Author Topic: OK I got IL2!  (Read 4742 times)

Offline Makarov1

• Zinc Member
      • http://fox-hunters.com
OK I got IL2!
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
So where is everyone? I've been looking on Ubi and Gamespy for some good co-op games but all I see are a few free-for-all's. Let's get together and do some co-op this weekend. Someone who has a good connection set a time and place and let's get it going.  :)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
OK I got IL2!
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
live ware?  I think I have that disabled, maybe even not installed.  I know once I just installed the drivers on a rebuild and didn't mess with the Live Ware stuff.  

I probably won't get the game any time soon, I was just curious.  You don't have to post everything you did.   :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
OK I got IL2!
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2001, 06:20:00 AM »
Hehehe, all planes in the Demo rolled like 190's on steroids, not to mention the P39 wich had a roll speed twice as good as that of the "Extra" aerobatic plane (400 dgeree/s I belive). Good to hear it has been fixed  :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
OK I got IL2!
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
After 83 german fighter campaign missions and then turning to russian fighter campaign, it feels like HE111 and Ju88 are nothing but lunch.

In bf109, I had to be scared of crackshot tail guns, who could of hit the pilot while it was flying 90 degrees other direction and 500 meters behind and ALSO doing maneuver instead of flying straight..

In russian fighter, I can just slowly advance behind german bomber and watch them shoot wide misses until im within 100 meters.
I can just hang behind them at 200 meters and blast them with the peashots...
In 109 I had to be scared of one shot at 500 meters..
Once single 7.62mm burst from 730 meters blew my 109 up into atoms. (plus those few times getting PKed at 400-500 meters, from various angles)

whats up with that?

..oh and that russo fighter can take even 5 30mm hits at best times and otherwise too often 2-4 hits?

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
OK I got IL2!
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2001, 06:36:00 AM »
Uh-oh - mine's finally arrived!  :)

Fishu - probaly not an explanation you want but standard Russian ShKAS 7.62mm MG spat 1,800 rpm... I've heard of even faster firing versions of ShKAS but I doubt they were fitted to many planes.

Offline zarkov

• Copper Member
      • http://N/A
OK I got IL2!
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by -lynx-:
Uh-oh - mine's finally arrived!   :)

Fishu - probaly not an explanation you want but standard Russian ShKAS 7.62mm MG spat 1,800 rpm... I've heard of even faster firing versions of ShKAS but I doubt they were fitted to many planes.

I read that a lot of the Russian guns had higher rates of fire AND higher muzzle velocities than their German contemporaries.  Which means they could throw more metal out and they shot flatter.