Author Topic: Why my motorcycle has a windshield  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Why my motorcycle has a windshield
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2005, 08:46:20 AM »
Lazs Driving a big block open top spoort car is fun until you hit the inevitable tailback, roadworks, whatever. Then it just becomes another cage. Maybe they never fix the roads put up lights, or even nobody else drives where you live. If so good for you but my reality is a little different.

I'm well aware of the Eurocrats attempts to legislate against us. Thats why I joined MAG thats why I rode all the Demo runs in the 90s that protested the 100bhp limit, for motorcycles only I might add, and generaly I choose to ride a big powerfull bike rather than a little commuter or whizbang. But there ya go I suppose you still think I got my head in the sand!

As for wearing Kit didn't you mention a Leather Jacket? And When I started riding no we didn't have all this cocoon stuff you go on about. Thing is now we got it I can ride longer harder further and enjoy it more cos it works and keeps the "mold off"  I've ridden with a wrist in a cast and pins in my legs. Not to be hard present an image or whatever but because I enjoy it.  

Funny isn't it. I think America is pretty good andf you guys are lucky in many ways. I happen to think that Your Leader is an bellybutton but thats only one American.

You on the other hand have never as far as I can remember managed to say one good thing about our fair and pleasent land. Biggotry might I suggest Mr Lazs?;) :lol

Oh sod it Its sunny warm and I'm off out on my bike see yah.

:D :aok
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:57:12 AM by Skydancer »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2005, 09:01:04 AM »
again... you aren't paying attention.   You are narrowmindedly seeing things only as they apply to your little part of the world.  

I have lots of open road where I live my Healey (small block not big block btw.. camino is a big block)  My Healey is quite capable of passing in very tight situations too.

If I am going to my folks say with the granddaughter in her childs seat in the Lincoln Town car (my other car)  and I get stuck in some traffic... No big deal ... I talk with the girlfriend...  drink a beverage and listen to satalite radio in leather seated climate controled comfort... I don't envy the guy splitting lanes on a neon warrior and ninja suit at all because it does not apply to my situation AT THE TIME.

How are you guys gonna get the kids around... you do have kids right?  I mean... you can't have missed out on what life is really all about can you?

Contrast and variety is good... for you guys the height of variety is simply doing the same old thing in different weather conditions... for me... it is enjoying the whole spectrum of vehicles... each with it's own personality.

can you imagine riding the BMW then getting into the Healey and then  the el camino and maybe going out latter in the Town Car... all in the same day/weekend?

I also like to tinker... It is fun to work on/improve the elky or healey or now.. the BMW.  

It is fun to be "in your face" in old vehicles bareheaded and not invisible on a same same plastic warrior in a ninja suit..

I don't have trouble finding my crap in a parking lot.

lazs

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2005, 10:01:13 AM »
Damn. I enjoyed that.

one thing I really miss about the west...

the west.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2005, 10:35:32 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Since then I've poked holes in the muffler on my Taurus, but it's just not the same.

:confused:

Air....... this is risky but you might want to try it.

Have you considered "unprotected" sex?

Just go ahead and rip the whole muffler off... go for it man!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »
skyprancer...also... maybe I don't say enough good things about your island.

I admire the courage and humor and warmth of your people... I admire your stick to it ness in the face of overwhelming odds 9stiff upper lip and all that).   I admire your sense of honor.

I despise your politics and your canine like devotion to the upper class and government.  I despise your weather and I get claustrophobic on islands.  I don't like your roads or gas prices or traffic or having to drive on the wrong side of the road or shifting with my left hand.

When I was a kid we used to ask my grandfather (when he got drunk enough) about his home... Scotland...  His reply was allways.."it was a cold misserable rock laddie"   I visited there later in life and find there was a lot of truth to his somewhat dour assesment.

I find the island pleasant to visit but would put it in the bottom ten or so of places I would live.

lazs

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2005, 10:04:59 AM »
"I find the ......... pleasant to visit but would put it in the bottom ten or so of places I would live."

Bit Like How I feel about the USA.

I got that British Stick at it ness in the face odf overwhelming odds thing I think :lol :aok

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2005, 10:20:10 AM »
lazs' car = sexiest ever.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2005, 08:47:43 AM »
skyprancer.... the US is a big place.  You could live in just about any climate you liked.  Northwest could imitate the mold formations found on all your damp stuff in england.  Even fog.   You can see the ocean in lots of places here.

