Bombing
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:35:01 PM »
Well i was doin fine now i can't bomb for watermelon help:D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 03:58:11 PM by SkyChimp »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bombing
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:08:27 PM »
Okay there are 2.. no wait let's say 3 ways to bomb.

If the precision bombsite is enabled, the green "+" is where your bombs will hit. Your bombsite is already calibrated.

If you have autocalibrate enabled (it was put in a while back, to help alleviate problems with the old bomber calibration system) you have to go to the bombsite and look at the instructions on the top left of the screen. Hit "u" to enter the calibration screen. It says you must hold down "y" for at least 2 seconds. I have done some tests, and what it does is it oscilates back and forth past your current speed, and finally the oscillations get smaller until it is at your current speed. Holding "y" for 2 seconds will most likely have you calibrate your speed on one of the oscillations, meaning your speed and the calibrated speed will be wrong (thus bombs fall wrong). HOLD FOR AT LEAST A COUNT OF 15!!! That's the secret. I've found that by counting til 15 seconds you usually get reliable speed. Hit "u" to get back to drop mode, drop bombs. Note your bomber must be steady. Don't calibrate just after levelling out, or you'll accelerate past that calibration speed (say you calibrate right after auto level, you will calibrate at about 160 or so, but by the time you get to target you could be going 250). YOu need time and distance to make your speed steady. Check E6B.

If you do NOT have autocalibrate enabled, it's harder (for my computer, and some others', it is impossible, it just won't happen). You go to bombsite. You hit "u" to ener calibration mode. Open your clipboard. Select the target on the map and click on it (the altitude will be set in the top left side of your screen). Close clipboard. Move your crosshairs UP (forward) and find some landmark. Hold the crosshairs on that landmark and hold the "y" key down. Keep the crosshairs steady on the landmark (whatever it is) for as long as you can. Keep the crosshairs steady as you can. Then let go of "y" and hit "u". You should be calibrated. Note that you must also be at steady speeds here. Holding the crosshairs on some landmark and holding the "y" key down is how you measure your speed in this method of calibration.

How do you tell what mode you have?

If you have a green "+" you don't have to calibrate.

If you enter calibrate mode and the text on your top left screen only shows certain things in red, only do those things (hold down Y to calibrate speed, etc) -- generally if you don't have to click the clipboard, you have autocalibrate and you just need to set your speed.

If all items on the calibration screen are red, do them all!

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 05:49:22 PM »
im talking about in ma not h2h :p

I know u then put at angle but what angle heh then u hold y for over 2 sec then press u.

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Bombing
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:30:44 AM »
-2 out of 10

Freaking public schools....

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bombing
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 10:20:59 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty

If you have autocalibrate enabled (it was put in a while back, to help alleviate problems with the old bomber calibration system) you have to go to the bombsite and look at the instructions on the top left of the screen. Hit "u" to enter the calibration screen. It says you must hold down "y" for at least 2 seconds. I have done some tests, and what it does is it oscilates back and forth past your current speed, and finally the oscillations get smaller until it is at your current speed. Holding "y" for 2 seconds will most likely have you calibrate your speed on one of the oscillations, meaning your speed and the calibrated speed will be wrong (thus bombs fall wrong). HOLD FOR AT LEAST A COUNT OF 15!!! That's the secret. I've found that by counting til 15 seconds you usually get reliable speed. Hit "u" to get back to drop mode, drop bombs. Note your bomber must be steady. Don't calibrate just after levelling out, or you'll accelerate past that calibration speed (say you calibrate right after auto level, you will calibrate at about 160 or so, but by the time you get to target you could be going 250). YOu need time and distance to make your speed steady. Check E6B.

MA has autocalibrate enabled from what I understand. All of that applies.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Bombing
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »
my secrets for a good drop (I rarely miss)
also im not a on the deck buff operator ...
(they wont give me a lic for that)

8k + is my alts ..

1st i set up e6b on the clipbard so i have easy access to it.. doors open early ...

jump in bombsite hit u then cal for 4 seconds (count off .. 1 mississippi, ect)
dont move the joystick at all diring this .

now check your cal air speed against the speed on the e6b ... does it match ? if not then either throttle it to match or recal.

hopefully you lined up your drop early so if ya need to move right or left you can do it with the rudder trim keys  ( J  L )  the less movement on the joystick the better ur chances for a pinpoint drop
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 11:56:42 AM »
Good tips Rosco!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 02:33:14 PM »
BUT what angle?

Give me a screen shot.

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
Bombing
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 02:37:40 PM »
There is no angle.

Hit F6

Hit U

Hold your crosshairs on a point on the ground.

Hold Y for a few seconds.

Hit U again.

bomb

rinse

repeat

Jules: What country you from?

Brett: What?

Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHER****ER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 02:43:41 PM »
Originally posted by HavocTM
There is no angle.

Hit F6

Hit U

Hold your crosshairs on a point on the ground.

Hold Y for a few seconds.

Hit U again.

bomb

rinse

repeat

Jules: What country you from?

Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHER****ER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

:o S! i thought there was an angle S! lol :p

I hate posting because of my english heh i live in texas born here and i still can't speak it:p

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
Bombing
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 02:49:10 PM »
Eh, I suppose I forgive you, but only because I am a Texan too... lol

S!

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 02:51:25 PM »
:confused: :p

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
Bombing
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 02:53:42 PM »
yeah...

been here ten years....

surrounded by yankees...

or yankers....

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 02:54:47 PM »
Originally posted by HavocTM
yeah...

been here ten years....

surrounded by yankees...

or yankers....

:eek: Come to take Texas :D

OMG i ment come back to texas heh ;p
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 03:02:05 PM by SkyChimp »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Bombing
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 11:42:09 PM »
if you move the joystick or even trim turn the plane while caling it will throw it off .

i made the mistake of trim turning while caling and when i droped on my targut i ended up hitting the one next to it instead .

Now if you want my cv and gv bombing secrets its gonna cost ya dearly :p
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation