says, the La-7 is so much easier to handle that more sucky pilots fly it - hence, more mistakes made, more opportunities to slap it silly.

However, Typh pilots are usually the most  timid of the timid. Excellent SA.. very cautious and edgy.. not exactly the fun type to be around, and not easily caught, unless you plan an ambush, and jump him with a La-7 or a D-9 with alt advantage.

Dangerous? Oh yes, the Typhs are more dangerous. But only because the average Typh pilot is so much more dangerous than the typical Lala pilot.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 09:47:33 AM »
OK, one more time:

LA7s are hated because they DO NOT allow people to land their vulches.  Vulch vulch vulch in a Tiffy, F4U1-C, etc and once you try to RTB you will get away from anything but that one lala that escaped.  No WTFGs fo u :lol

The rest is BS.  The running plane of choice is the D9
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 10:17:33 AM »
>>You know, now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever been dweebishly HOed by a Typh driver.. <<

I have, and for many of them, the HO seems to be their move of choice. Makes sense though too, it's not nimble or manueverable enough to do much acm, and it's 4 cannons are a tough package to deal with. To avoid, just fear their frontal area.
Now the lala, all too many will do the HO as a matter of choice (before they run). But, when they run it is possible to catch them in a Yak on the deck.

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 10:19:28 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
No WTFGs fo u :lol

:rofl :lol

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 10:23:09 AM »
Originally posted by Don
>>You know, now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever been dweebishly HOed by a Typh driver.. <<

I have, and for many of them, the HO seems to be their move of choice. Makes sense though too, it's not nimble or manueverable enough to do much acm, and it's 4 cannons are a tough package to deal with. To avoid, just fear their frontal area.
Now the lala, all too many will do the HO as a matter of choice (before they run). But, when they run it is possible to catch them in a Yak on the deck.

The Typh is very nimble and capable of doing acm, you just gotta know how to use it.. You also gotta know when not to engage, just like any other plane.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 10:28:56 AM »
Nothing wrong with the lala some people run some don't u all hate it because it has speed and has 20mm lol

Loves tiffy too:eek:

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 10:38:36 AM »
Originally posted by Don

Do you have money growing on trees in your backyard?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 10:46:47 AM »
I thought the La7 was faster accelerating and a better turner than the Typhoon?

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 10:48:18 AM »
You think well.