Author Topic: Have you ever been REALLY nervous?  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Have you ever been REALLY nervous?
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:59:50 PM »
I have had nerves a few times for different resons, but nothing that I could not handle with out a problem.

I have nerver been as nervous as I am now tho. Been living with the same woman (dont worry the missus doesnt read this board anymore) for years.

On my birhtday (may 11th) one of my old flames sent me a message to congratulate me on my 30th, and in "shock & awe" i replied. Things have escalated, and since may 11th we have sent eachother about 50-100! messages a day. Next week she is comming to visit me cause the missus is taking mia and a bunch of girlfriends and their kids to a spa and she has business here.

I'm making dinner for us and wine will be opened.

Damn, im a real wreck.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:02:23 PM »
we have not seen eachother in ....what is it? 10-12 years but i cant stop thinking about this.

she has sent me a photo (no im not posting) and she looks just as good as back then (atleast as i remember)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 03:10:24 PM »
I was nervous once when I took a trip from California to Indiana, and my connecting flight from Denver was delayed due to mechanical problems.

Then, after we took off to Indy, I noticed the cabin lights were flickering and asked the flight attendant about it.

"I'll take care of it," she said. Moments later the lights went out. Clearly she had solved the problem by turning off all the lights.

A passenger across the aisle who had been watching leaned over to me and said, "Whatever you do, please don't ask about the engines."
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Slurpee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 03:13:57 PM »
lol Holden...:rofl

Nilsen, your a bad bad bad man.:p

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:16:57 PM »
Nilson
 We are not animals. If you are comited to your girl friend, then do not go past anything but the wine.

If you are not happy with the GF well, then brake up. The kid makes it harder but do the right thing before you go looking.

Men who cheat are scum, we have a brain that lets us overide animal urges, if you do not think you can controll them on booze then do not drink.

This only applies if you have a commited relationship. If you and your GF have some kinda open relationship do what you feel you can handle.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 03:20:48 PM »
Be a man and tell your girlfriend about it.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 03:23:32 PM »
I have NO plans about letting it go any further than food and wine. In the 10+ years I have been with my gf I have _never_ strayed.

But this is something special.

Meeting your first real love again is not easy at all... and not when there is so much at stake and you really cant stop thinking about her.

A part of me wants to call the whole deal off, but she dumped me (imagine that :P ) ... im over it and all, but there are still feelings when i look at her pictures and I really wanna show her how far i have come in my life (she dumpede me for not having any goals,a nd i dint at the time)

Bet the weasel has checked my tax returns before sending the congratulations.. Now im beeing a cynical bastage. This is all so confuisng

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:23:48 PM »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 03:28:15 PM »
You just have to decide what's important in your life. Expect that anything that may happen will not be kept a secret. Expect the old flame to make sure that happens. Expect your girlfirend to find out about the visit even if nothing happens. Do you have children with your girlfirend? (I though from some posts that you did/could be wrong of course) If so, expect to see the ramifications of this visit last for decades.

Really a life changing moment. It's up to you now to make or not make that change.

Charon

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 03:28:54 PM »
Something to consider...  even if you don't do anything that YOU think is cheating, your current gf might have different standards.  To her, secretly going off to dinner with an old flame might be cheating, what with the secrecy.

I'd chat with her first and make sure she's ok with it, unless you're thinking that this is going to turn into something more then you say it will.

I guess the biggest red flag I see is the secrecy aspect.  That means that at least PART of you thinks you might be doing something bad.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 03:31:36 PM »
Nilsen, forget the private dinner. Go someplace public. show her pictures of your family. have a glass or two and reminisce.

send her packing early.

Your playing with fire buddy.

RTR
The Damned

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »
Take her out on the town, buy the finest wine, best gourmet food, give her a bout of sex that she'll still be shaking from 30mins later and dump that ho!!  lmao

Actually, It'd prolly be better to listen to Chairboy.. lol

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 03:35:21 PM »
you are both making sense and i have been thinkinga bout the same stuff... belive me i have.

(yes charon, we have mia 1 year old.)

I am aware that (whatshisname's law) is gonna strike and everything that can go wrong will.

If i tell my gf she will not be able to relax and enjoy  her weekend at the spa, but if i call it off i will always think and ponder upon what we may have said to eachother (the old flame)

One possible (bad perhaps) solution is to go ahead with it and have a loyal friend there with me. he will stick with my story that she just dropped by, and i can then tell her (gf) when she comes home that (....) dropped by and we ate and had a good time.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 03:39:37 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
I guess the biggest red flag I see is the secrecy aspect.

I agree with Chairboy.  You have zero chance at a threesome with secrecy.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 03:42:26 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I agree with Chairboy.  You have zero chance at a threesome with secrecy.

lmao