Author Topic: Nose Bounce  (Read 1986 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Nose Bounce
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2005, 02:34:24 PM »
The CH FlightStick Pro is ambidextrous - well real close. To be truly ambidextrous the throttle wheel would have to be in the middle. But its a pretty good stick for lefties. Its what I use. Its available from their online store for about $90.

One day, a company will realize it would be extraordinarily easy for them to corner the market on left handed game controllers simply by making them.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Could you use this?
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2005, 03:30:40 PM »

Could anyone really see themselves using this?

http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=999&products_id=34

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Nose Bounce
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2005, 03:47:43 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
What do you think about using the trim axisis on the ch flight stick during flight? I use combat trim, but sometimes use the pich axis on the stick to keep the nose down. Would these axis wheels be good to use instead of combat trim?

When you are using the axis trim dials on the stick, you are not trimming the plane but rather trimming the potentiometers that control the axis of the sticks themselves.  Depending on the stick and the ability of its programming software, you can program the plane trim to the dials on the stick so you will be trimming the plane and not the stick when using the dials on the stick.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 03:51:58 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
Exponential!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2005, 03:19:52 PM »
In the Radio Control airplane world it is common to use exponential stick scaling for pretty much all advanced flying. All those guys you see performing precision aerobatics to the guys doing the wild 3D stuff use exponential.

It provides for a "soft center" type of feeling which allows for precise minute amounts of control movement while still allowing for 100% control movement.

I have noticed that different sticks have their own "scaling" and even if you prefer a linear responce profile, you may want to tweak your settings to achieve that. The calibration tools in AH are simply the best of any flight sim I have ever played and is probably somewhat under-utilized to it's full advantage.

I run a fairly aggressive curve as I find it helps tremendously on those "straight 6" type shots. My joystick is a bit tired and it helps to smooth the inputs a bit as well. I'll probably take a smidge out of the curve when I get a new stick.

g00b

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Nose Bounce
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2005, 08:31:23 PM »
Keeping the pipper on a target that is not even wiggling much, is a little like skating on a marble. CH ctrl manager has an axis setting tool that allows you to lessen the gain (sensativity) at the apex of the "marble".

My question, is this a real world thing or a game thing?
I've never flown a real plane so have no clue. It just doesn't seem to make sense that the stick control would be te same in gross control areas as subtle control areas. It also seems the "marble" is a little exagerated, but again, having never flown I dunno.