Author Topic: What's the complain about La7's  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
What's the complain about La7's
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2005, 01:25:34 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
FEAR THE P40!!!!

:D

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2005, 01:44:48 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Properly flown, the Tyffie is as dangerous as anything in the game.  Anything you can do in a La-7 can be done in a Tyffie if you know how, and then some.  Every plane has its tricks, and the Tyffie has its own.  

Even a dump truck is dangerous with 4x20mm Hispanos and a driver than knows how to drive.

Sorry -
1) Tiffy accelerates no way near as fast as a Lala.
2) Lala outurns a Tiffy.
3) Equal e Lala out climbs a Tiff because of its acceleration and the fact a Tiffs e retention is horrible.

So I disagree you can't do everything in a Tiff you can do in a Lala. Maybe I should qualify, yes you can, but usually the everything is not as good.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2005, 02:11:24 PM »
frankly the current state of the MA is quite depressing. not because i get killed by HOs, i dont- i can manuver myself in such a way that not only i will avoid the HO i will allso shoot down the HO dweeb in less then 15 seconds after the merge.
what depresses me is that the averege MA pilot doesnt know any better

Flyboy this is tru if that person does fight. If he ho and keeps on going out for 2k and turns i dont care he can keep on doing that forever. Its funny when people say that they can shoot down a hoing lala but the real fact is if that lala pilot runs for 2k their is not a reversal in the world that you can do to give you a shot. BTW a tpie can turn with a lala if you know what your doing and if its a tru lala pilot.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2005, 02:26:49 PM »
yup, if the other guy just extend after the HO theres nothing i can do.
except taunt him on chan 200 :p

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2005, 02:32:57 PM »
Originally posted by Don
Jogdi:
That was "originally posted by"  Nuke33 and not by me.

Ok, Dno... sorry.

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2005, 02:39:48 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
2) Lala outurns a Tiffy.

Doubt it pretty much.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2005, 02:40:55 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
yup, if the other guy just extend after the HO theres nothing i can do.
except taunt him on chan 200 :p

LOL

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2005, 03:08:23 PM »
Originally posted by MANDO
Doubt it pretty much.

after the 1st 180° ,yes

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2005, 03:22:10 PM »
straffo, it depends on the speed. Typh is problably the best turner at hi speeds (> 300mph), La7 is only averagely good. At low speed (> 200 mph) I would still bet for the typh. At stall speeds La7 will probably end winning. Point is that most La7 you'll find are really light on fuel and they outturn almost anything.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2005, 03:25:36 PM »
Originally posted by FX1

Flyboy this is tru if that person does fight. If he ho and keeps on going out for 2k and turns i dont care he can keep on doing that forever. Its funny when people say that they can shoot down a hoing lala but the real fact is if that lala pilot runs for 2k their is not a reversal in the world that you can do to give you a shot. BTW a tpie can turn with a lala if you know what your doing and if its a tru lala pilot.

But he could do that in a F4U, Spit, 51, 190, 109, 205, NIK, etc.

This thread is following the same patern.  Half the people complaining about the lala being so good that really your only option is to bail, while the other half is braging how easy it is to kill.

I have killed many Tiffies in a lala and have been shot down by them as many or more times.  What does that mean you ask?  hmmm, that unknown variable called a pilit maybe :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2005, 03:26:39 PM »
straffo, it depends on the speed. Typh is problably the best turner at hi speeds (> 300mph)

Yep

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2005, 03:54:01 PM »
straffo, it depends on the speed. Typh is problably the best turner at hi speeds (> 300mph), La7 is only averagely good. At low speed (> 200 mph) I would still bet for the typh. At stall speeds La7 will probably end winning. Point is that most La7 you'll find are really light on fuel and they outturn almost anything.

well I was more thinking of when I end slow on the deck like usual :D

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 04:38:51 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
But he could do that in a F4U, Spit, 51, 190, 109, 205, NIK, etc.

This thread is following the same patern.  Half the people complaining about the lala being so good that really your only option is to bail, while the other half is braging how easy it is to kill.

I have killed many Tiffies in a lala and have been shot down by them as many or more times.  What does that mean you ask?  hmmm, that unknown variable called a pilit maybe :D

So your a lala driver thats not a problem, what we are saying that a typie takes skill to drive. Because of this factor you see better sticks in the typie than you see in the lala. This could make the typie look like a more powerfull aircraft but in the end it isnt its the driver.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2005, 04:58:26 PM »
ya, i was being general, alot of players do what i described regardless to the plane they fly.

as for tiffi\ La7

i think Kweassa described it very good.
tiffi pilots are the worst, not in terms of skill, but in terms of flying style, i just despise the way some of them play this game. all they care about is landing kills, they will never engage unless they have an advantage, they will avoid a 1 vrs. 1 like a plague, they couldnt care less about the fight itself. or to sun it, they just fly the complete opposite style then my own.
i must confess that if it was real life and i had a big ugly thug holding a gun to my head and telling me he will kill me if ill get shot down. that is the exact way i would play the game.

but i guess everyone gets his fun in his own way, and i cant force anyone to play the way i want.

and now for the La7.
this plane IS the best plane in the game, period. its just ridiculously good over any other plane. a close second is the P51d.

i myself desided i will not fly that plane at all in the MA, and you can check me on it
 :)

so to sum things up: the La7 is way batter then the tiffi, but the tiffi pilots are the most annoying :D

Flame away

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2005, 06:10:52 PM »
Well Flyboy, I thought long and hard before replying to that -

Considering the Tiffies can be caught by at least 4 planes in this game on the deck the option for running is usually limited if in a big furball.
Theres always someone else arriving higher and faster than you are.

Given the choice the majority of pilots prefer to engage with an advantage, even if only slight.

Can't remember the last time I found a 1 v 1 in the MA unless it was a lone porker inbound to a field.

Despise - If you look around the MA you'll see a lot more of what you 'despise' in the P51s/190D9/La7/109G10 aircraft types, MORE than any other. Coincidently prob the fastest (free) 4 in the game.
Get even close to most of them they hit the deck and run.

Only in AH2 could people consider the Tiffy a good dogfighter, when actually in WW2 it was considered a failure and relegated to ground attack.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 06:17:50 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory