Author Topic: What's the complain about La7's  (Read 2315 times)

Offline MENDEZ

• Zinc Member
What's the complain about La7's
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2005, 10:15:55 AM »
I hate fighting la7's in my typhoon, they have an advantage in every aspect of ah11 game play except the guns, and this is nulified by my unwilingness to HO.

Plus not all typhoon pilots are timid its just knowing what situation you should or should not be in, like being below an la7 is almost suicide if he knows your there and no-one is there to clear your six.

I fly the typhoon because i find that gunnery is my best attribute on the game and the typhoon suites my abilities. Since flying the typhoon as my main ride my k/d, k/s have all increased it also improves your situational awarness.

If only p51d had 4x20mm's:eek:  i would not fly anything else. I find its basically a typhoon with better speed, climb rate, and turning abilities and range i just dont kill enough in them :(

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2005, 10:45:57 AM »
Originally posted by MANDO
straffo, it depends on the speed. Typh is problably the best turner at hi speeds (> 300mph), La7 is only averagely good. At low speed (> 200 mph) I would still bet for the typh. At stall speeds La7 will probably end winning. Point is that most La7 you'll find are really light on fuel and they outturn almost anything.

I can outturn Spits at times with the La7.  IMO, if you CAN'T outturn a typhie in a La7, you shouldn't be flying the La7.  

Folks, I'll say this ONE MORE TIME "The La7 is one the BEST TURNFIGHTERS IN THE GAME".   " :lol, :aok, :rolleyes: & :rofl " all you want, it is.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2005, 10:55:01 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I can outturn Spits at times with the La7.  IMO, if you CAN'T outturn a typhie in a La7, you shouldn't be flying the La7.  

Folks, I'll say this ONE MORE TIME "The La7 is one the BEST TURNFIGHTERS IN THE GAME".   " :lol, :aok, :rolleyes: & :rofl " all you want, it is.  

Karaya

Are you sure you dont confuse outflying the bad guy with out turning?

Even a spit could not out turn a spit :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nuke33

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2005, 11:49:01 AM »
At high speeds the Typh can out turn the lala all day long.. I do it all the time..

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2005, 11:54:07 AM »
Originally posted by MwDogg
I think all mid and late war planes should be perked just to even the balance in the way planes are used.  Or how about this idea, planes can be used by rank.  certain rank will allow u to use late war planes. mid war be at another rank. and so on.  At least after every month reset on scores and rank everyone has to fly 1941-42 era planes until the ranks are set.

Late war planes: 300 or less rank.
mid war planes: 1000 to 300.
early war planes: no rank required.

Maybe if this was turned around it might work....then the better a guy gets in his LA7....the less he gets to fly it ;)

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2005, 12:18:10 PM »
Just checked my stats and 1st place LA7 68 kills this camp lol.  I do kill the first la7 that i see so i think this is why its number 1 for me.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2005, 04:46:24 PM »
I think all mid and late war planes should be perked just to even the balance in the way planes are used.  Or how about this idea, planes can be used by rank.  certain rank will allow u to use late war planes. mid war be at another rank. and so on.  At least after every month reset on scores and rank everyone has to fly 1941-42 era planes until the ranks are set.

Late war planes: 300 or less rank.
mid war planes: 1000 to 300.
early war planes: no rank required.

So the score potatos get to ride the uber late war monsters while the noobs are stuck in the inferior early war planes.

Do you see how this logic is flawed and not a money maker for HTC ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2005, 07:56:29 PM »
most of your good pilots don't fly la7's, they don't need to.  I am 1 of them.  I fly the tiff 90% of the time.  I flew the la7 1 time in my whole AH career.  I thought the lala was to easy to kill people with.  Takes hardly any skill.  Try turn fightin a tiffy with lala's and spitty's and even 109's like I do.  That a challenge. la7 is not.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2005, 08:16:46 PM »
most of your good pilots don't fly la7's, they don't need to.

You do realize that you just refuted your own idea, right?  If the good pilots don't need to fly La7s, then who needs to fly them?  That's right... the average and poorer pilots need to fly them.  Why should the "good" pilots then be the only ones allowed to use them?  Why would HTC limit the use of a plane like the La7 to people who neither need nor desire to use them?

I'm sorry, but this is a stillborn idea.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2005, 08:49:12 PM »
I like the La7. I fly it alot. I also am not that good.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2005, 08:53:10 PM »
i totally suck in the la7, but i can't resist flying it... i hate it when tiffy's try to TNB with me.

tiffy's also run very fast, very hard to catch before they make it back to safety of base acks.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »
this thread does me good, i didnt realize people who flew typhys and la7 actually fought. :(
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2005, 09:07:54 PM »
la7 pilots are normaly newbies however they still know that they have the fastest plane in the world and there best way to "fight" is to hit X and autolevel.

THATS why i hate it

but...

because of that fact i myself have started to fly it, so i can chase the *******s down.

however, landing 6 kills in a 190a5 or a 109f4 is must more fun than landing 6 in a la7....because you had to work for it.

PERK IT. 2 perks would do. same with all the top used planes.... just 1 or 2 perks. most vets have 10000s anyway
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2005, 02:24:01 AM »
Would never happen Overlag.
HT will never perk the 190D9, La7 and Pony - Imagine all the whines.
May as well face the facts, we're stuck with them, like it or not.

Interesting tonight, once the ENV kicked in the Knits forced into the earlier war stuff, it was funny to see them floundering around.

Wouldn't really mind any of the top 4 free, IF the RAF had a post 1942 FREE plane to compete, but no.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2005, 06:55:33 AM »
i really dont know why 2 perks would be a problem. But then if these people are ONLY flying La7's they probably only get 1 perk per sortie anyway. and thats where the problem starts i guess. However me flying early war planes i get 10-30 perks per sortie.....

the only good thing i really use the la7 for is for base defence, with a "semi" vulch on. Once up, stay low, get that speed up then come back to the base and proper annoy those vulchers ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37