Most places you would have to drive on the correct side of the road so it couldn't be that which causes you to not want to live in the US.

You would be able to keep more of what you earned and gas would be cheap.  so it couldn't be that.

There is no law that says you have to own a gun you get to choose (unless you are a felon or beat your wife)so it couldn't be that.

People here speak an understandable english and with practice.... you could speak understandably so... it can't be that.

Bush lives in the white house and most of us have never even really seen him so it can't be that..

You can buy a home here if you make a decent living so it can't be that.

I give up.... what would make you put the US at the bottom ten places to live?

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2005, 01:14:01 PM »
:lol

Maybe I didn't look hard enuff ewhen I was there but after traveling 3000 miles round the place, despite all the advantages you undoubtably have, I hankered after a bit of cultural diversity. I got tired of eating the same old things wherever I went, seeing the same old stuff, and most of all despite meeting some very cool people I got tired of the " we are the best our country is the best " rhetoric that often popped up.

The US is an undeniably beautifull place with some great people and some great history but ultimately a bit too samey for me.

Here if I travel 3000 miles I can visit several different countries, where I'll hear a variety of different toungues, be exposed to a variety of different ideas, cultures, some great art some realy ancient history, facinating architecture, and I can find some beatifull scenery. I like the UK because it helps I can speak English, I'm proud of "most" of what this nation has achieved, and its a great base for visiting other places, just a short hop accross the Channel. I'm pretty happy with that. Yes there are many things I'd like to change about it but on Balance it's OK. If I was to live anywhere else I think Germany or Northern Italy might be good. I like the Czech republic too. Or maybe for a short time Kenya as that was fantasticaly interesting too. I'd even consider the US just that it wouldn't be top of my list.

Hope that answers your question.

Despite the fact we are like chalk and cheese you are an interesting entity to converse with. Don't agree with you much but that doesn't matter.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
British cars!
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2005, 02:12:51 PM »
I have an older friend that restores Austin-Healeys and sometimes puts japanese motors in them. I have had the pleasure of driving a 3000 with a twin-turbo nissan V6 in it, passed a cop at about 90mph and proceeded to ditch him, yeehaw! He sold a bug-eye sprite to another of my good friends. Has a Ford 5 liter HO motor in it! 0-60 in 3 seconds. Smacks your head into the roll-bar real good when it shifts. BTW my friend only has one leg so this car has a 3 spd automatic and a gas pedal on the left side of the brake pedal also! My housemate has a spitfire with a 2 liter nissan motor, souped up, spins about 8K. Small cars are fun!

g00b

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2005, 02:28:37 PM »
skyprancer... cultural diviersity??? your country is like 97% exceptionaly pale white guys with bad teeth..

Here... I you want mexican food you get mexican food... probly made by mexicans and you will probly be eating with mexicans...

canada and mexico both border us and Alaska and hawaii are both states... you can cruise down to central/south America on a bike if you want too.

probly less difference between france and germany than there is between new york and los angeles

lazs

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2005, 02:36:45 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
skyprancer... cultural diviersity??? your country is like 97% exceptionaly pale white guys with bad teeth..

lazs

Yeah and 97% of Americans are all rednecks who marry their relatives, drive pickup trucks rifles in racks in rear window and confederate flag flying in their radio antenna.

Last 3 percent are Chinese and Canadians.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2005, 02:38:09 PM »
I absolutely HATE riding in the rain.  It is wet, cold and frigging dangerous.

I cannot belive that some of you claim to prefer riding in rain over a sunny day...it is just weird.

lazs:
"cultural diviersity??? your country is like 97% exceptionaly pale white guys with bad teeth.. "

lol....

...and I love the fact that lazs likens cultural diversity to how close he is to Taco Bell.  ;)

LOL...just too funny...all of you.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2005, 02:42:12 PM »
staga.... The U.S. is not 97% anything.   It is far more diverse than either england or your country.

curval... I do live near a taco bell and about 4 family owned mexican resteraunts.    You are just gonna have to take my word for it... we have real mexicans here.  Lots of em.

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
curval... I do live near a taco bell and about 4 family owned mexican resteraunts.    You are just gonna have to take my word for it... we have real mexicans here.  Lots of em.

lazs

Wow...okay.  So if having Mexicans near you makes you very cultural I guess you win.

The big winner of course is Mexico proper.

:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain